a Jet fan, a 'phins fan, and a Pats fan walk into a bar...

Integrity28

A twist on the fan rivalry:

I'm at the game with my son (13) and two rows back a Jets fan, who has been a consistent pain in the ass all season, starts shouting at Brady as if Brady can hear him.  Problem is, he's shouting things that would make George Carlin blush.  Things about Giselle performing acts on Brady wearing a certain apparatus, about how Brady does things to pleasure Bellicheck--in graphic detail complete with the happy ending landing in Brady's hair--you get the picture.  Unfortunately there is a family of Pats fans with two young kids sitting in front of me and a Jets family with two young teenage daughters around my son's age in front of them.  By halftime, everyone's uncomfortable, and not enjoying the game.  The vitriol gets more graphic and perverse and loud as the third quarter gets under way.  The Pats have a few good plays and suddenly popcorn comes raining down on the Pats family.  Then the popcorn bucket.  then more vitriol.  My son is in the line of fire.  He looks at me and says, "dad, should we text that number?"  And I answered, "no, we don't do things that way."  Another volley of popcorn comes and that's it!  I spin around and climb a row and scream, "if another kernel of popcorn ******* hits my son I'm gonna snatch you out of your seat and drag you the **** out of this stadium!"  Guy is shocked.  Says he didn't do it.  I tell him to find out who did because I'm holding him responsible.  He says leave him alone--he's here with his dad..."So are those kids who have had to listen to your filthy sh*t all game!  **** you and **** your dad for raising such a piece of sh*t!"  The folks around me are all season ticket holders who've had enough of this guy all year as well.  They hold me back but I've opened the flood gates.  Half a dozen people chime in and shout him down.  Another threatens to harm him if he says another word to the Pats family.  I regain my composure and apologize to my son.  He says, "no dad.  I wasn't scared.  That was good."  And we watched the fourth quarter of the last home game in peace finally after an entire season of this a$$hole.  And if you're the a$$hole and you're on this board, I'm the big dude in the Klecko Jersey who nearly throttled you last Sunday.  Feel free to PM me.

Thank you!!!

Even Pats fans with kids deserve to come to the game and not be assaulted!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes you do. Most fans I have met have been cool, some not. I won't go out of my way to provoke somebody but a lot of Pats fans seem to think they are entitled to refs treating them with deference and when they don't they lose their freaking minds. Go figure. As a Jets fan I expect a bad call (or three) so I am never disappointed.

The good and bad calls even out.

They could call a penalty on every play, but there is a game to play and who wants football to resemble the NBA.

Archived