Fitzpatrick is What He Is: NOT A STARTER

Dcronin

19-17 in the Redzone .. Fitz lost us this game with that pick . Could of kicked a FG and went up 1. 

ya. that was a really bad descision. one of only a few he made in the last 6 games. fast worward to next series. brick gets destroyed by darius,getting a hit on fitz mid throw to marshal for what most likely would be a td. one could say brick cost the jets the game. me, i think it was a total team loss

The fact that it was a fun year is enough to make it meaningful.

And I disagree with your statement.

This. A million times this.

Jesus what is watching the sport even about if you're not going to enjoy the f*cking wins. 

It was a roller coaster of a season. We came up just short but did far more than anyone expected. The highs of last week were great, among the best I've felt as a fan and the lows of today were incredibly painful. 

Jesus Christ JiF we're all going to f*cking die anyways -  I guess everything's ultimately for nothing. There are guys throwing around a piece of leather and trying to kill each other for our amusement. For the most part I was amused. More so than I been in quite some time with this sport.

A 6 win improvement is great but that doesn't mean you now expect 10 win seasons. Especially in the Jets situation.  

I have no idea what this means.  Every season is a different season.  We'll play a different schedule.  The teams in the division will have different rosters.  Injuries could factor in.  they list goes on and on.  

But we've built a nice foundation.  Who cares this much about playoffs, we we're winning the SB.  Its one extra win.  You would have felt that much differently if we won one more game or if the Steelers of Chiefs won one less?  

How? Go watch the TD replays.
On the Marshall TD, Fitz literally catches the snap and throws to Marshall immediately. His head doesn't move. He doesn't go through progressions.

You keep saying he didn't go through his progressions, youre completely wrong. Sorry, no matter how many times you say it youre still wrong

This. A million times this.

Jesus what is watching the sport even about if you're not going to enjoy the f*cking wins. 

It was a roller coaster of a season. We came up just short but did far more than anyone expected. The highs of last week were great, among the best I've felt as a fan and the lows of today were incredibly painful. 

Jesus Christ JiF we're all going to f*cking die anyways -  I guess everything's ultimately for nothing. There are guys throwing around a piece of leather and trying to kill each other for our amusement. For the most part I was amused. More so than I been in quite some time with this sport.

haha - I don't make the rules. If you don't make the post season than so what?

i enjoyed the season.  It was fun.  But when it's all siad and done that's it.  So technically, it's meanignless. Then again, we have some records to show for it so that's cool for trivia and sh*t. 

i enjoyed the season.  It was fun.  But when it's all siad and done that's it.  So technically, it's meanignless. Then again, we have some records to show for it so that's cool for trivia and sh*t. 

lol, so god damn miserable.

If you make the post season and don't make the Superbowl then so what?

• Upvote 1

I love trivia!!!

• Upvote 1

I have no idea what this means.  Every season is a different season.  We'll play a different schedule.  The teams in the division will have different rosters.  Injuries could factor in.  they list goes on and on.  

But we've built a nice foundation.  Who cares this much about playoffs, we we're winning the SB.  Its one extra win.  You would have felt that much differently if we won one more game or if the Steelers of Chiefs won one less?  

I think this team could have made noise in the post season.  I don't think they're a playoff lock next season because of the QB position.  6 win improvement is cool but they could easily be a 6 win team next season. 

I think this team could have made noise in the post season.  I don't think they're a playoff lock next season because of the QB position.  6 win improvement is cool but they could easily be a 6 win team next season. 

I don't.  Who would this team be favored over?  Seriously.  Anyone? 

And none of this has anything to do with next season.  And what they may be next season means nothing, has nothing to do with them being a 10 win team instead of a 11 win team.  

you're being very, why ask why, IJ. Just let some of us be pissed for the love of God. 

I am pissed myself. I'm absolutely devastated.

But some of the emo sh*t being spouted in here is just absurd. Throwing guys who performed under the bus because it "means nothing" isn't fair. 

I am pissed myself. I'm absolutely devastated.

But some of the emo sh*t being spouted in here is just absurd. Throwing guys who performed under the bus because it "means nothing" isn't fair. 

I don't know. I do think Fitz isn't to blame. Eventually, the season should be looked back fondly as maybe some of those mid 80's teams sort of are. I.e. walker and toon are still two of my all time favorites...But not an hour after the game. I did mention, **** Darrelle Revis, right?

• Upvote 1

He is a journeyman who will always let you down. Getting what he deserves today. Awful, awful.

DC

He holds numerous records for the Jets already, which may not be saying much, so he'll be back at a reasonable rate. With an entire off-season to continue to mesh and hopefully a better ol and te situation the offense could be very good. Yeah, Fitz wasn't his magical self today, but he didn't lose the game on his own either. It was our best season as an offense yardage wise ever. That is something to work from. "Getting what he deserves today" did he steal your girlfriend or something?

Edited by Embrace the Suck

He holds numerous records for the Jets already, which may not be saying much, so he'll be back at a reasonable rate. With an entire off-season to continue to continue to mesh and hopefully a better ol and te situation the offense could be very good. Yeah, Fitz wasn't his magical self today, but he didn't lose the game on his own either. It was our best season as an offense yardage wise ever. That is something to work from. "Getting what he deserves today" did he steal your girlfriend or something?

We haven't had a decent QB since NAMATH 

• Thumb Down 1

I've been saying this all year, BUT this is not on him, not even a little bit.  IF the guy we pay franchise QB money to does his job the way he is paid to do it, AND the ******* WR's catch the balls, and EVERYONE else on the team who didn't show up to play until the 2nd Quarter did their jobs this game would have never been close, Fitz shouldn't have been put in that spot in the first place today.

