Not looking good for Powell

drsamuel84

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ridley sucks.  Cut once the season ends for us.  Please, Bilal, get well and play on Sunday.

Ridley was coming off a major knee injury this season and after a long recovery is finally starting to show some explosiveness. I thought he played well last week and expect him to have a good game Sunday. Lets see what he can do now that hes finally looking healthy before we bury him.

Enunwa will get a few more looks if Powell is out. Ridley has bad hands and Ivory is careless with the football lately. We need to rest Powell to ensure his health in the playoffs

This is really driving me nuts.  The broadcasters keep pointing out that he rarely fumbles, but the eye test tells me he puts the ball on the ground at least once a week.

Ridley has lost all explosiveness. Don't trust him at all. We should've signed Vereen I say it every time Ridleys name comes up. Oh well, hopefully Powell will play. 

Isn't this year 1 after a major knee injury?  I am wondering if he might look different next year with another year to fully heal.  JMO, but I think he is at least worth bringing back to camp next year to see if he regains any of that explosiveness.  Wouldn't think anyone would sign him for much more than vet min for next year so low risk.  if he still doesn't have it, cut him before the season.

Bilal Powell (ankle) is questionable for Week 17 against the Bills, but he's not expected to play.

He hasn't practiced at all this week, and the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta calls Powell a "long shot" to play against the Bills. If he misses, Chris Ivory will get most of the reps, while the Jets lean on their passing game.

Bilal Powell (ankle) is questionable for Week 17 against the Bills, but he's not expected to play.

He hasn't practiced at all this week, and the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta calls Powell a "long shot" to play against the Bills. If he misses, Chris Ivory will get most of the reps, while the Jets lean on their passing game.

That's not good. He has been an integral part of the offense recently. We lose speed without him in there, with nothing to replace it. Didn't play in the first matchup either. I thought he would really make a difference in this game. 

It's time for our bell cow back to prove his worth. The production of this guy had dropped significantly and it's time to feed the beast in the cold wind and possibly snow. We need to grind it out and Ivory is the back for the occasion.

agreed. There is a reason for his dropoff though. Watching the game 5epkay from last week I saw him clutch his right knee and limp off a few times. Seems like it's nagged him for a few weeks. 

For everyone $hitting on Ridley and how "he sucks," well, we have NO ONE ELSE so he HAS to step up and I believe he will. I may be wrong, but he had a strong game and FINALLY showed some quickness, and MORE importantly, you saw how he could juke and cut HARD laterally which netted him a few more yards. Maybe there was a little extra spark because he was facing his former employer, but he showed flashes. This game let him get the reps and CONFIDENCE to make cuts off that rehabbed knee to let Powell rest. 

Bills have a stout Run D, previous poster stated that it should come down to passing game for the win this Sunday, and I concur. Bills have a DEPLETED secondary unit COACHED by Dennis Thurman, Chan Chan should FEAST all day and work Thompkins and Enunwa so ALL depth SKILL players get reps/rotate and gain CONFIDENCE going forward. Injury will happen, we need ALL HANDS on DECK now that it's JANUARY FOOTBALL FOR THE JETS. 

First thing first: Beat Buffalo. 

Archived