a Jet fan, a 'phins fan, and a Pats fan walk into a bar...

Integrity28

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-3, 74 yards, GW Touchdown. I again cheer respectfully but enthusiastically for about 10 seconds, and get up to leave. Now everyone is purposefully avoiding me. It's amazing.

Get in the car for the drive back to CT...

Great story, but not complete; are you still engaged? what did the family say to you after the game? banned from future games? has to be more then just the radio on the car ride home  :)

I have a similar one here in Florida from a few weeks ago. Walked i to a local Duffys to pick up some wings for a Jets late game. The pats were playing the Bills and I stood and had a couple of Beers while waiting for my order, and of course there is a shrill, obnoxious Masshole Cow shrieking at the top of her lungs at every play, nonsense like "Block da bawl" and crap like that. Her boyfriend or whatever was silently cringing, and she was just a complete ass. Whatever, right?

So I'm standing there shooting the sh*t about the game with some regulars, guy in a dolphins jersey and a Steelers fan, and of course, a Bills fan...and I said, Loudly enough for the she-beast to hear me, "well, if there's one thing that can bring Jets, Steelers, Bills, and Fins fans together, its our Hate for New England".

Crazy person immediately starts staring at me like I told her to suck her moms dick, and shrieks, " What da hell did you say?!" So I repeated for her benefit and she was completely flustered and just stared at me, so I asked if she was new to watching football and didn't quite get rival dynamics...and she lost her mind and was basically yelling about Brady bein' da bomb or some sh*t (adjacent man friend remained quiet), so I turned to the other guys, who were trying not to laugh hysterically, and asked in stage whisper, "Do you think shes crazy, or just really ******* hammered?".

That set her over, screaming "**** you" and "yoah team sucks!" Etc. At which point, my order  was ready.

The best part? As I was leaving, I asked to see the manager, and advised him of how serving obviously intoxicated patrons was a no-no...found out the following week she was cut off and asked to leave.

She hasnt been back since, making everyone's viewing experience much more pleasant.

my folks catch games down there a couple times a year (and will be there Sunday)

they say Belichik's Uncle, or cousin, or some other relation is the ringleader of a Pats* fan club that watches games there.

my folks catch games down there a couple times a year (and will be there Sunday)

they say Belichik's Uncle, or cousin, or some other relation is the ringleader of a Pats* fan club that watches games there.

(Sorry, issue with the Quote feature)

they are often the only Jets fans in the place ... So if you see a "young looking" Grandma & Grandpa ... Sporting their Green & White ... Please pop over & say hi ... So they know at least 1 other cool Jets fan is around!

There was a Jets fan too where I was watching the game.

He had nothing to say to me until the Jets won the game. You just have to laugh and walk away.

You spend your time trolling on a Jets message board. Now you want to play the "I take the high road" angle, because it's real life?

These classic stories are why you know, when Bill and Brady are gone so will 45% if not more of the patriot fan base

I have much respect for the fans who follow the team since the 60s when they were terrible, and you're enjoying the great ride they they've been on. This is opposed to all the bandwagon fans who jumped on after they started winning.

A twist on the fan rivalry:

I'm at the game with my son (13) and two rows back a Jets fan, who has been a consistent pain in the ass all season, starts shouting at Brady as if Brady can hear him.  Problem is, he's shouting things that would make George Carlin blush.  Things about Giselle performing acts on Brady wearing a certain apparatus, about how Brady does things to pleasure Bellicheck--in graphic detail complete with the happy ending landing in Brady's hair--you get the picture.  Unfortunately there is a family of Pats fans with two young kids sitting in front of me and a Jets family with two young teenage daughters around my son's age in front of them.  By halftime, everyone's uncomfortable, and not enjoying the game.  The vitriol gets more graphic and perverse and loud as the third quarter gets under way.  The Pats have a few good plays and suddenly popcorn comes raining down on the Pats family.  Then the popcorn bucket.  then more vitriol.  My son is in the line of fire.  He looks at me and says, "dad, should we text that number?"  And I answered, "no, we don't do things that way."  Another volley of popcorn comes and that's it!  I spin around and climb a row and scream, "if another kernel of popcorn ******* hits my son I'm gonna snatch you out of your seat and drag you the **** out of this stadium!"  Guy is shocked.  Says he didn't do it.  I tell him to find out who did because I'm holding him responsible.  He says leave him alone--he's here with his dad..."So are those kids who have had to listen to your filthy sh*t all game!  **** you and **** your dad for raising such a piece of sh*t!"  The folks around me are all season ticket holders who've had enough of this guy all year as well.  They hold me back but I've opened the flood gates.  Half a dozen people chime in and shout him down.  Another threatens to harm him if he says another word to the Pats family.  I regain my composure and apologize to my son.  He says, "no dad.  I wasn't scared.  That was good."  And we watched the fourth quarter of the last home game in peace finally after an entire season of this a$$hole.  And if you're the a$$hole and you're on this board, I'm the big dude in the Klecko Jersey who nearly throttled you last Sunday.  Feel free to PM me.

