### Jets \ Bills --- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

Losing to Rex under these circumstances, given his team's limitations, what was on the line... just awful. 

Beyond awful.  Bowles showed he is just a rookie head coach.  He let Rex ****in Ryan outcoach him today with 3 of his offensive stars out.  Just flat out embarrassing.  This game has really opened Pandora's box.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you.  

Jets fan are a little silly at times.  This Jets team offensively was historically great this year!!!

Let me repeat that, the Jets offense was historically great this year!!!

Chan was indeed a fantastic OC this year. 

People are blaming the offense!!!

Come on guys. 

Historically great? LOL this is a passing league.  Records are a sham in todays game. Soon we will have a 10,000 yard passer in the NFL.

Yes it was and if you think that Marshall wasn't a beast this year than shame on you. 

Just shame on you. 

Never said he wasn't BUT all those records you mentioned aren't worth squat when you cant put teams away because it just lacks playmakers and a game time coach. This team has more holes than a fly has eyes. 

Beyond awful.  Bowles showed he is just a rookie head coach.  He let Rex ****in Ryan outcoach him today with 3 of his offensive stars out.  Just flat out embarrassing.  This game has really opened Pandora's box.

Oh, it absolutely has... 

Never said he wasn't BUT all those records you mentioned aren't worth squat when you cant put teams away because it just lacks playmakers and a game time coach. This team has more holes than a fly has eyes. 

Listen my friend.  I have no beef with you.   I know what you are feeling.  I feared this game for this very reason.  

I hated losing this game Hate It!!!!

You are right.  The Jets have many holes.   

But I want you know that this is a good organization for once and headed in a better direction. We saw a team play at a professional level we haven't seen since Parcells was coach here so this one sucks.  

But I like you hate this.

Losing to freakin Rex Ryan!!!

Good Grief!!!!!. 

It's almost impressive when you think about it. Just when you think this franchise has found every conceivable way to punch you in the nads, just when you think you're impervious and there's nothing more that could happen that you haven't seen, they somehow find another way. Nuts. Just nuts.

Listen my friend.  I have no beef with you.   I know what you are feeling.  I feared this game for this very reason.  

I hated losing this game Hate It!!!!

You are right.  The Jets have many holes.   

But I want you know that this is a good organization for once and headed in a better direction. We saw a team play at a professional level we haven't seen since Parcells was coach here so this one sucks.  

But I like you hate this.

Losing to freakin Rex Ryan!!!

Good Grief!!!!!. 

I agree with all of this except the team didn't seem prepared and ready for the game.  They were flat.  They also failed to adjust; Bowels said that there was a bunch of zone and it wasn't all Revis' fault, but either way, Revis or Zone, they needed to make a change.  Just sitting there and hoping it doesn't bite you isn't going to cut it.

But, most of the blame has to go to the O; the Jets D gave them the ball on the Bills 23 and we got a field goal.  Ivory cranks out a 58 yard run and we don't even get any points.  Too many drops - not all by rookies/young.  Fitz (I am still grateful for the year) threw a stupid INT in the red zone when we were 2 points down.

And, just when we were on our last drive, Thompkins drops a ball that should have been the game winning TD.

Well it was fun from Fitz while it lasted.  But time to let it go.  Rex/Geno  coulda done the same here this year.

Man it's a good thing everyone moved on and stopped talking about how this exact garbage would appear here next time Jets lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with all of this except the team didn't seem prepared and ready for the game.  They were flat.  They also failed to adjust; Bowels said that there was a bunch of zone and it wasn't all Revis' fault, but either way, Revis or Zone, they needed to make a change.  Just sitting there and hoping it doesn't bite you isn't going to cut it.

But, most of the blame has to go to the O; the Jets D gave them the ball on the Bills 23 and we got a field goal.  Ivory cranks out a 58 yard run and we don't even get any points.  Too many drops - not all by rookies/young.  Fitz (I am still grateful for the year) threw a stupid INT in the red zone when we were 2 points down.

And, just when we were on our last drive, Thompkins drops a ball that should have been the game winning TD.

Tompkins in game to make that drop because kerley rubs Bowles wrong way. Weirdest storyline of the season if you ask me.

Tompkins in game to make that drop because kerley rubs Bowles wrong way. Weirdest storyline of the season if you ask me.

the Kerley thing was weird since day 1, a very Pete Kendell feel to it. Not saying he's a superstar but the guy was clearly the 3rd best WR on the roster all year and glued to the bench, if your going to cut him anyway why not see if he can help you along the way?

Thank you.  

Jets fan are a little silly at times.  This Jets team offensively was historically great this year!!!

Let me repeat that, the Jets offense was historically great this year!!!

Chan was indeed a fantastic OC this year. 

People are blaming the offense!!!

Come on guys. 

The Jets lost 4 games this year where they scored 17 points and their opponents were held to 24 or less.  That strikes me as more of an offensive failure.  In two of them Fitzpatrick had 3 INTs (+the Marshall fumble vs. Philly) in the other 2 INTs and an Ivory fumble.

The Jets lost 4 games this year where they scored 17 points and their opponents were held to 24 or less.  That strikes me as more of an offensive failure.  In two of them Fitzpatrick had 3 INTs (+the Marshall fumble vs. Philly) in the other 2 INTs and an Ivory fumble.

Offense and special teams were to blame those games, yes. 

On the flip side of that you can also say that the offense put us in a position to win in at least 75 % of our games.  Mostly the offense was our strength, which is rare for the Jets historically.    We were the only team in the NFL to score 17+ points every game.  That's a high floor and pretty remarkable consistency right there.  Considering how bad our offense had been the previous 6 years, where, on the reg, we were finding ways to lose games even when the defense held teams to 13 points or less, I'll absolutely take it.

Offense and special teams were to blame those games, yes. 

On the flip side of that you can also say that the offense put us in a position to win in at least 75 % of our games.  Mostly the offense was our strength, which is rare for the Jets historically.    We were the only team in the NFL to score 17+ points every game.  That's a high floor and pretty remarkable consistency right there.  Considering how bad our offense had been the previous 6 years, where, on the reg, we were finding ways to lose games even when the defense held teams to 13 points or less, I'll absolutely take it.

One issue is the turnovers.  I appreciate that Bowles seemed to emphasize turnovers, but I'm not sure how sustainable they are.  The 2-0 start was predicated on getting 5 turnovers in each game.  They had another 2 games where they got 4 turnovers. It's kind of hard not to put up points when you are getting the ball that much.  I am worried that the fumble recoveries will go away.  I understand that statistically fumble recoveries are basically all luck. 

One issue is the turnovers.  I appreciate that Bowles seemed to emphasize turnovers, but I'm not sure how sustainable they are.  The 2-0 start was predicated on getting 5 turnovers in each game.  They had another 2 games where they got 4 turnovers. It's kind of hard not to put up points when you are getting the ball that much.  I am worried that the fumble recoveries will go away.  I understand that statistically fumble recoveries are basically all luck. 

I suppose.  There definitely seemed to be a bit of "statistical correction" later in the season, when we weren't creating as many turnovers.  But let's suppose we gave away as many fumbles (8) as we recovered (12), reducing our turnovers created down from 30 to 26.   That still gives us a +2 turnover margin on the season.  I think that margin would be fairly sustainable next year. 

A big key will be improving special teams so we're not giving away points in that department. 

Archived