Detailed Playoff Scenarios

Seems like people keep wondering what could happen when (and I am saying when, F*** the SOJ mentality) we win.  Correct me if these are wrong, but it plays out each case.

WHEN WE WIN:

DEN and KC lose, CIN Win ---> We play Texans (DEN 3 KC 6, CIN gets BYE) 

DEN and KC lose, CIN Lose ---> We play Texans (DEN BYE CIN/KC 3/6) 

DEN win and KC Lose (CIN result doesn't matter)---> We play Texans (DEN 2, CIN vs KC 3/6).

KC win and DEN Lose and CIN win ----> We play Texans (KC vs DEN 3/6, CIN BYE).

KC AND DEN WIN (CIN result doesn't matter) : We play Cincy (Denver is 2 HOU/KC 4/5)

IF WE LOSE AND PITT LOSES (No chance for 5 seed, only 6 seed):

DEN WIN ---->  We play Cincy (Denver is 2 HOU/KC 4/5)

DEN LOSS and KC WIN, CIN WIN----> We play KC (CIN is 2 HOU/DEN 4/5) 

DEN LOSS and KC WIN, CIN LOSS---->  We play KC (CIN is 2 HOU/DEN 4/5) 

DEN LOSS, KC LOSS, CIN WIN ----> We play DEN (CIN is 2 HOU/KC 4/5) 

DEN/KC/CIN LOSS ---> We play Cincy (Denver is 2 HOU/KC 4/5)

IF WE TIE:

We're in, be happy!

IF SOMEONE ELSE TIES:

Check twitter during the game, someone will tell you  :)

I think Oakland has a real chance to beat KC this week.  Oakland is a decent team (4-3 on the road) and KC is due for a loss.

And SD is no gimme for Denver, Philip Rivers is one of those guys who can win on any given Sunday if he plays well.

Edited by jetscrazey

There is only one scenario.

We win. 

Do you really give a sh*t about a scenario where Rex beats this team twice, and we have to rely on other variables out of our control to get us in because we couldn't do it? I don't. At that point, I'd expect nothing from this team in the playoffs.

We win, we roll into the playoffs with a head of steam.... the SOJ stigma a fading shadow of our past... there is only one scenario.

We win.

• Upvote 1

Colts literally need 9 games to go their way to get in.  I'd give it a 0.1% chance

Sorry how I could forget this one.  Colts remove the horseshoe from their ass they have had since 1999 and shove it up 8 other teams asses to have the exact situation happen. It would be a great 30 for 30 short or something, but god I hope for good football's sake that it doesn't happen.