SALARY CAP dept. : which players will be dumped in Jets' salary-cap casualty bin ? ? ?

kelly

@RichCimini #jetsmail Biggest salary cap casualties this coming off-season?

D'Brick's contract is kinda crazy, though dumping his contract would be great, we just cant dump him. Hopefully he restructures because we have no one at LT that could replace him and the two LT's that I like will most likely be off the board the 6th pick in the draft. 

Cro's contract can be dumped. Marcus Williams has earned that #2 spot. 

I'm hoping they draft a developmental LT in the first this year- put him at RG next season.  Restructure Brick down to $10 mill a year next season fully guaranteed and team option for similar money in 2017 with less guarantees.

Mangold I'm hoping resigns for about $5-6 mill/ur for 2 more years.

Cro's a goner.

Giaco's salary is reasonable

Really, Dick?!

You just had to release this article the day before our biggest game in 5 years?

You exemplify a Beat Writer who has zero interest in the team they cover and are always trying to undermine the lockerroom and create friction among the players and team.

Please just go away and choose some other fan base to torture!!

I'm hoping they draft a developmental LT in the first this year- put him at RG next season.  Restructure Brick down to $10 mill a year next season fully guaranteed and team option for similar money in 2017 with less guarantees.

Mangold I'm hoping resigns for about $5-6 mill/ur for 2 more years.

Cro's a goner.

Giaco's salary is reasonable

Take an LT and put him at RG?! What? I bet you meant RT. Right?

Breno has been the worst lineman on the team by a mile. Cut him and draft his replacement. The dude is terrible. 

D'Brick's contract is kinda crazy, though dumping his contract would be great, we just cant dump him. Hopefully he restructures because we have no one at LT that could replace him and the two LT's that I like will most likely be off the board the 6th pick in the draft. 

Cro's contract can be dumped. Marcus Williams has earned that #2 spot. 

D'Brick may retire 'cause he's so troubled by the "Concussion" Movie! lol

Breno has been the worst lineman on the team by a mile. Cut him and draft his replacement. The dude is terrible. 

Nope, I meant G. It's not uncommon as interiorly you get more help, not on an island, as you get up to nfl speed and get pro strength training.  See- Scherff (Skins plan to move him outside eventually), Flowers (until injuries to the Giants o line), Brandon Albert, Erik Fischer.

Nope, I meant G. It's not uncommon as interiorly you get more help, not on an island, as you get up to nfl speed and get pro strength training.  See- Scherff (Skins plan to move him outside eventually), Flowers (until injuries to the Giants o line), Brandon Albert, Erik Fischer.

The Jets need more help at RT than they do at guard. 

kerley for sure

I don't think cro is as obvious now as it seemed in week 4.  maybe a restructure job for him

Cro is not making 8 million and they aren't restructuring any guaranteed money to a bottom of the barrel starting CB. That would be foolish with having to sign Fitz, Wilk, Powell, etc.  

Kelly is a regular poster here most times I don't read her long posts.

Posting something like this on the eve of 1 of our most important games in franchise history is unnecessary and uncalled for,

TEAM includes everyone tomorrow no contracts no differences play as a TEAM get the win worry about off season stuff off season, 

Cro is not making 8 million and they aren't restructuring any guaranteed money to a bottom of the barrel starting CB. That would be foolish with having to sign Fitz, Wilk, Powell, etc.  

This is Macs first test as a GM. When faced with having to re-sign or replace players of this magnitude both Tanny and Idzick failed the test. Mac had a lot of cap space and I believe did a good job with it.Good luck Mac keeping up with putting a productive team on the field.

his HC loves him and I think he wants to be here.  I think they work something out

I take issue with Cimini.... always trying to crash the Jets fan's party.

Kelley's a mixed up Dude, who likes everyone to think he's a chick.

No hot babe spends 20 hrs/day searching the internet for Jets stories to post.

He's like us.... middle aged Jets Fanatic!!

Kelly is a regular poster here most times I don't read her long posts.

