Fitzpatrick is What He Is: NOT A STARTER

Dcronin

We had a top 10 offense and won 10 games.  I don't want to hear about Ryan Fitzpatrick.  He did ok.  It's the supporting cast that needs to be better.  QBs not named Tom Brady can't get away throwing to Quincy Enunwa and Kenbrell Thompkins.

Lmaoo please stop ..  The 3rd and 4th WR for Christ sakes is who your blaming for Fitz 3 damn near 5 ints ? Was it Enunwa who threw that pass to decker in the Redzone which the DB had shutdown from start to finish ? 

Edited by Scoop24

No thanks. I'd like to vent thank you. Fitzpatrick just threw our whole season away, three times.

Hopkins could have won it at the end but dropped the ball. That wasn't  Fitz. Early in the game, Kellen Davis blew his one chance to actually play in the NFL when Fitz threw him an easy first down pass, and he dropped the ball.

Why you have Revis play like 20 yards off of Watkins, or continue to run Ridley is beyond me. Bowles poorly coached the game, and even made a Rex Ryan quote afterwards when asked about it: "Ridley can do what Ivory does..." 

Sorry, but the finger pointing can be directed towards a lot more people than Fitz

Edited by Freemanm

He hit Tompkins in the F*CKING HANDS for a winning TD...he is what he is, a tweener starter back up.  But he can win in this league.

The play wasn't Thompkins' fault. DB made a great play on the ball. Even Marshall has had DBs knock balls out of his hands this season.

Fitz couldn't make the playoffs this year with one of the easiest schedules in the NFL, two of the best weapons in the league and a top 5 Defense. If Fitz can't make the playoffs with some of the best conditions ever for a QB then he obviously isn't a starter. 

Edited by elgoman
  • Thumb Down 1

I think I may have ripped on Fitzpatrick harder than any fan on this forum.

He threw 30 TDs this season and if you think for a second that he isn't a starter, you are literally too stupid to function.  Between this and the bring back Rex thread, some of you should step away from the keyboard for a while.

I think I may have ripped on Fitzpatrick harder than any fan on this forum.

He threw 30 TDs this season and if you think for a second that he isn't a starter, you are literally too stupid to function.  Between this and the bring back Rex thread, some of you should step away from the keyboard for a while.

Two of Fitz's TDs today were to wide open one-read players - one to wide open Marshall after he easily beat Buffalo's weakest DB and another to Decker in the middle of the field when he easily beat Graham. Fitz literally never moved his eyes from either and just watched them outplay their CBs. Any QB can do that - Austin Davis could and would have made both throws given the degree of difficulty. Austin Davis is a backup and so is Fitz.

The 30 TD benchmark doesn't mean anything when you consider the system and the weapons. Fitz will regress next season when teams study Gailey's offense, after he was gone so long, and adjust. We should draft a QB in the 2nd this year.

Edited by elgoman

His great season was pretty much meaningless.  Fun year to watch but meaningless.  He choked when it counted. Bottom line.

That's just absurd.

The only reason there was anything on the line was because of him. Would it have been so much meaningful had we kicked that FG and then get beaten next week? GTFO.

He had a great season. Put the team on his shoulders at times and got us 10 wins, more than any of his detractors ever gave him a shot at and now they're back desperately trying to give the "I told you so's" - Laughable. That win over the Pats will always be awesome. 

He didn't choke anymore than most. The entire team has to be held accountable for today. 

No one things he's the long term QB. He's just the current starter. It shouldn't stop us going aggressively after QB prospects. He's proven to be a capable pair of hands in the mean time. 

Yeah, you cant blame Thomkins for that one. The DB knocked it out.

Fitzpatrick is the Jets leader ALL TIME for TD passes in a season.

exactly, he was hit and the ball was knocked out. Would it have been a TD and a unbelievable win?  Yup, but doesnt mean Tompkins sucked and is to blame

Like I said, Fitz's end zone INT may have cost him his starter's job for next season.  Horrible throw and I'm not comfortable going in with Fitz next season.  

Let's not forget the fact that we played two poor divisions this year.  Next year what's going to happen when we go against the AFC West and NFC West? 

Two of Fitz's TDs today were to wide open one-read players - one to wide open Marshall after he easily beat Buffalo's weakest DB and another to Decker in the middle of the field when he easily beat Graham. Austin Davis could and would have made both throws given the degree . The 30 TD benchmark doesn't mean anything. Fitz will regress next season when teams study Gailey's offense, after he was gone so long, and adjust.