I'm at the game with my son (13) and two rows back a Jets fan, who has been a consistent pain in the ass all season, starts shouting at Brady as if Brady can hear him.  Problem is, he's shouting things that would make George Carlin blush.  Things about Giselle performing acts on Brady wearing a certain apparatus, about how Brady does things to pleasure Bellicheck--in graphic detail complete with the happy ending landing in Brady's hair--you get the picture.  Unfortunately there is a family of Pats fans with two young kids sitting in front of me and a Jets family with two young teenage daughters around my son's age in front of them.  By halftime, everyone's uncomfortable, and not enjoying the game.  The vitriol gets more graphic and perverse and loud as the third quarter gets under way.  The Pats have a few good plays and suddenly popcorn comes raining down on the Pats family.  Then the popcorn bucket.  then more vitriol.  My son is in the line of fire.  He looks at me and says, "dad, should we text that number?"  And I answered, "no, we don't do things that way."  Another volley of popcorn comes and that's it!  I spin around and climb a row and scream, "if another kernel of popcorn ******* hits my son I'm gonna snatch you out of your seat and drag you the **** out of this stadium!"  Guy is shocked.  Says he didn't do it.  I tell him to find out who did because I'm holding him responsible.  He says leave him alone--he's here with his dad..."So are those kids who have had to listen to your filthy sh*t all game!  **** you and **** your dad for raising such a piece of sh*t!"  The folks around me are all season ticket holders who've had enough of this guy all year as well.  They hold me back but I've opened the flood gates.  Half a dozen people chime in and shout him down.  Another threatens to harm him if he says another word to the Pats family.  I regain my composure and apologize to my son.  He says, "no dad.  I wasn't scared.  That was good."  And we watched the fourth quarter of the last home game in peace finally after an entire season of this a$$hole.  And if you're the a$$hole and you're on this board, I'm the big dude in the Klecko Jersey who nearly throttled you last Sunday.  Feel free to PM me.

You win.

I love it.

And living here in Mass, I had a similar situation happen with friends from NY visiting. They came up with my god daughter, 9 months old or so, to see the Yankees vs. Red Sox. I'm a Mets fan, but we live here and I love baseball, so we got to the games. He's a die hard Yankee fan. 

A couple other Yankee fans found their way into our section. It was all families. My guests were quiet. One of the Yankee fans was just so over-the-top vulgar it was ruining the whole night. Two kids in front of me were upset by it, they'd never heard anything so filthy. It was an embarrassment. I'm sitting there with Yankee fans, not wearing any team apparel at all, and I just turned to the guy and said, "take it easy man, you're saying ****ed up sh*t... there's kids". He begged me to come up and stop him. I wouldn't do anything that might cause a mess and injure the baby. 

The father of the 2 kids that were upset actually texted that number, and he was removed. I don't know what the **** is wrong with people. 

So, this came up in KRL's thread about the game replay. It's a fun story about some real-life trolling... hope you enjoy it. I was out in the midwest with family for the holiday. I found a bar to watch the game in, but was only able to get there for the 2nd half. The rest I had been following through ESPN's fantasy app, the play-by-play text feed. As I walked in, approached the bar, there was one seat open in the whole place...

Right in front of a bunch of Steelers fans, between a guy wearing a Dolphins tee under a hoodie, and an ugly couple all decked out in Gronk gear.

