kelly

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, kelly said:

Adam Caplan: Jets Have Set Themselves Up for Success

SiriusXM NFL Radio Host Talks Jets Draft with Senior Reporter Eric Allen

video..

It's amazing to me how everyone can see what the Jets regime is building except the folks who call themselves fans of the team . Here you have 1 of the younger teams in the league with tons of cap space and no ridiculous contracts at non essential positions .  This team exceeded expectations offensively last year when the same miserable fans were telling us the offensive would be lucky to score 10 points per game . 

A wise person once told me "you have to see a thing before you see the thing or you never will see the thing " .  Jets fans can't see anything because they continue to look at every situation with eye glasses cover with 40 years of dirt . 

On 4/9/2018 at 7:55 PM, Jetscreen said:

IMO, this is a very fair analysis of the front office. I cannot for the life of me see why so many posters still protect him like you're insulting their girlfriend when you dump on the front office.

Because if the GM sucks, we have no reason to have optimism.  Especially since the owner that hired him sucks too.

Rather than face those simple truths, and acknowledge that we as fans have no reason to have much faith in this organization, some fans choose to just say "No, you gotta give him a chance!"  It's a defense mechanism. 

Rich Cimini     ESPN Staff Writer 

The way things worked out, you could say the Jets traded up for the No. 1 pick in the draft even though they picked at No. 3. Play along with me here. If they had traded up to No. 1 last month — they did reach out to the Browns —who would they have picked? Probably Sam Darnold. As it turned out, they only had to go up to No. 3. It cost them three second-round picks. It seemed pricey at the time, but now? Not so much.

>        http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

Rich Cimini  ESPN Staff Writer 

When will Sam Darnold be ready to start? Todd Bowles said there's "no timetable." The sooner he plays, the better — as long as he's ready. Said Bowles: "We're not going to throw him out there. But at the same time, we're not going to hold him back." Teddy Bridgewater could be the odd-man out. If he's not the No. 1 or No. 2, what's the point in keeping him? He's trade bait.

>   http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

Rich Cimin   ESPN Staff Writer 

The way things worked out, you could say the Jets traded up for the No. 1 pick in the draft even though they picked at No. 3. Play along with me here. If they had traded up to No. 1 last month — they did reach out to the Browns —who would they have picked? Probably Sam Darnold. As it turned out, they only had to go up to No. 3. It cost them three second-round picks. It seemed pricey at the time, but now? Not so much.

Archived