How are you feeling?

BallinPB

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the same as I have felt for the last 47 seasons: Happy that I will not have to waste anymore Sunday's on this garbage franchise, happy the season is over, and happy that I have nothing to worry about sports wise until at least next October if the Mets can do what they did this past year.

This was a team loss!  I know that playing meaningful football week 17 was more than most expected, but we got there.  We the fans just deserved to see the same team that got us there play in this game. This was a very different team from what we have seen the past 5 weeks. That's what hurts so much!  If they beat our best effort you hold your head high, but we lost solely because our team didn't show up, not one player or coach!  I usually have very good life perspective after these types of Jet fails, but this one will sting for a while.  I'm gong to get wasted and yell at people.  There's always next year.  

The truth is I spend a good portion of this season really angry that Fitzpatrick was starting. I shamefully admit that I didn't even enjoy most of this year for that very reason. After a while I had no choice but to give in and I enjoyed the last 4 weeks or so. Now that the season is over my initial impression was right. We accomplished nothing this year. No development of a qb so we're back to square one with nothing. Yes we put up a whole bunch of stats but in the end they're meaningless since we didn't accomplish anything. Now we know nothing more about geno, petty probably will be nothing as a 4th round pick so we have to draft a qb again without even knowing if geno is the guy. This season is just a waste and on top of that we're gonna probably draft in the 20s outside of any shot at a qb. 

On Fitz INTshould have ran it twice and kicked FG. I'll never understand why that didn't do that. It made so much sense. Take the 20-19 lead. 

That how I'll feel about this game. Should have ran it twice. 10-20 years from now, it's  the only thing I'll ever remember.

agreed , of all the complaints going on this is my big one , gotta get the lead there first and foremost, the rest of the game plays out differently if we go up there ....not the time to get overly aggressive .

When you come this close to the playoffs and can shake off a rather large milstone (aka SOJ) AND YOU FAIL ONCE AGAIN, it is hard to take. I will need about a month to get over it. I know I am in for life so, what is the sense of denying that I won't be back next year, hoping to God that THIS IS THE ******* SEASON. One of these days it will be or I'll die before it comes. There is no curse on the Jets, they simply don't know how to rise to the occasion and raise their game to match the circumstances. Instead they play uninspired and make the critical mistake that they are so afraid of making that it almost becomes natural to make it.

Once they make the playoffs, that will be a start. 

Well, the seasons over and the only good news is that I wont have to read:

"Ah, I thought fitz couldnt beat....blah, blah, blah."

Now this organization can conentrate on drafting Carson Wentz or trading for Mike Glennon. 

Aren't you the gu who said this was "the most talented Jets roster of your life"? 

That makes you about.....19. Go sh*t  a hat with that " SoJ" crap. You haven't earned it.

The truth is I spend a good portion of this season really angry that Fitzpatrick was starting. I shamefully admit that I didn't even enjoy most of this year for that very reason. After a while I had no choice but to give in and I enjoyed the last 4 weeks or so. Now that the season is over my initial impression was right. We accomplished nothing this year. No development of a qb so we're back to square one with nothing. Yes we put up a whole bunch of stats but in the end they're meaningless since we didn't accomplish anything. Now we know nothing more about geno, petty probably will be nothing as a 4th round pick so we have to draft a qb again without even knowing if geno is the guy. This season is just a waste and on top of that we're gonna probably draft in the 20s outside of any shot at a qb. 

Geno Smith is NOT the guy. Believe me, the Jets are far better off with Fitzpatrick than Geno. Yes, I do think the Jets will sign Fitzpatrick to a cap friendly deal and he will bridge the team to Petty in 2017. Fitzy showed he is who he is..a journeyman who is not able to take a team to the next level, but he can be useful.

Aren't you the gu who said this was "the most talented Jets roster of your life"? 

That makes you about.....19. Go sh*t  a hat with that " SoJ" crap. You haven't earned it.

And look who we gave that most talented Jets roster to. 

The most talented roster I've ever seen with the easiest schedule we've probably ever had and we're sitting home watching the playoffs. 

Thats how I feel. Im not requesting you to feel that way but everyone is venting today so give me some space and let me vent .

And look who we gave that most talented Jets roster to. 

The most talented roster I've ever seen with the easiest schedule we've probably ever had and we're sitting home watching the playoffs. 

Thats how I feel. Im not requesting you to feel that way but everyone is venting today so give me some space and let me vent .

The problem is that the Defense lost the game today, if you dont realize that, you don't know dick about Football.

Frustrated. Really thought we were going to go deep this season.

Replaying that moment when I thought #10 catches the football and takes it to the house... Totally different conversations if that happens.

Still have 11 teams in the playoffs to cheer for.

Roll on draft , free agency and 2016 season

I'm over it already. At 40 years old you cant let this crap bother you that much. Sucks that we lost to this crappy team again, but whatever. It was a fun season, fell one game short. Only thing that bothered me a lot was not playing the game safe down by 2 and in FG range, not sure what the coaches were thinking there. 

Frustrated. Really thought we were going to go deep this season.

Replaying that moment when I thought #10 catches the football and takes it to the house... Totally different conversations if that happens.

Still have 11 teams in the playoffs to cheer for.

Roll on draft , free agency and 2016 season

Yup

I feel worse now then I have in a very long time.

The opportunity was there for them and they did not seize the moment.

3rd down defense was awful

Where Ivory was I don't know. Heard he was hurt but if you can break of a 50+ yard run you have to go until you can't go anymore.

Fitz did not play great. He picked the worse time possible to throw his first red-zone INT. I still think though you give him an incentive laden contract for next year, keep him as the starter and starter and move Petty up to second string.

Too many drops today from the WR's, Marshall, Decker, Enuwa all had big drops today that really hurt them.

This one will sting for awhile.

Jets HC Todd Bowles told reporters that DL Mo Wilkerson suffered a broken leg today

May be a blessing in disguise for the Jets and probably a first round exit even if they got in

I'm feeling pretty bummed. Another year, another opportunity for the Jets to break my heart, and sure enough they do in epic fashion. Tough loss for sure. Not sure how I feel about Bowles as a coach going forward, or this roster.

Man, that was brutal. Just brutal. A first ballot Hall of Fame loss for a franchise that has seen way too many. If that had been to anyone else, it would have been just your average very bad Jets letdown. But the context behind it makes it all-time.

The AFC is wide open. The damn Pats just got smoked by Miami with home field on the line. Bottom line - this Jets team had as good a chance as any of representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.

This was an awful loss. Absolute failure on offense, defense, special teams, and coaching. It's unbelievable that the final score was 22-17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's disappointing because they played this game like losers and so their attitude personified itself in a loss. Revis was the worst and proved today that he no longer deserves a top tier contract. Roads to the playoffs do not go through buffalo and that is true this year as in most years past. This shouldn't have been a loss if we were good, therefore we are not good. 

Numb &  disappointed some say they had us  pegged for 8or 9 wins fine,but it was right there For the taken and they came out flat, tight or whatever.  Losing to that buffoon twice a year only makes matters worse , but he sold his soul to the devil for that , I'm sure he won't be  coaching in the NFL in a few more years.  It is what it is as they say. Hey we'll get a higher draft pick that would be 5-6 spots higher than what we would've picked,( difference maker  Hopefully 4 next year) 31 teams & fanbase will be Disappointed in the NFL by year end , I wasn't ready 2 be one of them yet. So I'll drink my grey goose slowly & marinade in the pain knowing that the sun comes up tomorrow. 

Archived