I rolled my eyes. Just my luck. I am surrounded by Pats fans daily, and now even on the road, more of them. Anyway, I grab my seat, order a beer, and get settled in. Believe it or not, I'm not a dooshy Ape in real life, so I say "happy holidays" to my neighbors, ignored by the Pats fans, and I ask the Dolphins fan what's going on in the games. He gives me the low-down, the Colts fans are giving him a good natured hard time, and he basically says he's rooting for the Jets to beat the Pats, then motions at the couple next to me as why. He was a cool Dad type of guy, just wanted to hide from family and take in a game. He knew football too, so he was a good conversation... meanwhile, the Pats fan was a know-nothing hardass with an ignorant skank of a girlfriend that flinched at everything he did.

Hardass was doing the intensely staring at the tv thing. I wasn't wearing Jets gear, so it wasn't obvious who I was rooting for. He was screaming at the tv, "******* assholes" every time they showed Jet fans in the stands. I pushed back from the bar, calmly, and simply said, "isn't it just my luck to come all the way out here, to end up being a Jet fan stuck between a Dolphins fan and a couple of Pats fans". The Dolphins guy laughed, he could appreciate it. The Pats guy got tight, like he didn't realize he'd been cussing out Jets fans with one sitting next to him. I'm assuming his girlfriend and inanimate objects don't fight back. I flashed him a GFY smile, and kept working on my beer. 

He bitched about officiating, without any clear understanding of what constitutes a violation. He dropped the "league is out to get us" bomb, which several people around him laughed at. He was yelling some garbage about how "nobody can block Gronk, so pass it to him" and outright screaming at his girlfriend that he knows more than McDaniels. Between gulps of beer, every time he said "block Gronk", I chimed in "Cover. Nobody can cover Gronk... because he's the best receiving mismatch in football." He'd momentarily shut up every time. Still not looking at me.

When the Jets couldn't drive in the 4th quarter, I was frustrated, but I don't yell at televisions and I didn't let on to my disappointment. So, I turned to him and I said, "the Jets are giving Brady the ball too much in the 4th quarter, they won't hold the lead doing that, you guys might steal this back." Pretty benign, but true. He seemed confused by this, but refused to make eye contact with me still. I explained, "this is where teams screw the pooch versus Brady, too many chances late in the game." He was still confused. I wondered how much he actually watched them play to not understand this.

His girl suddenly asked, "are you a hater?" I couldn't help but laugh. I asked, "A hater?" And she said, "We're used to haters." So, I said, "I live in Mass, some of my best friends are Pats fans, and I'd never heard this term 'hater', please can you explain what exactly is a hater? Is it someone that calls rival fans on the tv names?" She sat there, slackjawed with no answer. Ugly. I could see the makeup caked around her nose ring. Eyebrows overplucked. Just gross. Then I asked them if they were from Mass and out for the holiday, because at the end of the day I'm an adult... or maybe just trolling more. Nope. Not from Mass - furthering my theory that the mouthiest Pats fans always end up not being from Mass. To top it off... never lived in Mass, didn't have family there. This just got fun.

So, Gronk made that big catch. I said, "man, nobody can block him". 

After Brady hit White for the TD, I turned to him and said, "Did you see the replay on that?" He ignored me, he was celebrating as though it was a won game. So I tapped him on the shoulder, and he looked at me finally. He tried to look pissed, he didn't like the tap, but there wasn't a moment at all where I thought "****, I just escalated this". So I laughed at him and I repeated myself about the White TD, and he said, "What, did we cheat?" I laughed at him, more. I said "I was actually admiring how Brady looked off both safeties to clear the middle of the field for White to be wide open - you were just carrying on about him being wide open, well that's why he was wide open." His response, a blank stare. I said, "It was all in the play design - I guess McDaniels does know what he's doing". His face turned red. I laughed, and said "congrats, you guys just made this one interesting!" 

When the overtime period started, and the coin flip happened, he was screaming "somehting happened, something happened". I said, "yea, the Jets got the ball". The volume was not on, so we had no idea what Slater had said. 

Like I said earlier, I don't scream at television in bars, but for every single play in OT, I was out of my seat, climbing the bar, yelling my face off. When we scored, I sat down. Clapped slowly, grinned knowingly, and just said "what a good football game". The Steelers fans were pissed, but congratulatory. The Dolphins fan was cool about it. The Pats fan was screaming that the Pats should get the ball back. I looked at him... really? Everyone that was paying attention was like... really?

10 minutes after the game ended, he was still carrying on about it. Finally, I just said, "I think you are misunderstanding the OT rules. It's over. There's no conspiracy. We didn't cheat." Irony always comes full circle. He busted out his phone and showed me some blurb about the rule, and I actually reached out, put my finger on the screen, and scrolled down just a touch to expose the "with the exception that if a touchdown..." which was the part of the rule proving the Jets won. Right there, in his hands. JJ Abrams couldn't have filmed the scene any better.

I looked up, and said, "oops, there it is, look at that. we won again!"

His wife left. He sat there, never said another word, and sulked like a twat for about an hour. Meanwhile, I made like 5-6 friends in the bar, we drank our asses off, laughed at the Pats expense, and had a great time. When he left, the bartender was hilarious. She dogged on him, and then commented on how the couple of them never tip.

The high road has never felt so good. I didn't lower myself to the depths of a moron Pats fan, I didn't end up with legal trouble (or infections from his girls filthy nails scratching me to help him), and I publicly shamed a Pats fan on a day where my Jets did me proud.

The better fan and team won that day. What a trollishly awesome way to cap off the holiday.

Epic. I've been pissing off Pats fans this week as well, but this took the cake. 

Haha.  As if PR37 could have possibly walked away from that game laughing.  You're not human if that's your reaction after an OT loss in a rivalry game, no matter what NE had clinched before that game.

I found it comical that your brethren started talking crap after the game was over.

Silver lining.

Where am I trolling?

Whats upsetting you today?

Listen, you're usually decent, but ... is your presence here a way of supporting the Jets? 

Just accept the way I've highlighted the irony of what you said, and move on.

I've talked about this on this board over the years.  I'm by no means a prude, but a football game should be a family friendly environment that happens to serve alcohol, not a filthy dive bar that happens to have a football game.  I can't think of the last Jets game I've been to where there hasn't been someone who's seemingly whole purpose of being there was to get loaded and **** up the day of everyone else.  I'm surprised you waited until the 4th quarter...

Great story, but not complete; are you still engaged? what did the family say to you after the game? banned from future games? has to be more then just the radio on the car ride home  :)

Haha still engaged! The fam was "happy" for me since "that game didn't mean anything for them anyway". And absolutely not banned. They actually had a great time with me there cuz I made it interesting and gave them all something to constantly go back and forth with...in fact tthey want me to come up for the 1pm jets/bills and pats/whoever games this sunday!

This is why I like to watch games at home.  I used to think it was because I liked to see the replays and yell at the screen so much that I would feel bad making an ass of myself at the games.  Then I noticed the people at the games almost all make bigger asses of themselves.  I also don't like to hear all the vulgarity when I get there and when I respond (like Sir Lance) I almost always realize that I have out-profanitied the people I was complaining about.  You know what I mean "Hey a$$hole, stop ******* cursing or I am going to rip out your ******* spleen, there are children here."  Not generally my best moments.

I hate dealing with morons.  Here I end up going to bars and with what it ends up costing I am just getting a slingbox. I will certainly eat better/

This is why I like to watch games at home.  I used to think it was because I liked to see the replays and yell at the screen so much that I would feel bad making an ass of myself at the games.  Then I noticed the people at the games almost all make bigger asses of themselves.  I also don't like to hear all the vulgarity when I get there and when I respond (like Sir Lance) I almost always realize that I have out-profanitied the people I was complaining about.  You know what I mean "Hey a$$hole, stop ******* cursing or I am going to rip out your ******* spleen, there are children here."  Not generally my best moments.

I hate dealing with morons.  Here I end up going to bars and with what it ends up costing I am just getting a slingbox. I will certainly eat better/

+100

I've always been a real nerd about the game and the strategy. There is nothing I like more than watching a really good game with good players at home by myself with a bunch of food and some clean, cold water. Drinking always takes away from the game, and I always find myself not being able to recall certain things after games where I'm at the stadium or at a bar. For big Jets games or really good matchups in general, I don't care about the "camaraderie" or "the atmosphere" - I want to focus on the game.