Posting something like this on the eve of 1 of our most important games in franchise history is unnecessary and uncalled for,

TEAM includes everyone tomorrow no contracts no differences play as a TEAM get the win worry about off season stuff off season, 

I take issue with Cimini.... always trying to crash the Jets fan's party.

Kelley's a mixed up Dude, who likes everyone to think he's a chick.

No hot babe spends 20 hrs/day searching the internet for Jets stories to post.

He's like us.... middle aged Jets Fanatic!!

Kelly? :unsure:

654c688099b2bc7db4009e22358e77ea.jpg

Cros a goner @ 8 million, would have to be 3 mill to stay. Name me one team that gives Cro over 3 million next year. Kerleys gone, not only because he's overpaid but he's just not a fit for this team when Chan puts Decker or Marshall in the slot. Breno G is a walking dead man, overpriced at over 5 million, bad pass blocker, and a flag machine. Jets will draft a stud LT & work him at RT until Dbrick is done. No way in hell Dbrick is seeing 14 million! Jets will sign a cheaper younger player for 10-12 if they have too. I'm gonna look to see what FAs are available ( still would be cheaper than Brick), that 14 million at the end was a carrot that will never be eaten. I also think Ivory is a goner, he's really had a sh*tty year when looked at in totality. 

What will be nice with this team is guys , like in Arizona, might take pay cuts to play with this team. Just think of guys like Matt forte on our team next year. 

Just guessing since Bowles runs a tight ship. Former player. And did big things his first year just like Bruce Arians. My wish is we can be modeled after that team. Journeyman qb playing well late in career. Respected HC. Good upper management. Far from the laughing stock and headcase team (although very fun those years) that we once were 

Cro will likely restructure to stay - if they want him, which I think they do.

They will likely restructure Brick as everyone including Brick's agent knew when the deal was signed that he wouldn't get that last year.  It is something they put in the contract to make it look bigger.

Since Macc will likely go BPA (even if we draft at the bottom of the 1st round as I hope we do with a win Sunday), so he will not release Breno or anyone else that doesn't have a big signing bonus until after the FA period and draft to make sure their spot is filled before releasing. He will start drafting for need in the 2nd round.

Milliner is likely here at the beginning of next year if we cannot trade him.

Ivory although playing well (when not hurt) is likely gone as he is getting older, his running style is hard to maintain as he takes a punishment, and will likely want a bigger pay day.

I can see Pace being let go as well - if we can find a replacement; he is still playing well, but he is old and likely to decline soon.

Most likely either Mo or Sheldon will be gone as well.  Hopefully we get good value and in turn a good player.

Plus I don't care what they decide to add. After this season they earned some benefit of the doubt. And some they know better then us   As far as I'm concerned. At least for a year. 

I agree, but I said that after the year1 and year2 of the Mike/Rex show.  I would be pretty happy if we beat the Bills and make it to the AFC championship game again this year.

It is funny, the SOJ part of me is worried about the Bills, but the wow, everything seems to be lining up for this team is excited about the post season.

One game at a time I guess.

Its done all the time.

And Breno isn't terrible.  Is there any player you cant just say can be improved on? 

Jonathan Ogden did it his rookie year too I believe, and that guy I'd argue is the best left tackle in 20 years.

OL could be a 3 year project to provide a good level of continuity. Replace one player at a time. The Jets have had about 17 years of Pro Bowl or maybe even HOF play at Center. Start at RT. Then LT. Then C. 

Cro may very well be gone. Milliner will stay as he is a CB. He does have talent. His injuries are plentiful though. They still need to draft a CB to be safe.

RB needs an upgrade. Need to keep Powell. Need a speedy RB in the draft. I think Ivory is done here. May even draft 2 RB's.

WR is another draft need. Marshall and Decker are peaking. Owusu is done. Enunwa is a keeper as he is developing. Tompkins is a keeper also. Smith is an unknown still and injured. 

TE is a gaping wound. The passing rule changes and Chan have covered that hole very well.

