Maxman

FitzMagic Shirts for $13.50

Rate this topic

I think I understand. But can you do a deeper dive here with more examples so I can make sure I have it right?

Sure, I've been marinating on this one for a few years actually. I think there is a noticeable lack in the throwback apparel department for Jets fans. Most of the stuff is always Namath, and maybe if you're lucky there's a Klecko or Toon jersey available. Chrebet too. But even those are usually just in the form of $2-300 jerseys. Not everyone wants to spend that every time they want to give a shoutout to days past. And this isn't meant to be offensive to the older gents at all, but honestly the majority of us under the age of 45 don't give enough of a sh*t about Joe Namath to buy his jersey or anything with him on it. We never saw him play. The connection isn't there.

A large percentage of us grew up in the 80s and 90s, and there are other players that we grew up loving too that never seem to be on anything. Victor Green, Mawae, Aaron Glenn, CuMart, hell, even guys like Richie Anderson and Mo Lewis, and OF COURSE Vinny, and Kenny O. I'm not talking about jerseys all the time, even though those would be nice, I'm talking about some basic throwback shirts. Think about it, do you think a Zac Stacy shirt is going to move more units with Jets fans than a Vinny t-shirt? No way. I'd buy one. I think a lot of people on this board would too.

Sure, I've been marinating on this one for a few years actually. I think there is a noticeable lack in the throwback apparel department for Jets fans. Most of the stuff is always Namath, and maybe if you're lucky there's a Klecko or Toon jersey available. Chrebet too. But even those are usually just in the form of $2-300 jerseys. Not everyone wants to spend that every time they want to give a shoutout to days past. And this isn't meant to be offensive to the older gents at all, but honestly the majority of us under the age of 45 don't give enough of a sh*t about Joe Namath to buy his jersey or anything with him on it. We never saw him play. The connection isn't there.

A large percentage of us grew up in the 80s and 90s, and there are other players that we grew up loving too that never seem to be on anything. Victor Green, Mawae, Aaron Glenn, CuMart, hell, even guys like Richie Anderson and Mo Lewis, and OF COURSE Vinny, and Kenny O. I'm not talking about jerseys all the time, even though those would be nice, I'm talking about some basic throwback shirts. Think about it, do you think a Zac Stacy shirt is going to move more units with Jets fans than a Vinny t-shirt? No way. I'd buy one. I think a lot of people on this board would too.

I totally agree and my one Jet jersey with a players name is Namath I bought in the late 60's.. All my other one's are Savage number 69 so I don't care who comes or goes I support the team..LOL

I totally agree and my one Jet jersey with a players name is Namath I bought in the late 60's.. All my other one's are Savage number 69 so I don't care who comes or goes I support the team..LOL

I agree on the Namath jersey can never go wrong with it I also like my Chrebet and my Revis Ive been looking for a #32 Boozer as well for the player and for well you know. 

Just checked and saw that we sold a bunch of these shirts. Thanks for the support. We make 10%, so $1.35 on each one. But it is really cool to see so many sell in one day. Pretty awesome and thanks!

When I first saw this I didn't realize it was necro'd.   I knew who Fitzmagic was but I actually forgot his real name for several minutes.  I had to search on the internet for it.

Combination of age catching up and the fervent desire to turn the page as swiftly as possible.

On 1/1/2016 at 11:31 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Just a thought Max, but why not get them going on some more nostalgia stuff? The only throwback shirt they have is Chrebet. Guarantee you that stuff would sell great.

They have a Hackenberg shirt, that's premium nostalgia material right there. The thinking fan's 'throwback' shirt.