Being a 20-something year old in and around Manhattan, though, those preferences were not welcomed by friends and fellow football fans who always wanted to go out and have beers at a sports bar and revel in the banter amongst crowds. Even this past weekend, all I wanted was to watch the game at my Fiance's place...but of course that morning the entire street lost Cable reception at around noon, so instead of waiting for them to get it back, we quickly made our way to the sports bar. 

Then again, I did very much enjoy watching the herd of pats fans in their natural habitat. So I guess win-win!

So, this came up in KRL's thread about the game replay. It's a fun story about some real-life trolling... hope you enjoy it. I was out in the midwest with family for the holiday. I found a bar to watch the game in, but was only able to get there for the 2nd half. The rest I had been following through ESPN's fantasy app, the play-by-play text feed. As I walked in, approached the bar, there was one seat open in the whole place...

Right in front of a bunch of Steelers fans, between a guy wearing a Dolphins tee under a hoodie, and an ugly couple all decked out in Gronk gear.

I rolled my eyes. Just my luck. I am surrounded by Pats fans daily, and now even on the road, more of them. Anyway, I grab my seat, order a beer, and get settled in. Believe it or not, I'm not a dooshy Ape in real life, so I say "happy holidays" to my neighbors, ignored by the Pats fans, and I ask the Dolphins fan what's going on in the games. He gives me the low-down, the Colts fans are giving him a good natured hard time, and he basically says he's rooting for the Jets to beat the Pats, then motions at the couple next to me as why. He was a cool Dad type of guy, just wanted to hide from family and take in a game. He knew football too, so he was a good conversation... meanwhile, the Pats fan was a know-nothing hardass with an ignorant skank of a girlfriend that flinched at everything he did.

Hardass was doing the intensely staring at the tv thing. I wasn't wearing Jets gear, so it wasn't obvious who I was rooting for. He was screaming at the tv, "******* assholes" every time they showed Jet fans in the stands. I pushed back from the bar, calmly, and simply said, "isn't it just my luck to come all the way out here, to end up being a Jet fan stuck between a Dolphins fan and a couple of Pats fans". The Dolphins guy laughed, he could appreciate it. The Pats guy got tight, like he didn't realize he'd been cussing out Jets fans with one sitting next to him. I'm assuming his girlfriend and inanimate objects don't fight back. I flashed him a GFY smile, and kept working on my beer. 

He bitched about officiating, without any clear understanding of what constitutes a violation. He dropped the "league is out to get us" bomb, which several people around him laughed at. He was yelling some garbage about how "nobody can block Gronk, so pass it to him" and outright screaming at his girlfriend that he knows more than McDaniels. Between gulps of beer, every time he said "block Gronk", I chimed in "Cover. Nobody can cover Gronk... because he's the best receiving mismatch in football." He'd momentarily shut up every time. Still not looking at me.

When the Jets couldn't drive in the 4th quarter, I was frustrated, but I don't yell at televisions and I didn't let on to my disappointment. So, I turned to him and I said, "the Jets are giving Brady the ball too much in the 4th quarter, they won't hold the lead doing that, you guys might steal this back." Pretty benign, but true. He seemed confused by this, but refused to make eye contact with me still. I explained, "this is where teams screw the pooch versus Brady, too many chances late in the game." He was still confused. I wondered how much he actually watched them play to not understand this.

His girl suddenly asked, "are you a hater?" I couldn't help but laugh. I asked, "A hater?" And she said, "We're used to haters." So, I said, "I live in Mass, some of my best friends are Pats fans, and I'd never heard this term 'hater', please can you explain what exactly is a hater? Is it someone that calls rival fans on the tv names?" She sat there, slackjawed with no answer. Ugly. I could see the makeup caked around her nose ring. Eyebrows overplucked. Just gross. Then I asked them if they were from Mass and out for the holiday, because at the end of the day I'm an adult... or maybe just trolling more. Nope. Not from Mass - furthering my theory that the mouthiest Pats fans always end up not being from Mass. To top it off... never lived in Mass, didn't have family there. This just got fun.

So, Gronk made that big catch. I said, "man, nobody can block him". 

