Fitzmagic Speaks

Maxman

If that's true, they'll dump him. We don't if that's true, though. Really haven't heard a word about Geno -good or bad- in a long time. Don't recall any reactions after Fitzpatrick got hurt but he stayed on the bench, and that's where we really would've heard something, I'd think. That had to be disappointing. 

I think for him next year, it comes down a lot to how they feel about Petty. If they like the Petty project, but want to keep hm off the field for another year, Geno makes sense as the backup to Fitz. He's experienced, inexpensive, and knows the system and team. Dumping him for a more expensive experienced veteran who'd have to learn this system doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless, of course, he is that cancer in the locker room. The Jets have enough cap issues next year without throwing another million or two at the backup QB position. 

If they're not nearly sold on Petty as the QB of the future, then they probably draft another QB higher than the fourth round, and Geno is gone. 

Another way Geno is gone is if he asks to be traded or released, which is another real possibility. After the locker room's reaction to his getting his face broken, maybe that's not where he wants to go to work everyday. 

I'd probably put it around 60-40 that he's gone, but it's no done deal, IMO. 

Being in the system and knowing it are different things. Not sure Geno is capable of knowing anything as complex as an NFL offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever.  You nowhere near smart enough to bait anyone.  Nice attempt at spinning this.

It's almost game time I think I speak for everyone when I say can we please stop talking about Geno for a couple hours???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived