Our Franchise QB lost this game!

Lupz27

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does the truth hurt?  All year comments directed towards Geno Smith a guy who didnt even play tonight the savior choked and cost us the playoffs. 

if you think fitzpatrick cost the jets the playoffs, well, i dont know what to tell ya. like i said, time to call it a night

if you think fitzpatrick cost the jets the playoffs, well, i dont know what to tell ya. like i said, time to call it a night

We played a weak schedule he beat 1 team with a winning record and choked when we needed him the most 3 INTs in a row when the game was on the line. 

We played a weak schedule he beat 1 team with a winning record and choked when we needed him the most 3 INTs in a row when the game was on the line. 

ya, joewilly. it sucked to watch fitz blow the game when all his teammates were playing at a pro bowl level. that interception with zero timeouts, 70 yards to go, and 17 seconds was the back breaker.

ya, joewilly. it sucked to watch fitz blow the game when all his teammates were playing at a pro bowl level. that interception with zero timeouts, 70 yards to go, and 17 seconds was the back breaker.

Fitzpatrick said in the interview after the game his heart hurts LOL well Fitz theres a reason you been with so many teams and have never made the playoffs my heart hurts too!!!!

3rd down defense lost this game just as much as Fitz did.

No, 3rd down defense lost the game. If they get off the field, then Buffalo isn't scoring, or killing all that clock, and Fitz is never asked to bail us out. We already knew he couldn't do that, quite frankly. We put our QB in the one situation that he just doesn't thrive in, and we could have prevented it. If our WRs hold onto some of those early (and late) passes that hit them in the hands, and the 3rd down defense did their job... we win. 

Last week, we kept NE from having any 3rd down conversions almost all game. This week, it seemed like we allowed every 3rd to be converted. Disgusting.

Why because Fitzapologists dont agree with me no thanks I'm a Jets fan I'm a fighter. 

No, because you're taking a hot dump in every thread on the site.

You're upset, we all are, but you're directing it the wrong way... and it's coming across as combative and like you're gleefully dancing on the Jets grave... yammering about the Fitz/Geno argument, good grief man... wtf is wrong with you?

That was such a classic Fitz game. Late game important INTs. Seen that story way too many times. Great dude and all but he's not going to lead a team to the playoffs, ever. He's just getting older too. You guys had a very good season though, surpassed everyones expectations. 

Many of us were saying the same thing but a majority didn't want to listen.  Got caught up in the beard and the fact that he is a nice guy.  Fact of the matter is his recent success was against a lot of bottom dwelling pass defenses and a lot of those TD's were launched in Marshalls general direction with him making the play.

I want Fitz back but as a backup QB.  At least hopefully this ends the talk of backing up the brinks truck for him.

No, 3rd down defense lost the game. If they get off the field, then Buffalo isn't scoring, or killing all that clock, and Fitz is never asked to bail us out. We already knew he couldn't do that, quite frankly. We put our QB in the one situation that he just doesn't thrive in, and we could have prevented it. If our WRs hold onto some of those early (and late) passes that hit them in the hands, and the 3rd down defense did their job... we win. 

Last week, we kept NE from having any 3rd down conversions almost all game. This week, it seemed like we allowed every 3rd to be converted. Disgusting.

good stuff man , you've been on point all day.

That was such a classic Fitz game. Late game important INTs. Seen that story way too many times. Great dude and all but he's not going to lead a team to the playoffs, ever. He's just getting older too. You guys had a very good season though, surpassed everyones expectations. 

congrats on your 8-8 season and super bowl win! Now go out and celebrate!

good stuff man , you've been on point all day.

thanks bro... at this point in the day, I was hoping that I'd be sh*tfaced and happy... such is life as a jet fan, thank god for my kid... she bails me out from jet misery every time :)

congrats on your 8-8 season and super bowl win! Now go out and celebrate!

dude give the condescension a rest...  you blabber on and on about Rex being the worst ever and blast those who don't share your silly opinion.  Your worst ever coach swept us and knocked us out of the playoffs with half his starters on IR.  You were, are, and will be wrong about the subject.  It is what it is.

dude give the condescension a rest...  you blabber on and on about Rex being the worst ever and blast those who don't share your silly opinion.  Your worst ever coach swept us and knocked us out of the playoffs with half his starters on IR.  You were, are, and will be wrong about the subject.  It is what it is.