After Brady hit White for the TD, I turned to him and said, "Did you see the replay on that?" He ignored me, he was celebrating as though it was a won game. So I tapped him on the shoulder, and he looked at me finally. He tried to look pissed, he didn't like the tap, but there wasn't a moment at all where I thought "****, I just escalated this". So I laughed at him and I repeated myself about the White TD, and he said, "What, did we cheat?" I laughed at him, more. I said "I was actually admiring how Brady looked off both safeties to clear the middle of the field for White to be wide open - you were just carrying on about him being wide open, well that's why he was wide open." His response, a blank stare. I said, "It was all in the play design - I guess McDaniels does know what he's doing". His face turned red. I laughed, and said "congrats, you guys just made this one interesting!" 

When the overtime period started, and the coin flip happened, he was screaming "somehting happened, something happened". I said, "yea, the Jets got the ball". The volume was not on, so we had no idea what Slater had said. 

Like I said earlier, I don't scream at television in bars, but for every single play in OT, I was out of my seat, climbing the bar, yelling my face off. When we scored, I sat down. Clapped slowly, grinned knowingly, and just said "what a good football game". The Steelers fans were pissed, but congratulatory. The Dolphins fan was cool about it. The Pats fan was screaming that the Pats should get the ball back. I looked at him... really? Everyone that was paying attention was like... really?

10 minutes after the game ended, he was still carrying on about it. Finally, I just said, "I think you are misunderstanding the OT rules. It's over. There's no conspiracy. We didn't cheat." Irony always comes full circle. He busted out his phone and showed me some blurb about the rule, and I actually reached out, put my finger on the screen, and scrolled down just a touch to expose the "with the exception that if a touchdown..." which was the part of the rule proving the Jets won. Right there, in his hands. JJ Abrams couldn't have filmed the scene any better.

I looked up, and said, "oops, there it is, look at that. we won again!"

His wife left. He sat there, never said another word, and sulked like a twat for about an hour. Meanwhile, I made like 5-6 friends in the bar, we drank our asses off, laughed at the Pats expense, and had a great time. When he left, the bartender was hilarious. She dogged on him, and then commented on how the couple of them never tip.

The high road has never felt so good. I didn't lower myself to the depths of a moron Pats fan, I didn't end up with legal trouble (or infections from his girls filthy nails scratching me to help him), and I publicly shamed a Pats fan on a day where my Jets did me proud.

The better fan and team won that day. What a trollishly awesome way to cap off the holiday.

The better team??? Do you honestly believe that? You beat the Pats JV team. If the Pats were at full strength, the game is over at end of first quarter. The Jets are a much improved team this year, but be realistic. Under the context of who the Pats fielded that day, yes on THAT day you had a more talented team. But in 2 weeks when they have everyone back but Lewis..........do you really want to go into Foxboro and play them??? Ya, I didn't think so either.

The better team??? Do you honestly believe that? You beat the Pats JV team. If the Pats were at full strength, the game is over at end of first quarter. The Jets are a much improved team this year, but be realistic. Under the context of who the Pats fielded that day, yes on THAT day you had a more talented team. But in 2 weeks when they have everyone back but Lewis..........do you really want to go into Foxboro and play them??? Ya, I didn't think so either.

wow, ain't that some 1st post. U have a bright future here. 

I stated pretty clearly "on that day". 

Thanks for playing. STFU

He had nothing to say to me until the Jets won the game. You just have to laugh and walk away.

Yes you do. Most fans I have met have been cool, some not. I won't go out of my way to provoke somebody but a lot of Pats fans seem to think they are entitled to refs treating them with deference and when they don't they lose their freaking minds. Go figure. As a Jets fan I expect a bad call (or three) so I am never disappointed.

So, how come when the Pats were healthy earlier in the year, the game wasn't over in the 1st quarter?

Yeah, nice story.  I bet a Jet fan was quiet watching the Jets manhandle the Pats for most of the game.

Best part was hearing the Pats radio call.  Zolack whining that the Jets are acting like they won the SB.  Which you would have thought the Pats did by his Brady to White TD call.  

Starts with the people surrounding the Pats and works its way down to their braindead fanbase

Why were the Jets ahead in the first meeting, in the 4th quarter, in your house?

With more injuries at that time to the Jets than the Pats?  

I found it comical that your brethren started talking crap after the game was over.

Silver lining.

Our brethren = this thread.

Your brethren = this post:

When did Brady and Gronk get demoted to JV?

Guess that "next man up" motto doesn't apply when you lose, then it's the JV team

Plus, if you ever miss the morons....  you have us.

Archived