### Jets \ Bills --- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to go ballistic on this. The Bills are an 8-8 team and maybe better than that. But the thing is the Jets are just not good enough to expect them to win six in a row. You know they will make mistakes somewhere down the road, enough to negate a great opportunity like they had today. They just weren't up to it. 

Not too surprised at the results to be honest.  We don't match  up well vs the Bills in some areas. 

Fitz had a poor game but a few key drops killed us.

I know that the offense and QB will get all the blame in this game but it was the same thing that killed us in each loss this year.  The other team had two dangerous players. a running qb and a really good wr.  And the all world defense let the wr go wild and let the qb run at the worst times.  Special teams as usual were a disgrace.  No return game, missed fg, 36 yard avg by the awful awful awful punter.,

I just hope mac and bowles see what i am seeing as far as big holes on this team. 

Overall a very fun season that ended badly,  Had more fun and excitement this year than in past 5 at least.

The good thing is that for the next 6 months we can face the utter morons that will be felating rex ryan and dumping on the QB.

Awful. Better than an ACL I guess, depending on how bad the break is. Probably not that bad if they were even trying to have him put weight on it.

But right before a huge contract or a huge franchise tag? Brutal.

Bad for him but maybe good for the franchise.

It's the start like at home killed us. Playing from behind all day was a Killer. It was a mirror image of the First game. It's sooner of gone up by one instead of forcing the end zone pick.

Perhaps one of the top 3 gut renching finishes to a season. Since the Fins will be much better next year.

It's the start like at home killed us. Playing from behind all day was a Killer. It was a mirror image of the First game. It's sooner of gone up by one instead of forcing the end zone pick.

Perhaps one of the top 3 gut renching finishes to a season. Since the Fins will be much better next year.

the Dolphins won't be much better.  They are stuck with tannehill.   That means they have qb mediocrity like we do 

Bad for him but maybe good for the franchise.

Purely from a cap management perspective, this illustrates why you don't lock up a guy 1-2 years before you have to. In case things like this happen.

What horrible timing. Last half of the last game before becoming a UFA for the first time, after a career year.

Very disappointed in the D....but when you also have Ridley as your feature Back....and you have a very windy day to limit your passing game........  who can be surprised at the outcome?

50/50 game that went to the home team.  I thought the D was going to have win this.  They failed.  

sucks.....but not surprised in the least. 

Disaster of a game by Gailey.  He got out coached (boned) all day.

I missed Bowles' post game.  Anybody ask him why Ridley, not Ivory, was the featured back?

Really?

I saw a team lose because of execution.

The defensive front-7 couldn't get pressure on Tyrod. The secondary, specficially Revis, couldn't stop 3rd down passing at all. They allowed a 2-man offense to stay on the field and drive the ball for several 5+ minute drives. 

The offense - namely the WRs - couldn't make catches on balls that hit them in the hands. Especially early in the game, but again it haunted them late too. The QB threw 2 interceptions right at defenders, threw a few others that weren't intercepted, and only one of his INTs could be excused because his left tackle absolutely gave a stand there and watch effort in protecting him.

Special teams went back to feeding our opponent points... a 21 yard punt.... I would have cut him at halftime.

I think the thing I'm least concerned about was the offensive playcalling. I'm more concerned with the overall gameplan, and the readiness of the players to come into today's game and claim their spot in the playoffs. Having no help for Revis all game long, even after making halftime adjustments, is inexcusable. Having no alternative to Powell in the run/pass game is also inexcusable. 

Revis used to remove the top WR, today we were killed by a team with only 1 relevant receiving threat.

Powell, I'm told often here, is a Jag. Yet, when you remove him from the offense, it sucks. 

Losing to Rex under these circumstances, given his team's limitations, what was on the line... just awful. 

Gailey was too stubborn to run in the wind, leaving us with third and long all game. I know Ridley is JAG but even three yards a carry puts you in third and 5or 6.  He fell in love with his scheme and refused to adjust for the weather. Really pissed me off today. 

