Very interesting article following the loss.

Patriot Killa

No one has ever claimed he was a franchise QB. He is who he is.  If this stinkin defense would have showed up all year we would have easily made the playoffs. Fitzy did more than his part.  I blame this defensive fiasco totally on Bowles and today's loss on Revis. 

Revis was playing zone coverage all day with what looked like very little help from the Safety we destroyed Tom Brady but made Tierod Taylor look good, 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I am saying we can win 3 of them. BTW, our so called defense was supposed to be 'all that'.  But think about it.  If we can get a damn pass rush, a ILB, and a bona fide rb we are in business. 

well if we don't get a QB we better damn well get some players on defense this offseason. And pray that Marshall comes back too

If you want to attack the posters who say he isn't just a journeyman  (which I agree with, but have a whole new level of respect for the man, and player he is) I don't agree with it, but fine whatever floats your boat.

But your directing this message like it's at Fitzpatrick himself who I've never once speak of himself as some franchise QB, but just say all the right things like if they need me to play I'll be ready, if they say I'm the starter great I'll be ready.  You come across very ignorant in the way some of your posts seem to be attacking Fitzpatrick himself.

No my posts are directed at the Fitzpatrick supporters who bashed Geno Smith all year long even when the guy wasn't playing. The never ending remarks and posts in threads that weren't even QB related. They know who they are. 

No my posts are directed at the Fitzpatrick supporters who bashed Geno Smith all year long even when the guy wasn't playing. The never ending remarks and posts in threads that weren't even QB related. They know who they are. 

it's easy to kick a guy when he's down, that said I'm taking it easy on fitz. he was never supposed to be the answer so expecting the playoffs wasn't exactly fair

it's easy to kick a guy when he's down, that said I'm taking it easy on fitz. he was never supposed to be the answer so expecting the playoffs wasn't exactly fair

The playoffs were gift wrapped and served on a platter to him he failed like many times before 3 INTs in the last 3 Jets possessions game over season over on Fitzpatrick.

Okay, I can see your point. I wouldnt personally disrespect Fitz, I dont know him. He didnt play well today, but the man had a great winter run. 

I will say this though, maybe some of the people who disrespect  Geno personally will lay off him a bit given how our last 3 drives of the season went. 

I agree with you when it comes to certain things being uncalled for. I've seen people call Geno all types of stuff yet no one cames to his defense. 

So though I see your point and actually agree, given that I felt that way with the harsh criticism of Geno even though "I" wanted him gone too, we have to atleast be consistent with our uncalled criticism. I hate to see one guy protected yet another can easily be thrown to the wolves. 

One has nothing to do with the other. Geno is still ass.

well if we don't get a QB we better damn well get some players on defense this offseason. And pray that Marshall comes back too

Cant agree with you more.  Marshall aint going nowhere.  He has his tv thing going on in NY and had an all star year. He had great chemistry with Fitzy.  Some refinements on offense...a TE, a RB, improve the OL, a couple back up WR's with 'hands'.....defensively....a pass rusher OLB, an ILB and revamp the special teams unit.  Ok Mac lets see what you got.

Fitz sucked but so did everyone else.  Every receiver dropped a ball stalling our drives.  The D couldn't get off the field.  The kickers sucked too - missed FG and shanked punt.   Richardson gave up the edge on the Tyler TD and jumped offside.   Bad play all around.

The whole team became Geno for one game.

Yes I understand your agenda, but I'm telling you that the way you are wording your posts for your agenda they are coming across as if your speaking to Fitzpatrick himself not the other posters who want to attack to prove you were right, which Im guessing is your way of coping with the pain this loss has caused you.

Yes I understand your agenda, but I'm telling you that the way you are wording your posts for your agenda they are coming across as if your speaking to Fitzpatrick himself not the other posters who want to attack to prove you were right, which Im guessing is your way of coping with the pain this loss has caused you.

