Are u guys nuts?

jetsfan719

Can't put this game on Fitz...

Yes, he has to know an INT there is a backbreaker and a FG likely wins the game (Rex and Taylor would have folded had we taken the lead) but other than that one play you really can't blame fitz.

Big drop by Marshall early that would have changed field position, huge drop by Decker on the 4 yard line.  Tompkins was awful all day...

Defense was atrocious - Let the Rex Ryan offense do whatever it wanted....run first and second down and pass for a third down.  They allowed Tyrod Taylor to look like Brady today and that's something they should be embarrassed about.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The endzone interception was a great play by the CB. It happens. The last one he was hit on the throw.

The CB telegraphed that play. We run the same routes with Decker in the redzone. If Decker would have sold the post but broke on an out route he would have been open by like 5 yards. I seen the replay and McKelvin knew what was coming and broke before Decker did. 

With that said though, Fitz has to SEE that. 

+1

Blame the defense. They couldn't stop a lousy QB with a 3rd string RB and one WR. 

And Darrelle Revis weakness is suddenly an 8 yard curl?

Fitz is the least of our issues. 

SAR I

+1

The defense deserves most of the blame today. They were terrible. 

I'm not too worried, I don't think we'll have the injuries as bad as we did this year, Taylor will have a full off season at the guy, and we'll likely get better fit players for the defense. It'll all depend on Taylors progression, QB is everything in this league. 

And if there's one guy you want to be the HC to develop a QB, it's Rex Ryan. He has such a great track record with that.

The CB telegraphed that play. We run the same routes with Decker in the redzone. If Decker would have sold the post but broke on an out route he would have been open by like 5 yards. I seen the replay and McKelvin knew what was coming and broke before Decker did. 

With that said though, Fitz has to SEE that. 

Exactly but Fitzpatrick the franchise QB record breaker didnt and thats why he's been with 8 teams in 10 years 

RK PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G
1 Tom Brady, QB NE 390 603 64.7 4,636 7.69 76 36 7 36 103.1 309
2 Philip Rivers, QB SD 416 626 66.5 4,564 7.29 70 27 12 37 94.2 304
3 Drew Brees, QB NO 396 585 67.7 4,547 7.77 80 31 11 31 100.7 325
4 Carson Palmer, QB ARI 330 512 64.5 4,542 8.87 68 34 10 25 106.8 303
5 Matt Ryan, QB ATL 383 578 66.3 4,257 7.37 70 19 15 29 88.1 284
6 Blake Bortles, QB JAX 338 574 58.9 4,189 7.30 90 35 16 43 90.3 279
7 Eli Manning, QB NYG 363 575 63.1 4,134 7.19 87 33 14 25 93.6 276
8 Kirk Cousins, QB WSH 367 528 69.5 3,990 7.56 78 26 11 26 99.2 266
9 Matthew Stafford, QB DET 370 553 66.9 3,964 7.17 57 29 13 40 95.4 264
10 Ryan Tannehill, QB MIA 338 548 61.7 3,858 7.04 54 22 12 44 87.1 257
RK PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G
11 Russell Wilson, QB SEA 310 455 68.1 3,827 8.41 80 31 8 44 109.3 255
12 Derek Carr, QB OAK 329 540 60.9 3,793 7.02 68 31 12 25 92.0 253
13 Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB NYJ 319 525 60.8 3,724 7.09 69 29 12 18 91.2 248
14 Jameis Winston, QB TB 283 488 58.0 3,717 7.62 68 22 13 25 86.1 248
15 Ben Roethlisberger, QB PIT 295 433 68.1 3,589 8.29 69 18 14 20 93.8

So 11  QBs had a better year than Fitz's  "historical season" as some are calling it,  and 1 QB, a 1st year rookie on a last place team, was just as good. 

Can't put this game on Fitz...

Yes, he has to know an INT there is a backbreaker and a FG likely wins the game (Rex and Taylor would have folded had we taken the lead) but other than that one play you really can't blame fitz.

Big drop by Marshall early that would have changed field position, huge drop by Decker on the 4 yard line.  Tompkins was awful all day...

Defense was atrocious - Let the Rex Ryan offense do whatever it wanted....run first and second down and pass for a third down.  They allowed Tyrod Taylor to look like Brady today and that's something they should be embarrassed about.

True. Fitz was bad today no question, but this debacle was a total team and coaching effort. Game plan was sh*t on both sides of the ball.

Exactly but Fitzpatrick the franchise QB record breaker didnt and thats why he's been with 8 teams in 10 years 

And this is also where people get it confused regarding his limitation. Fitz shouldnt have thrown the pass because it wasnt like McKelvin ran up behind and made a spectacular come from behind INT, he literally telegraphed and jumped the route. He took a chance and won because no matter what, FItz was going to throw that football. 

So 11  QBs had a better year than Fitz's  "historical season" as some are calling it,  and 1 QB, a 1st year rookie on a last place team, was just as good. 