Grats Bowels coached as poorly as Rex does.  Both are poor coaches the difference is one is an foot loving loudmouth embarrassment in his 7th year and the other is in his first year with the Jets.  Setting the bar really low for Rex huh.

thanks bro... at this point in the day, I was hoping that I'd be sh*tfaced and happy... such is life as a jet fan, thank god for my kid... she bails me out from jet misery every time :)

funny you say that , I'm 44 but have a 2 year old son and a 2 month old daughter...exhausting most of the time but makes nights like this way more bearable than they used to be.

wrong about what exactly?

Grats Bowels coached as poorly as Rex does.  Both are poor coaches the difference is one is an foot loving loudmouth embarrassment in his 7th year and the other is in his first year with the Jets.  Setting the bar really low for Rex huh.

I don't get embarrassed by what the coach of my favorite football team says or that he gets freaky with his wife. 

This year is no different than the last 4..  we're not in the playoffs.  If it makes you happier that our coach doesn't emote in press conferences than that's your prerogative.  Personally, I couldn't give a crap about the so called embarrassing things Rex did.

Exactly what my OP point is, I just also choose to attack Revis because well he deserves it, you can't demand that type of money, and not step up, and make plays on crucial 3rd downs VS the opposing teams number 1 WR when that's why you get paid the kind of money he does, don't care if he was in zone, man whatever, he should be making impacts on those 3rd downs if the ball is thrown anywhere near his man, or zone area, and he didn't so he IMO deserves to be called out.

Jets win this game 20-9 if the D executes on 3rd down even with the offense playing as bad as it did early, the period where the O got hot from mid 2nd Q to Mid 3rd Q should have been more than enough points to win this game if we get a 17 million per year effort from Revis today.

wrong about what exactly?

the worst coach in football doesn't get his JV team to play inspired ball against a 10 win team facing a must win situation.  it was a sickening game to watch in person.  thoroughly out played and out coached.

funny you say that , I'm 44 but have a 2 year old son and a 2 month old daughter...exhausting most of the time but makes nights like this way more bearable than they used to be.

nice. my 9 yo walks in the room and asks me what the score is and what quarter is it. so i tell him. he then tells me the jets are gonna lose and fitzpatrick will throw an interception, seconds before he does. i could have killled him.

edit. it was in the 4th quarter just before fitz threw the 2nd int

Yea, not going to lie, I was ready to throw my couch through the wall in the 4th quarter... but an hour after was playing in her fake kitchen with her, and back to Earth. 

Revis needs to be traded 

Hahaha good luck with that. I never would have paid him all that money. I was ridiculed for 'questioning' Mac in signing Revis to that preposterous contract.  This is not 2011 when he deserved it - maybe.  He is an aging corner who suffered a major injury. It was imbecilic to sign him to three years guaranteed at such a high rate.  Clearly, when he is able to be let go without a hit on the cap after 2107, he is gone. Still he will walk away with about 50 million for 3 years.  

Others who lost the game:

Chan Gailey who refused to run the ball in a gale force wind

Ryan Quigley who punted a 25 yarder deep in his own end spotting Buffalo 7.

Marshall and Decker who had the dropsies the entire first half

Thompkins who dropped a would-be touchdown with time running out

Richardson who lost containment on several runs at DE.

Enunwa who solidified his JAG status on several occasions, killing at least two drives

The damned kicker missing a very makeable field goal early.

I'm sure I'm missing a few more...

Others who lost the game:

Chan Gailey who refused to run the ball in a gale force wind

Ryan Quigley who punted a 25 yarder deep in his own end spotting Buffalo 7.

Marshall and Decker who had the dropsies the entire first half

Thompkins who dropped a would-be touchdown with time running out

Richardson who lost containment on several runs at DE.

Enunwa who solidified his JAG status on several occasions, killing at least two drives

The damned kicker missing a very makeable field goal early.

I'm sure I'm missing a few more...

Revis who played like MEVIS.

Fitzpatrick supporters rode the bandwagon and today it crashed theres a reason he's been with so many teams. 

10 meaningless wins we didnt make the playoffs 

Fitz 3 INTs when the game was on the line NOT A FRANCHISE QB .....................NEXT 

Fitzpatrick is NOT a franchise QB end thread

Anyone who thinks Fitzpatrick is a franchise QB is delusional 

WarFish keep negative repping me shows how much you suck 

Fitzpatrickites are laying awful low tonight even though they bashed Geno Smith all year long who didnt even play this season except for 1 game. 

Why does the truth hurt?  All year comments directed towards Geno Smith a guy who didnt even play tonight the savior choked and cost us the playoffs. 

Why because Fitzapologists dont agree with me no thanks I'm a Jets fan I'm a fighter. 

Gee didn't see this coming. This is why the the fight has continued and must continue.

Archived