Eagles fire Chip Kelly

Joejet

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The lesson there is that you either have a QB or you don't, and there is no hiding from the fact that you do not, no matter how fancy your system is.

Lesson 1a-I don't care how cute and successful your cool new gimmicky offense works in college, it will not work in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened to not even give him the courtesy of finishing the season? Has a head coach ever been fired in the week BEFORE week 17? I've never heard of this happening. Mid-season? Yes. The Monday after? Yes, but never right before the last game. 

Makes me think that they have a HC target in mind...

It would be crazy if they got Tom Coughlin.... :)

Lesson 1a-I don't care how cute and successful your cool new gimmicky offense works in college, it will not work in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.  Bradford played well enough.  They didn't play enough D and he had no running game and an offense that works off the run.  Running one play after another is cute until your defense tires out because it's on the field too long

Unbelievable. He went 10-6 in back to back seasons. I thought that would be enough to earn him one more year.

I guess it had to do with personnel moves more than anything else. Murray and Maxwell got big contracts but played really poorly. Bradford got $13 million and had a bad season. The receivers he drafted couldn't make plays and dropped a ton of passes. His newly built offense fell off a cliff.

Makes me think that they have a HC target in mind...

It would be crazy if they got Tom Coughlin.... :)

I wanted Coughlin IMMEDIATELY AFTER Jax axed him, he's a helluva Old school cranky SOB HC. IF HE WENT TO eagles that would satisfy the long desire to see him in Green & White AND STICK IT TO the VaGiants for firing a 2 x SB coach with no clear superior replacement. 

Archived