Eli Manning was eliminated before Fitz and Cam Newton has been a lock for the playoffs for a month and isn't even on your list. Crap all over Fitz if you must, please just understand that nobody is going to take your flame throwing seriously. 

+1

Blame the defense. They couldn't stop a lousy QB with a 3rd string RB and one WR. 

And Darrelle Revis weakness is suddenly an 8 yard curl?

Fitz is the least of our issues. 

SAR I

so who do I blame for the Redzone Int where atleast a FG gives us lead ? Was that on Revis too? 

could Fitz have played better maybe maybe not. Admit it this was a TEAM lose. TEAM was outplayed and out coached. Bills had a game plan that they executed to near perfection. Offense played poorly dropped passes poor personnel choices if Ivory was available for more playing time( health we don't know ) Defense under achieved pass rush secondary. Just need to face facts Rex and his Bills out played and out coached the Jets this go round. Sometimes the truth hurts.

And if there's one guy you want to be the HC to develop a QB, it's Rex Ryan. He has such a great track record with that.

Greg Roman and David Lee have been handling that. There has been clear development from the guy. Nothing is a lock, but I'm happy where he's headed as of now. 

Enjoy the playoffs from home 

Enjoy the playoffs from home 

Fitz had the pass for the game winning td, the wr dropped the ball. Blame Fitz all you want I'm angree too.

But Fitz led the Jets to their best offensive production ever. As sad as that is its true. He also led the team on game winning drives the previous three consecutive weeks.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

How could you possibly sh*t on fitz??

Lets face facts-

He didnt play good today......

However, he is by far down one of the few reasons we lost today.

When you hand cuff your qb to throw on 3rd and long situations, because you unreasonably don't use ivory you are setting him up a recipe for disaster.

We all know he cant bomb the ball. What did u think would happen in the situation when he had to..

Guy led this team all season. We would not be sitting at 10-6 with geno. And i think it would be a huge mistake to break up his chemistry with decker and marshall for any other qb..

Offseason plan:

Keep fitz, develop petty, develop devin smith, draft olinemen, a shifty rb, faster olb to go along lorenzo(mauldin will get better each season) develop our young secondary players..

This game is not fitzpatricks fault.

Blame it on playcalling, dumb decisions, quigley, dropped passes, revis abombination of coverage on watkins.

I put this on revis before i put it on fitz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revis didn't want to get beat deep. And don't forget who broke up what would have been a TD pass on the trick play the Bills pulled in order to get Watkins deep. Fitzy did MORE than anyone on the team to lose this game, but it was a team effort. They looked flat, and uninspired which is unacceptable in a team fighting for a playoff spot. I wondered about Ivory also in another thread. He carries the ball like seven times for 80 yards and Ridley is the one in there most? I would like to know the reason for that.

Greg Roman and David Lee have been handling that. There has been clear development from the guy. Nothing is a lock, but I'm happy where he's headed as of now. 

So what does Rex do, exactly? Serve as the hype man for Jets games, then work towards dismantling the defense for the other 14 games?

This was a very good season that ended in disappointing fashion.

When you are a mediocre to above average team, which we are AT BEST, you just can't  repeatedly shoot yourself in the foot (drops, poor 3rd down (both offense and defense), untimely penalties) and expect to keep pulling these games out. We struggled at the Cowboys...and came back to win. We struggled at Giants...and came back to win. We just beat the Pats in OT. We are a flawed team that went to the "well" way too often, in terms of making comebacks. There is only only so many times in a given season when you can overcome self-inflicted wounds.

Ultimately, we had the ball at the end with two legitimate changes to pull it out; but the person who has been so clutch for us just couldn't do it today. But the entire team lost this game. ST's...the offense...the defense. I am hoping we have laid a nice foundation but I expect at least 20-25 of the players on this team to not be back. The only question is whether Bowles/Mac make the rights choices of who to keep or not.

Yeah, this game really was painful to watch. But 4-12 to 10-6 in one year? Come on. Who was expecting a super bowl? Overall, Fitz was a pleasant surprise. Pace needs to retire. Cromartie needs to go. We have several young CBs who can do better. We need speed at linebacker. Williams will get stronger and with a year's experience will be very good to great. Sign Mo. I feel more confident with this GM and HC going in to the off season than any pair in a long time.

Revis didn't want to get beat deep. And don't forget who broke up what would have been a TD pass on the trick play the Bills pulled in order to get Watkins deep. Fitzy did MORE than anyone on the team to lose this game, but it was a team effort. They looked flat, and uninspired which is unacceptable in a team fighting for a playoff spot. I wondered about Ivory also in another thread. He carries the ball like seven times for 80 yards and Ridley is the one in there most? I would like to know the reason for that.

Yah i got he didnt wana be beat deep, but at some point in the game u need to wake up and adjust. And realize what ur doing is not working. Every 3rd or 4th down play the ball would go right to watkins and revis would be like 5 yards off him. Like cmon man.

If i can see this why cant the coaches see it.