I wasn't right nobody wins in all this we all sit home and watch the playoffs and the Super Bowl but these guys dished it out all season long and deserve it back, 

I wasn't right nobody wins in all this we all sit home and watch the playoffs and the Super Bowl but these guys dished it out all season long and deserve it back, 

Agree nobody wins in any of this today.  So maybe just hold off on the "giving it back" until we can all kinda shrug it off a little man, we got all offseason for the I told you so's, no need to pick fights tonight where someones emotions might get the betree of them, and post something stupid, and out of character.  That's all I'm saying. 

Agree nobody wins in any of this today.  So maybe just hold off on the "giving it back" until we can all kinda shrug it off a little man, we got all offseason for the I told you so's, no need to pick fights tonight where someones emotions might get the betree of them, and post something stupid, and out of character.  That's all I'm saying. 

Im not picking fights I'm as frustrated and angry as the next guy. This team let us down today especially Fitzpatrick 3 INTs in the last 3 possessions. 

The playoffs were gift wrapped and served on a platter to him he failed like many times before 3 INTs in the last 3 Jets possessions game over season over on Fitzpatrick.

Gift wrapped? Yes, the steelers lost when we needed to, but didn't we win 5 straight to get there?  I am as frustrated and unhappy as anyone, but let's not pretend these guys didn't play hard/smart these last few weeks.

Ridiculous post.  I'm beginning to expect it from you though.

Told you his tune would change the second he got the smallest opening to hate Fitz and jump back on Geno's jock.

Okay, I can see your point. I wouldnt personally disrespect Fitz, I dont know him. He didnt play well today, but the man had a great winter run. 

I will say this though, maybe some of the people who disrespect  Geno personally will lay off him a bit given how our last 3 drives of the season went. 

I agree with you when it comes to certain things being uncalled for. I've seen people call Geno all types of stuff yet no one cames to his defense. 

So though I see your point and actually agree, given that I felt that way with the harsh criticism of Geno even though "I" wanted him gone too, we have to atleast be consistent with our uncalled criticism. I hate to see one guy protected yet another can easily be thrown to the wolves. 

The Geno sniffers only bailed on defending him when it became uncomfortable for them to do so with Fitz playing well. Now that Fitz had one tough performance in the last six games, they are back again. This is called cowardice.

I proudly admit to bashing that dolt. And personally, also. I think he is an entitled, egotistical, spoiled, immature, rocks for brains brat who will never achieve any degree of success even close to Fitz has this year in the NFL. 

You are starting to sound pathetic.

Starting?

Same as the geno bashers who did it all year long, 

With your anti-Fitz vomitous tirade you have validated the decision to ignore the cries to "move on" and for mercy by the Geno sniffers.

Deserve what back? That you never really gave up on Geno despite claiming "no one supports Geno any more; the haters are just obsessed!" That the "Geno Haters" were correct that sniffers like you would jump like a buglar in the night the second it was convenient to do so (i.e. after next rough Fitz outing?). Been a very difficult day for you. Just relax.

Told you his tune would change the second he got the smallest opening to hate Fitz and jump back on Geno's jock.

The Geno sniffers only bailed on defending him when it became uncomfortable for them to do so with Fitz playing well. Now that Fitz had one tough performance in the last six games, they are back again. This is called cowardice.

I proudly admit to bashing that dolt. And personally, also. I think he is an entitled, egotistical, spoiled, immature, rocks for brains brat who will never achieve any degree of success even close to Fitz has this year in the NFL. 

Starting?

With your anti-Fitz vomitous tirade you have validated the decision to ignore the cries to "move on" and for mercy by the Geno sniffers.

Deserve what back? That you never really gave up on Geno despite claiming "no one supports Geno any more; the haters are just obsessed!" That the "Geno Haters" were correct that sniffers like you would jump like a buglar in the night the second it was convenient to do so (i.e. after next rough Fitz outing?). Been a very difficult day for you. Just relax.

lol.