Future no I don't want Fitz, BUT he completely earned my respect this season, I was on record as saying he was the worst QB the Jets ever had, and boy did he make me look like a fool, I am now a Fitzpatrick fan, he has almost everything you want in a QB, Guts, Heart, Leadership, but unfortunately not blessed with the skills of a prototypical NFL starter.

So please do not put this lose on him, this was a team effort to lose, and the guy making the money should take most of the blame, Darrelle Revis, he really choked it up today, and the rest of the D that is where the blame lies.

That's a nice post. 

For all Fitzy's warts he never quits and was a catch away from pulling off a last minute win. It is such a shame that the team came out of the gates so slow today as you could see Fitz, Decker and Marshall along with some of the defense willing the team back half way into the 3rd quarter.

I thought the defense played well except for Revis who seemed afraid of getting beat over the top and basically got torched today. There were a few critical 3rd downs that we did not get off the field (directly Revis related) but even with that the offense had more than enough chances to win.

The RB decisions today make it obvious that something was and always is up with Ivory...Love him but you can't depend on his health.  Props to Wilkerson on a great year and I hope the injury is not as bad as it looked. 

Nice entertaining season with some lessons learned such as taking care of your lay-up schedule so you are not in the position that they found themselves in today.

HOPEFULLY the board doesn't get bogged down with the insane Rex and Geno posters trying to lay a claim that they would have gotten us to the play-offs. Rex did nothing today but watch the Jets make their own for the most part unforced mistakes....same in the earlier game.

P.S. I wonder if NE lost to Miami intentionally today:)). Maybe Tex can explain how that works to us.

• Upvote 1

Fitzpatrick played a career season and earned the starting job for next season. NO QUESTION. He had plenty of mistakes and miscues with Gaily but together they had the Jets best offense in franchise history (check the stats). You have to deal with it and suck it up and accept that they will both be back next season. What they need is to fix the running game. It's crazy that in todays passing league that was our downfall.

Fitzpatrick played a career season and earned the starting job for next season. NO QUESTION. He had plenty of mistakes and miscues with Gaily but together they had the Jets best offense in franchise history (check the stats). You have to deal with it and suck it up and accept that they will both be back next season. What they need is to fix the running game. It's crazy that in todays passing league that was our downfall.

10 games wins you NOTHING 

Ya, that hurt, especially Powell would would have been  agood check off receiver in the gusty winds. As soon as I saw Powell out and the winds were over 25MPH I was very very worried..

That was my biggest concern today. In a passing league today was a day you needed to run be able to run the football.

How? Go watch the TD replays.
On the Marshall TD, Fitz literally catches the snap and throws to Marshall immediately. His head doesn't move. He doesn't go through progressions.

yea, this makes sense. first read is marshal wide open for a td. should fitzpatrick

A. throw to marshal for an easy td

or

B. go thru his progressions until he finds a more difficult throw because his first read looks too easy

or

C. punt the ball

A 6 win improvement is great but that doesn't mean you now expect 10 win seasons. Especially in the Jets situation.  

If we have the right GM, HC and solid QB play you can. We had all 3 this season. The goal is to be a perennial contender. I like our chances to do just that. Our future at QB is far from secure, but it can reach that point, with Firzpatrick providing a "bridge" to the franchise guy.

Here we go with these idiotic threads. I'm trying to think of the last time I saw a QB throw 31 TD's and be called a back up especially from stupid Jets fans who still think in some way they are going to draft the next god damn Aaron Rodgers. STFU already. Its not happening

If this team didn't drop 6 balls and was able to get off the field on third down and actually execute a god damn punt and kick a field goal this is a very different game.

Also the mind numbingly stupid decision to even let Ridley touch the ball once in this game just blew my mind early on I could not believe what I was witnessing. Also with plenty of time on the Clock why continue to throw deep when we could have handled them underneath.

The one bad thing Fitz did in this game was the Int. to Decker in the end zone .... It was a timing play and it was jumped the defender made a nice play Fitz threw the ball where it needed to be thrown and the DEFENDER made a nice play.

This team needs a TE and third WR who can actually catch and a RB that can handle the load and be a dual threat without being injured every single week. Losing Powell was huge this game HUGE.

With that type of offense Fitz will be just fine and have a very similar if not better season than we had this year. This team can win now its not time to be hunting the miracle starting QB because we already have him. The core of this team is probably good for another 2-3 years and to bad for a lot of you knuckle heads but Fitz is going to be the guy like it or not.

• Upvote 3

10 games wins you NOTHING 

Seriously Joe, im a bit disappointed in you bro. 

You're wiping your butt with Fitzmagic T-shirts (I caught that in the other thread :-) lol.) and you're talking real extra now. Almost two months ago when he won that 7th game and the entire forum went ape sh*t you "flipped flopped" and became a supporter. 

Now, it took me until last week after that Pats win to even be fooled, but atleast I stood my ground bro. I find it kinda "convenient" that you're trashing the dude now. 

Not that I disagree. The man threw 3 picks in our final 3 drives to end the season. Even I couldnt have made up that episode of "Punk'd", but with that said, go down with that ship like I did when he was "Fitzmagic". 

You cant flip flop like that. Thats like the dude who's the fan of the team that wins the superbowl ever year! :-)

If we have the right GM, HC and solid QB play you can. We had all 3 this season. The goal is to be a perennial contender. I like our chances to do just that. Our future at QB is far from secure, but it can reach that point, with Firzpatrick providing a "bridge" to the franchise guy.

80 with the right moves we have a good guy for the next 2-3 years the core of this team will be gone after that window so we win now or we go into total rebuild mode. Now is not the time to once again start experimenting with QB's Fitz has proven he can win now lets get him a few more parts and get it done.

• Upvote 1