But they chose the 'weather' in the wrong times..If you lose the coin toss, why do you take the ball into the wind and play into Rex's hand?  And if you trust your D, why do you take the wind in the 3rd qtr?  It was obvious that something was wrong with Ivory from the start and you needed to establish the passing game...so WHY play into the wind to START?  There are so many fails here, hope McCagnan and Bowles recognize where they occurred.  They should re-sign Fitz for a team friendly deal if available as he would be a GREAT back up if they think Petty is ready to take the next step and start.  And while Fitz wasn't great, he's not solely the reason this game was lost...special teams, the drops by the WR, the D that couldn't contain Watkins and the CS's decisions regarding direction of play played a part.

Disaster of a game by Gailey.  He got out coached (boned) all day.

I missed Bowles' post game.  Anybody ask him why Ridley, not Ivory, was the featured back?

Be fair, if you're going to ridicule personell moves ask him why we never doubled Watkins. Offense wasn't on the field enough to earn that.

Really?

The defensive front-7 couldn't get pressure on Tyrod. The secondary, specficially Revis, couldn't stop 3rd down passing at all. They allowed a 2-man offense to stay on the field and drive the ball for several 5+ minute drives. 

The offense - namely the WRs - couldn't make catches on balls that hit them in the hands. Especially early in the game, but again it haunted them late too. The QB threw 2 interceptions right at defenders, threw a few others that weren't intercepted, and only one of his INTs could be excused because his left tackle absolutely gave a stand there and watch effort in protecting him.

Special teams went back to feeding our opponent points... a 21 yard punt.... I would have cut him at halftime.

I think the thing I'm least concerned about was the offensive playcalling. I'm more concerned with the overall gameplan, and the readiness of the players to come into today's game and claim their spot in the playoffs. Having no help for Revis all game long, even after making halftime adjustments, is inexcusable. Having no alternative to Powell in the run/pass game is also inexcusable. 

Revis used to remove the top WR, today we were killed by a team with only 1 relevant receiving threat.

Powell, I'm told often here, is a Jag. Yet, when you remove him from the offense, it sucks. 

Losing to Rex under these circumstances, given his team's limitations, what was on the line... just awful. 

Great analysis.  I get your point.  I'm just pissed.

Totally right.  Watkins was unstoppable today.

Revis played so far of him I'm surprised he didn't have 500 yards receiving.  It was like taking candy from a baby.  Revis was terrified he would get by him and have him way too much cushion. 

We've seen a ton of these games over the years.  Weird, but I felt really confident about a win today.  I will not watch Rex' post game for fear of breaking stuff.  I hate it that the moron beat us today.

Ray Lewis is breaking stuff in SNY studio for all of us.

Revis played so far of him I'm surprised he didn't have 500 yards receiving.  It was like taking candy from a baby.  Revis was terrified he would get by him and have him way too much cushion. 

Safties and LBs deserve some of the blame, too.  How many balls did Watkins catch over the middle?  Definitely a bunch.

We've seen a ton of these games over the years.  Weird, but I felt really confident about a win today.  I will not watch Rex' post game for fear of breaking stuff.  I hate it that the moron beat us today.

You mean the moron that beat us twice?? :)

Safties and LBs deserve some of the blame, too.  How many balls did Watkins catch over the middle?  Definitely a bunch.

I blame this loss on Bowles for not containing Watkins. They had no other options besides Watkins. Woods, Clay and McCoy didn't even play - just pathetic defense all day long.  revis should give back half that contract money. He was used and abused.

Really?

Thank you.  

Jets fan are a little silly at times.  This Jets team offensively was historically great this year!!!

Let me repeat that, the Jets offense was historically great this year!!!

Chan was indeed a fantastic OC this year. 

People are blaming the offense!!!

Come on guys. 

This was a team loss!  I know that playing meaningful football week 17 was more than most expected, but we got there.  We the fans just deserved to see the same team that got us there play in this game. This was a very different team from what we have seen the past 5 weeks. That's what hurts so much!  If they beat our best effort you hold your head high, but we lost solely because our team didn't show up, not one player or coach!  I usually have very good life perspective after these types of Jet fails, but this one will sting for a while.  I'm gong to get wasted and yell at people.  There's always next year.  

Archived