Fitz shows a great deal of class and in fact the article makes this loss hurt that much more.  

well next year there is another thiung Fitz can overcome and that's being able to throw the ball in 30 MPH winds. I know no QB does well in those circumstances and we've seen it over and over but if its Fitz well then he better be able to do it or his great season is just another suck for moronic Jets fans. I can't figure out if this fan base is just stupid or ignorant , probably a combination of both.

There comes a time when in harsh weather conditions the TEAM needs to step it up....you can't always rely on the QB to perform miracles.

The team falied and the coaches failed yesterday way way more than Fitz ever has this season.

The truth is the Jets played in some of the mildest conditions in years!!!

Our Oline sh*t the bed this year and we gave Tyrod Taylor complete control over 3rd down the guy did whatever he wanted. Put a solid pass rusher on this team and upgrade the oline and we are fine. next seasons schedule is going to suck a$$ though but Fitz proved himself this year in my opinion

The Jets haven't had a franchise QB since Joe Namath. 

And they wouldn't have one without Fitz.  

What they got with Fittz was close enough and was a winner to me. 

Shltting on him doesn't make you smart just because he's not Namath 

The truth is the Jets played in some of the mildest conditions in years!!!

they absolutely did but you know the saying about December and playoff football if you can't run and play D you cant win. So many prolific passing teams went down hard in those conditions over the years there's to many to mention. I honestly expected the Jets to come out and run it down their throats and have a defensive answer for Watkins and Taylor and they had neither and that was disturbing to say the least

Yes.  **** him and his ten win season.  

what's funny Crush is that this fan bas has been wanting a QB for years and when we finally get one who not only put up great numbers but brought us to victory with many 4th quarter heroics they are still not satisfied. They will never be satisfied and you can see that how they react to guys like Andy Dalton and Joe Flacco you know they suck ... its hilarious . They think we are going to get one of those once every 20 year type guys like Brady Montana or Manning and the fact is if we do who they gonna blame if even those type of guys don't win a SB ?

When you have wind great teams step up and run the ball. When you have rain great teams step up and hold onto the football and create turnovers. We did nothing yesterday and the coaching was baffling as well . It was a team effort loss and all that told us was this team was not ready to get it done this year but the cool thing is we now have the blueprint because we do have a QB and in all honesty we are only a few players away from being a true contender not a pretender 

Imagine if we had Fitz Marshall and Decker on the 09 and 10 teams we would have 2 SB victories

Would I prefer all of the personal accolades that Fitz had this year without the playoffs or Mark Sanchez winning 11 games his 2nd year, getting into the playoffs and eventually to the final four? 

I'd rather scream at Sanchez through my TV screen on our way to the playoffs and the AFCCG. 

Fitz is a nice guy, but its not about that. He had a very nice season with some great talent around him, but we didnt make the playoffs with a weak schedule. 

You can like a guy and still not be satisfied with the outcome. This isnt personal, this is football. 

I'd rather have Fitz and no AFCCG than Sanchez and an AFCCG - because an AFCCG isn't a Super Bowl victory, and you can't win the SB with QB play of the type Sanchez provided.

We can win with this type of year from Fitz.

31TD, 15INT, 3,900 yards from our QB next year?  Sign me up, improve the running game, and lets go get it.

I'd rather have Fitz and no AFCCG than Sanchez and an AFCCG - because an AFCCG isn't a Super Bowl victory, and you can't win the SB with QB play of the type Sanchez provided.

We can win with this type of year from Fitz.

31TD, 15INT, 3,900 yards from our QB next year?  Sign me up, improve the running game, and lets go get it.

So you'd rather have fitz and no "playoffs", not just no AFCCG, even though personal stats isnt a Superbowl victory, or even a playoff birth? 

There's 32 teams and only 1 can win. I'd rather my season be as long as possible. 

So you'd rather have fitz and no "playoffs", not just no AFCCG, even though personal stats isnt a Superbowl victory, or even a playoff birth? 

There's 32 teams and only 1 can win. I'd rather my season be as long as possible. 

In terms of which situation I'd prefer heading into an offseason? No contest. Jets are in a better position for next year than they were heading into 2010 or 11

Archived