The ivory enigma is unreal. I don't understand the logic one bit. Ridley os hot trash. Idc if ivory was hurt (cudnt have been that banged up to run for 80 yards on 5 carries) u run him in an important make or break game till the tires come off. These above everything infuriated me the most. Like i feel these two decisions were major factors why we lost.

Gailey did same sh*t wit ivory in early game in season. I forgot which one. Come to think about it may have been last bills game. Where ivory had ripped like a 20 yard run into the redzone and they decide to pass the ball 3x or let sumone else run it.

Idk man chan gaileys decisions really scare me for the future. I really hope he realizes what hes doing and corrects this. Major major mistakes with the use of Ivory and playcalling...so frustrating

Anyone halfway effective could have put up similar numbers to Fitz this season.  

We wouldn't be 10-6 with Geno but probably 9-7 or 8-8.

Not a chance. Did u see the same geno we all saw in Oakland game? Same old geno

How could you possibly sh*t on fitz??

Lets face facts-

He didnt play good today......

However, he is by far down one of the few reasons we lost today.

When you hand cuff your qb to throw on 3rd and long situations, because you unreasonably don't use ivory you are setting him up a recipe for disaster.

We all know he cant bomb the ball. What did u think would happen in the situation when he had to..

Guy led this team all season. We would not be sitting at 10-6 with geno. And i think it would be a huge mistake to break up his chemistry with decker and marshall for any other qb..

Offseason plan:

Keep fitz, develop petty, develop devin smith, draft olinemen, a shifty rb, faster olb to go along lorenzo(mauldin will get better each season) develop our young secondary players..

This game is not fitzpatricks fault.

Blame it on playcalling, dumb decisions, quigley, dropped passes, revis abombination of coverage on watkins.

I put this on revis before i put it on fitz

Of course they sh*t on Fitz. They spend the last 2 months castigating anyone discussing the subject to "move on" only to strike like a pit viper the second the sun goes down. It's cowardice, despicable, and completely predictable. Which is why the pro-Fitz crowd that threw chips in with the "move on crowd" were played like useful idiots. 

3 INTs in the last 3 drives when the game was on the line..........

It hurts Fitz more than it hurts you or any fan.  This game will haunt him for the rest of his life if he never makes the playoffs.

Fitz is why we had a chance to make playoffs but that int in the end zone was inexcusable.  You need 3 pt to get your first lead of the game the last thing you can do is throw that int. He cost is this game,  as did our coaching staff,  defense,  revis, c special teams etc...

I just don't agree with that. For 5 weeks he played as well as he possibly can, but was quite average before that. Decker and Marshall and Gailey were the reason our offense did well not Fitz. It was exciting and Fitz had a great run. But he is what he is and he is VERY unlikely to repeat it next year against a much miuch sterner test of football,

I just don't agree with that. For 5 weeks he played as well as he possibly can, but was quite average before that. Decker and Marshall and Gailey were the reason our offense did well not Fitz. It was exciting and Fitz had a great run. But he is what he is and he is VERY unlikely to repeat it next year against a much miuch sterner test of football,

This just in 9 out of 10 guys who have their best career year don't repeat it the next year. It's selection bias.

Fitz is the most of our issues the QB stirs the drink he sucked today 3 INTs on the last 3 drives to win the game. 

Stop.

The D couldn't stop a cold, they let the Bills chew up the second half with 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion.  The first INT was a mistake, the second one he was hit, the third one was desperation.

As usual with this team, it's Supposedly Great Defense absolutely sucks in a big spot.  Geezers like Pace and Harris watching youngsters leave them in the dust, no pass rush, Revis having his worst game as a pro. 

Fitz wasn't stellar today, but he wasn't why we lost.  Start with the D.  Then look at the Ground game.  Then look at Special Teams.  Then, and only then, look at Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

so who do I blame for the Redzone Int where atleast a FG gives us lead ? Was that on Revis too? 

No.  That was Fitzpatrick's big mistake of the game.  He's allowed one.

Time of possession was 2:1 in favor of the Bills in a game they didn't want, with a third string RB, with one decent WR.  It's inexcusable how bad the defense played in this game.  You could see it-  lack of effort, sloooooness, no enthusiasm, no leadership.  Just a complete collapse.

We're a 6-10 team with Geno Smith, 10-6 with Ryan Fitzpatrick is fantastic.  And in the one game where he needed some help, where was it?  Did the defense get a bunch of sacks and back the Bills up?  Did special teams get huge punt and return yardage?  Did his WR's not drop easy balls or fail to stay inbounds at key junctures?

Fitzpatrick had a bad game, but he's not the reason we lost.  And if he was, if he's simply not Mr. Clutch in January, well, get ready for the Mark Sanchez argument, a guy we drove out of town who only played his very best games on January days just like this one.  Not every QB is Mr. Clutch.  You didn't like the clutch one we had then, and now you're going to blame his replacement for lacking his high-pressure capabilities?  This will be fun.

SAR I

Archived