Breno is the worst player on our offensive line. That's not up for debate. That's truth. 

someone has to be the worst on any line.  

Thats a lot different than he's terrible, sucks, etc.  especially a OL as good as this one. 

someone has to be the worst on any line.  

Thats a lot different than he's terrible, sucks, etc.  especially a OL as good as this one. 

The OLine is solid. Not good. Not great. Breno sucks. Just look at any measurable statistic for him. He's below average. Easily replaced for his salary. 

The OLine is solid. Not good. Not great. Breno sucks. Just look at any measurable statistic for him. He's below average. Easily replaced for his salary. 

one of the top rushing teams with just about the fewest sacks in the NFL.  They're better than less than good.

you go too far criticizing the line, Breno and others

The only thing any of us should be thinking about right now is tomorrow and beating the Buffalo Bills!

oh, because I can't read this and concentrate on tomorrow.

and the Jets can't win if we're reading and discussing the cap. 

one of the top rushing teams with just about the fewest sacks in the NFL.  They're better than less than good.

you go too far criticizing the line, Breno and others

If only sacks was the end all be all of stats. It's not. If you're basing this on stats and rushing statistics, well then I can't help you. 

Cro will likely restructure to stay - if they want him, which I think they do.

They will likely restructure Brick as everyone including Brick's agent knew when the deal was signed that he wouldn't get that last year.  It is something they put in the contract to make it look bigger.

Since Macc will likely go BPA (even if we draft at the bottom of the 1st round as I hope we do with a win Sunday), so he will not release Breno or anyone else that doesn't have a big signing bonus until after the FA period and draft to make sure their spot is filled before releasing. He will start drafting for need in the 2nd round.

Milliner is likely here at the beginning of next year if we cannot trade him.

Ivory although playing well (when not hurt) is likely gone as he is getting older, his running style is hard to maintain as he takes a punishment, and will likely want a bigger pay day.

I can see Pace being let go as well - if we can find a replacement; he is still playing well, but he is old and likely to decline soon.

Most likely either Mo or Sheldon will be gone as well.  Hopefully we get good value and in turn a good player.

Agree on pretty much all of this.

Unless he's replaced with another veteran, I don't even think they release Breno right after the draft. At that point the main FAs are gone anyway so what's the hurry? He doesn't have any guarantees that kick in until/unless he makes the opening day roster. The rookie - I'm assuming they draft a RT prospect at a minimum - should show something first. As much of an upgrade as we'd want at RT, we can equally ill-afford an instant downgrade for a slow developing prospect's rookie season (or another outright bust like Ducasse).

Milliner I figure they have to find someone who wants him. Bowles won't let him near the field on defense unless he's got literally no other option left.

Ivory it's hard to say. As much as we wouldn't want to back up the Brinks truck to bring him back I'm sure most other teams feel the same way. Point being even though he understandably wants the biggest payday he can get, he ultimately might not be so pricey.  

Pace is done. I like him plenty but he's just too slow now.

The Mo/Sheldon thing will be the most interesting of all. Hard to imagine keeping both again. Not with what it would cost to retain Mo. On the other hand I don't know that all of Sheldon's troubles are water under the bridge with the league, but either way, we can't force-feed him at LB again next year just to find some way of getting him on the field while the other 2 are healthy. If Coples was a misfit at OLB at 6'6/280 lbs (often lighter), what does that make the much shorter, much heavier Richardson? Not to mention one has to figure we pick up a true OLB not plan on going with a DT out there again.

If only sacks was the end all be all of stats. It's not. If you're basing this on stats and rushing statistics, well then I can't help you. 

Theres no help to address.  If you run block and pass protect youre doing the job of an offensive line.  You can tell me you cant help me, that would be because there is no help needed.  The idea that leading the league in rushing or pass protection means nothing means one thing.

Thats you feel like arguing for the sake of arguing.  Thats the only purpose of an OL.  

And of course nowhere near your usual over the top theyre not good review.

Archived