Hahaha please pour liquid on your computer. You have no idea what you are talking about. He threw more touchdowns in a single season than any Jet QB ever but it's "meaningless". Not to mention your One Read "analysis" was completely wrong. On the Decker TD he actually CAME BACK TO Decker after going through all of his progressions.

• Upvote 2

That's just absurd.

The only reason there was anything on the line was because of him. Would it have been so much meaningful had we kicked that FG and then get beaten next week? GTFO.

He had a great season. Put the team on his shoulders at times and got us 10 wins, more than any of his detractors ever gave him a shot at and now they're back desperately trying to give the "I told you so's" - Laughable. That win over the Pats will always be awesome. 

He didn't choke anymore than most. The entire team has to be held accountable for today. 

No one things he's the long term QB. He's just the current starter. It shouldn't stop us going aggressively after QB prospects. He's proven to be a capable pair of hands in the mean time. 

meh.  He puts us in the same position as least offseason.  Great year but choked when it mattered.  No closure on Geno.  Hope Petty develops. Etc

Bottom line is, It's the offseason so it was all for nothing.  No trophies for 10 wins. It means nothing. 

Do the Jets give him a deal now?  After that performance I'm not comfortable with giving him a new deal without trying to replace him first.  Let's not forget the slide he went through in the middle of the season.  

This game might make him cheaper. At the right price, of course you bring him back. Any new QB we get will be via the draft, and this regime will not put a rookie QB on the field week 1. So unless you're thinking Petty, Fitz should/will be retained.

And the DB hit him in the hands and knocked it away.  

Sometimes, hard to believe, defenders make plays

Only whipped hurt fans think your 5th WR is at fault there

And only SOJF's think that better QB options grow on trees apparently.

So if the defender made a play, I'm OK with that...you?  we just went 10-6.

I know Fitz has limitations, wind being one...same with Chaddycakes...they don't have the arm.

But they were/are SERVICEABLE, can win games, and are useful if you aren't counting on them to take you to the promised land.  The hate for Fitz I see here is ridiculous, and I would hope most would accept him as a freaking back up option of bridge to our next franchise QB...because we can do a LOT worse (and have).

no but really. **** Revis. 

The concept of if not for that player we wouldnt be where we are going into todays game is always lost on some fans.

Never mind the team lost the game, not a single player.

I've said it before and will say it again, people need a single player to blame because its easy and requires no thought. 

• Upvote 1

Int 2 he was getting pummeled as he threw it. Manny Lawson was 1x1 on Marshall and Marshall had him beat. If Fitz got that off it was a TD walking in. Brick missed his block. Int 3 was meaningless, you want him to throw it away there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meh.  He puts us in the same position as least offseason.  Great year but choked when it mattered.  No closure on Geno.  Hope Petty develops. Etc

Bottom line is, It's the offseason so it was all for nothing.  No trophies for 10 wins. It means nothing. 

All for nothing? This season showed we likely have a capable GM and HC. They'll both build on this season and the team will be set to improve on these results. I'd say that's meaningful. Would you have preferred 4-12 and needing to fire some people?

The concept of if not for that player we wouldnt be where we are going into todays game is always lost on some fans.

Never mind the team lost the game, not a single player.

I've said it before and will say it again, people need a single player to blame because its easy and requires no thought. 

**** Revis.

First post.

I've been a fan since 1985.  Yes Fitz is what he is.  But he is the best quarterback the jets have had in a long time....broke the TD record!  Look, the team lost this game, not just Fitz.  Catches were dropped that could've been caught.  The ones that were intercepted could've been a combination of bad offensive line coverage and broken route running.  We are under-valuing the Buffalo team.  They are a good team.  Tyrod is a good QB.  We lost in buffalo.  Got it.  But we have a lot to look forward to next year if we fix our special teams.  We also need to beef up the O-line for next year.  My prediction is we go to the playoffs next year WITH fitz.

Jason

Edited by afjetsfan

All for nothing? This season showed we likely have a capable GM and HC. They'll both build on this season and the team will be set to improve on these results. I'd say that's meaningful. Would you have preferred 4-12 and needing to fire some people?

He would say yes because he's an idiot. And the worst of fans.