Unusually and Exceptionally Nervous

JohnnyLV

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After last week we shouldn't be worried about a 7-8 team as we showed we don't quit.  But, the Steelers, needing the win, lost to a worse division rival for the second time; Until the Jets win these games and win them easily, I think those of us who got burned over the years still have to fight back the SOJ mentality. Stupidly, I am more worried about his game than the Pats game; maybe because I thought the Steelers weren't going to loose so it didn't matter.  It is a bit ridiculous, but this is where some fans are.  Hopefully, we cream them and get the other monkey off our backs.

Go Jets.

If the Jets miraculously make it to Foxboro, they won't be playing the Pats JV squad like the last game.

Big talk dude :-)

Think what a great game that could be if the Pats are playing at full strength and the Jets make a deep playoff run and are playing with confidence - this is what rivalries are all about.

Think what a great game that could be if the Pats are playing at full strength and the Jets make a deep playoff run and are playing with confidence - this is what rivalries are all about.

Jets were up late in the first game as well and Fitz put up almost the same exact numbers...so much for the JV squad BS excuse...

I want the pats*.  they look like a one and done team to me

I hear ya but you gotta figure in the bugged locker room, the part-time room service Patriot plants at the team hotel that snap iphone pics of playbooks left in the room, the rigged game clock and fugazzi clock keeper(s), Bob Krafthole's wallet-fluffed refs, the Salem witches, plus the rotted-grave satanic soil that everything Pats-related exists on.

To get into the playoffs, we need 6 straight wins and an improbable Pittsburgh loss. We've won 5 straight, including completing a sweep of the Fins and thrillers over both the Giants and Patriots, and we got maybe the most improbable Pittsburgh loss of all. The only thing standing in our way now is a depleted Bills team coached by the Honky Tonk Man. In short, every supernatural force in existence is aligning for us to lose this game 16-13, and any Jets fan who claims to be anything other than scared sh*tless right now is a liar.

I understand the trepidation, however there's 2 things working in favor of us completing "the run";

1 - Bowles doesn't give a sh*t about SOJ frivolity. If he was anymore grounded, he'd be a mole-man

2 - Teams lose games like this because they often overlook the opponent - or in some cases - emotionally plateau and run out of gas...  I don't get the impression we're at risk of either happening. They're focused, and loaded with premium. 

Just a dose of reality, even with the Jets beating the Pats JV squad last week, the Jets are 2-8 versus the Pats in the last 10 games.

That's as one-sided a rivalry as you can possibly get.

You should be more concerned about the Bills game tomorrow and not the Pats.

Just a dose of reality, even with the Jets beating the Pats JV squad last week, the Jets are 2-8 versus the Pats in the last 10 games.

Jets know they can play with the Pats...Fitz has 5 TD's and 0 INT's against them along with close to 600 yards and had his team on the verge of victory even against the Varsity squad. 

During my drive up to Buffalo this morning, I hit (and presumably killed) a deer, narrowly missed slamming in to the median before I regained control of the car and pressed on before getting a speeding ticket an hour later.

As I was waiting for the trooper to come back and present me with my citation, I couldn't help but think what a fantastic time the six-hour drive home will be like if the Jets lose tomorrow.  

During my drive up to Buffalo this morning, I hit (and presumably killed) a deer, narrowly missed slamming in to the median before I regained control of the car and pressed on before getting a speeding ticket an hour later.

As I was waiting for the trooper to come back and present me with my citation, I couldn't help but think what a fantastic time the six-hour drive home will be like if the Jets lose tomorrow.  

Any pics of the car? 

1964-lincoln-continental-animal-house.jp

If the Jets miraculously make it to Foxboro, they won't be playing the Pats JV squad like the last game.

That's right.  The last playoff game in Foxboro was not against the Patriots JV team either.  How did that one work out for you guys?

Wow. Lucky deer. I know a guy who hit one with his F150, same scenario but from the opposite side. The head landed on his wife's lap, the rest in the truck's bed.

Nice Buck. Anyone get a count on those points. I came up with 10 pt. Buck.

Everyone agree with that? 

I hear ya but you gotta figure in the bugged locker room, the part-time room service Patriot plants at the team hotel that snap iphone pics of playbooks left in the room, the rigged game clock and fugazzi clock keeper(s), Bob Krafthole's wallet-fluffed refs, the Salem witches, plus the rotted-grave satanic soil that everything Pats-related exists on.

rex beat them on the road in the playoffs with sanchez

they can do this

It's not unusual to be nervous. It;s just a shame that the perception of a season comes down to one game. 10 wins usually represents a good season, but the scenario and the atmosphere has negated this. 

I think the Jets have had a really good season, but no one will be thinking about that if they lose tomorrow. It will be back to SOJ land, in a year where they have taken down past taboos and broken team records.

Thank God you weren't hurt or killed......

I am, but let's be real, there is a different FO, HC, OC, DC, and a good chunk of players.  Past experience is not necessarily an indication of future results.  The way I see it, we are 1-1 and a matchup, if it happens, would be great for the rivalry.

Didn't think you were so sensitive to a little ribbing.  Assuming we beat the bills and make it far enough, I think we have a fair chance, better than many.  Hopefully we get the ball again in OT again.

I am, but let's be real, there is a different FO, HC, OC, DC, and a good chunk of players.  Past experience is not necessarily an indication of future results.  The way I see it, we are 1-1 and a matchup, if it happens, would be great for the rivalry.

Didn't think you were so sensitive to a little ribbing.  Assuming we beat the bills and make it far enough, I think we have a fair chance, better than many.  Hopefully we get the ball again in OT again.

I think we're all nervous but if we play clean football...I really feel we win big...One of the most important factors is McCoy and I think he's out...as poorly as we played the bills the first time, had he not played, we win that game....

Don't let Pats fans fool you. If the Jets end up going to Gillette, Pats fans will be nervously twitching in their seats! Ivory has played two sh*tty games vs the Pats & they know damn well he could go beastly for one game. Jets get that from Ivory & Marshall, Decker, Enunwa are wide open on playaction. Plus the Pats are razor thin on their Oline, anyone goes down tomorrow or the 1st playoff game & theirs no one left but flotsam.

Archived