Steelers fans discuss the chances we lose to Buffalo this Sunday...

papz187

Was reading opposing teams boards for entertainment purposes and came across a Steelers Message Board where they discussed the chances we lose to Buffalo, thus re-opening the door for them to get into the playoffs......they're pissed off to no end on their team blowing a game to the crappy Ravens with everything on the line.....pretty funny stuff!

http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5562&start=60

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

A few samples....

Steelmann58 - " go jets they deserve it they took care of business which this team failed."

SteelSmitty - " But but but...the steelers are the team nobody wants to play...except apparantly the Ravens"

Steelcody36 - " Ben played like a c*nt, and the defense had no heart. You can blame whoever you want because this loss was a team effort. Ben was awful though."

A few samples....

Steelmann58 - " go jets they deserve it they took care of business which this team failed."

SteelSmitty - " But but but...the steelers are the team nobody wants to play...except apparantly the Ravens"

Steelcody36 - " Ben played like a c*nt, and the defense had no heart. You can blame whoever you want because this loss was a team effort. Ben was awful though."

Aren't you happy that those comments aren't about the Jets for once... :)

Aren't you happy that those comments aren't about the Jets for once... :)

Lets make the playoffs first before we start talking sh*t about them.  This team has been playing well recently, but we did still lose to the Bills at home this year. This is Rex's Super Bowl.  And if I recall, the Jets played pretty darn well in December the last couple of years with nothing on the line but pride.  We definitely should beat the Bills, but I'm not going to pretend that I'm not worried about us blowing it...

A few samples....

most people are morons. big ben has delivered how many titles? he has one stinker and the boob wanna be GMs are bus tossing him

A few samples....

Meanwhile, Patriot fans come up with every conspiracy known to man to show how they "really didnt lose the game they lost". 

Atleast Steelers fans can take a loss with some class. 

They were buying into the hype....There was so much media around that team being the best team in the AFC - but then they lose to their arch rivals....

While the Bill's aren't major rivals - they are a division opponent and that is always scary.  Jets need to be ready.

One game does not mean the hype is wrong. When the expectation is perfection you're going to be disappointed every time.

This.

Their comments sound no different than anything said here in similar circumstances.

Yep, that's why we are fans and not front office executives.

They were buying into the hype....There was so much media around that team being the best team in the AFC - but then they lose to their arch rivals....

While the Bill's aren't major rivals - they are a division opponent and that is always scary.  Jets need to be ready.

I think the Rex-Fitz-Chan thing is turning them into major rivals.

Lets make the playoffs first before we start talking sh*t about them.  This team has been playing well recently, but we did still lose to the Bills at home this year. This is Rex's Super Bowl.  And if I recall, the Jets played pretty darn well in December the last couple of years with nothing on the line but pride.  We definitely should beat the Bills, but I'm not going to pretend that I'm not worried about us blowing it...

Ummmmm since I said nothing about the Steelers your post suggesting I was downing anyone is misplaced and inappropriate....

And furthermore....

All I said was that I was happy that those comments weren't about my team..... 

Good Grief!! :)

This is one of the things I like about this matchup. If Rex was still here, the game the Jets played would've been his Super Bowl, and he wouldn't've been done celebrating until Thursday or so. Bowles is so even-keeled, so all business, that he was probably working on his gameplan against the Bills while he was shaking Bill Belichick's hand. 

This game is no gimme, NFL players have a lot of pride, and our division rivals in Buffalo expected to be where the Jets are this Sunday - staring at a playoff berth. Rex or no Rex, those players would love to knock off a division rival and share their misery. 

Very interested to see how this Bills team closes out the season. It's been a huge disappointment there. 

I think they will play hard. I just dont think they are healthy enough to pull it off.

Meanwhile, Patriot fans come up with every conspiracy known to man to show how they "really didnt lose the game they lost". 

Atleast Steelers fans can take a loss with some class. 

Hahaha. I love the whole "Bill gave you guys the game by choosing to kick." If giving up an 80 yard touchdown drive is considered as automatic as an extra point, then maybe. But then you've got way bigger issues to deal with.

This is one of the things I like about this matchup. If Rex was still here, the game the Jets played would've been his Super Bowl, and he wouldn't've been done celebrating until Thursday or so. Bowles is so even-keeled, so all business, that he was probably working on his gameplan against the Bills while he was shaking Bill Belichick's hand. 

This game is no gimme, NFL players have a lot of pride, and our division rivals in Buffalo expected to be where the Jets are this Sunday - staring at a playoff berth. Rex or no Rex, those players would love to knock off a division rival and share their misery. 

Very interested to see how this Bills team closes out the season. It's been a huge disappointment there. 

I am looking forward to some payback after the antics Rex displayed on the sideline after they won on Thursday night at Metlife stadium. That image of Rex jumping up and down on the sideline like he just won his first NFL playoff game is still engraved in my memory.

He who laughs last - laughs best.

You can bet all the Jets players remember too and I expect them to bring the pain to them in Ralph Wilson stadium this Sunday.

If this Jets team is as good - and as special as I feel they are, I expect a very resounding win for the Jets is forthcoming this Sunday.

I am looking forward to some payback after the antics Rex displayed on the sideline after they won on Thursday night at Metlife stadium. That image of Rex jumping up and down on the sideline like he just won his first NFL playoff game is still engraved in my memory.

He who laughs last - laughs best.

You can bet all the Jets players remember too and I expect them to bring the pain to them in Ralph Wilson stadium this Sunday.

If this Jets team is as good and as special as I feel they are, I expect a very resounding win for the Jets is forthcoming this Sunday.

If he holds true to form Rex won't change his game plan. We never played the Patriots close two games in a row while he was here because he never changed his game plan after having it work well. 

Not looking for payback.  If we have become professional and a well coached team, this should mostly be about beating a team that has been struggling in an effort to get into the playoffs.

Sure this is like an early play-off game; win and you are in, loose and go home, but hopefully that jets are focusing on beating a team in an effort to move forward.  A grudge match (for both players and fans) is a way of saying, 'see - we were right to fire Rex'; where I sit, it was a good decision to clean house and the Jets are now better off.  No ill will towards Rex at all. He may be holding on to upsetting the Jets season, but if we really have moved on as a team, he has no hold on us. I just want to beat a division rival so we can go to the playoffs. The last time we played them, they won.  I think we are a better team now and I will be rooting for a win to continue a great season.

Heard on the Robin Lundberg show this morning that ProFootballFocus gives us a 52% chance of losing outright. I couldn't find anything to verify that, but if true, wow...

All the sites that base their analysis purely on metrics have the Jets rated as a very mediocre team because of our strength of schedule. Fivethirtyeight.com (some of the best statisticians in the world) have us with only a 46% chance of winning in Buffalo (if we were at home it would probably be about the same in our favor -- they see us and the Bills as pretty much equal). Vegas, however, is a better barometer in this case, and they have us a 3 - 4 point favorites.

Ummmmm since I said nothing about the Steelers your post suggesting I was downing anyone is misplaced and inappropriate....

And furthermore....

All I said was that I was happy that those comments weren't about my team..... 

Good Grief!! :)

Sorry.  I just happened to reply to your post.  No offense to you was intended.

Archived