FA Wish List

deucebag

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who are you replacing him with? Geno Smith? Which QB are you drafting this year that will step in Week 1 and start? Which available FA is a better option than Fitzpatrick? Matt Moore, Chase Daniel, Matt Cassel? Do you think you can afford Sam Bradford under the cap? Will he stay healthy? Is he that much of a step up from Fitzpatrick.

Resigning Fitzpatrick is a no brainer. Hes our best option and hope either Petty or another QB drafted this year will develop into the long term answer. After dealing with Sanchez and Geno since 2009, Ill take Fitzpatrick with his 31 TDs/15 INTs , 3905 yards any day

Look, I'm not saying dump Fitzpatrick altogether . What I'm saying is the guy is limited in what he does, and before I go throw cash at him, I am talking to Bradford , having a conversation with the Saints about Brees  . The Jets are not scaring anyone down field with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB. I repeat, No one.

Look, I'm not saying dump Fitzpatrick altogether . What I'm saying is the guy is limited in what he does, and before I go throw cash at him, I am talking to Bradford , having a conversation with the Saints about Brees  . The Jets are not scaring anyone down field with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB. I repeat, No one.

And getting Bradford or regressing and banged up Brees is going to scare anyone more than Fitz? Come on.

And getting Bradford or regressing and banged up Brees is going to scare anyone more than Fitz? Come on.

Both of those guys can get the ball down the field and play at a level Fitzpatrick can't any longer. That's a fact, whether you choose to believe it or not .

Ryan Fitxpatrick is a 33 yr old Journeyman QB who just had a Career yr on a team playing arguably the easiest schedule it will have in the next 2 years going forward . What does this fan base think is the likelihood of this player having as good a season or better going forward based on his career prior ?

I agree with this (especially the bold); we should release Fitz today; not sure why Bowels/Chan played him in the first place.  Franchise QBs fall out of trees all of the time; we should have traded Fitz and Geno to GB for Rodgers - he has had a pretty bad year, maybe it will only take our QBs and $50.

All jokes/sarcasm aside.

The problem is never is the QB you have the best in the league? The question is can you find 2 QBs better; one to start and the other to back up? It was just like they were saying you should bench Sanchez when all we had in reserver was Brunell and Simms (both out of NFL now I think).

Fitz was brought in to back-up and mentor.  It turns out, he had a pretty good year by Jets standards.  Not sure what FA QB is going to be better.  If we find one great - make Fitz the backup; if you find 2 I am okay saying goodbye.

My guess is that instead of hoping for just a little better, Mac is going to try and build the franchise through the draft.  We will likely draft another QB and work on them until one day they replace Fitz as a starter, and another day, they replace him as a backup.  To quote Manginous - "It is a process"

:-)

Both of those guys can get the ball down the field and play at a level Fitzpatrick can't any longer. That's a fact, whether you choose to believe it or not .

Brees is closer to being done than Fitzpatrick, and Bradford is one bad step away from injury at any given moment. Neither one is an improvement for the money they command over Fitz.

Brees is closer to being done than Fitzpatrick, and Bradford is one bad step away from injury at any given moment. Neither one is an improvement for the money they command over Fitz.

Brees is going to want 20+ million a year.  Does he still have the arm to play in the North East in the winter? 

I'm asking, I don't really know.

RBs should be an afterthought for this franchise with FA -- unless we're talking about a Dunbar/Cunningham caliber 3rd down back. We have limited $$ this year and the looks of some work to do @ Oline & LBs... no need to spend money on Backs with a very nice draft class this year. 

RBs should be an afterthought for this franchise with FA -- unless we're talking about a Dunbar/Cunningham caliber 3rd down back. We have limited $$ this year and the looks of some work to do @ Oline & LBs... no need to spend money on Backs with a very nice draft class this year. 

Nice RB draft? really? really? really? not really.

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-sta

LOL ok I just don't see many high profile rb's in the draft. I want no part of Elliot who would cost a #1.  Our draft picks are precious this year and needs are OLB and OL primarily. If you can find a good one in round three or 4 I'd be interested. One guy who will be around in round 4 is Aaron Green from TCU. Fast and shifty.

STRENGTHS: Does make defenders miss with his video game-like cuts and vision, making quick reads and reacting with his feet to keep defenders off balance. Determined and focused runner, taking advantage of each touch with terrific instincts in space. Green also showed he could be a reliable pass catcher with 19 receptions for 166 yards and two touchdowns in 2014.

WEAKNESSES: Doesn't have an ideal frame and lacks a power element to his run style to consistently break tackles. Lacks ideal long speed.

IN OUR VIEW: He has his limitations, but Green could be one of the top five senior prospects at his position in the 2016 class.

LOL ok I just don't see many high profile rb's in the draft. I want no part of Elliot who would cost a #1.  Our draft picks are precious this year and needs are OLB and OL primarily. If you can find a good one in round three or 4 I'd be interested. One guy who will be around in round 4 is Aaron Green from TCU. Fast and shifty.

STRENGTHS: Does make defenders miss with his video game-like cuts and vision, making quick reads and reacting with his feet to keep defenders off balance. Determined and focused runner, taking advantage of each touch with terrific instincts in space. Green also showed he could be a reliable pass catcher with 19 receptions for 166 yards and two touchdowns in 2014.

WEAKNESSES: Doesn't have an ideal frame and lacks a power element to his run style to consistently break tackles. Lacks ideal long speed.

IN OUR VIEW: He has his limitations, but Green could be one of the top five senior prospects at his position in the 2016 class.

There's more backs than a whorehouse this year. Even if you dismiss Elliot and Henry (which you shouldn't), you're still looking at:

Collins, Hunt, Booker, Dixon - all are legitimate round 2-4 potential bellcows... next tier has Procise, Taylor, Green and Foster. 

Lots to be excited about in that group. 

There's more backs than a whorehouse this year. Even if you dismiss Elliot and Henry (which you shouldn't), you're still looking at:

Collins, Hunt, Booker, Dixon - all are legitimate round 2-4 potential bellcows... next tier has Procise, Taylor, Green and Foster. 

Round 3 and up ...OLB and OL have to be first two rounds.  Procise intrigues me. I'm a big ND fan and saw all his games. He is tough, runs hard and has speed. Now that excites me. :Banane43:  

Ryan Fitxpatrick is a 33 yr old Journeyman QB who just had a Career yr on a team playing arguably the easiest schedule it will have in the next 2 years going forward . What does this fan base think is the likelihood of this player having as good a season or better going forward based on his career prior ?

It's the best team he has played on and he is very comfortable in Gailey's system.  This is a win now team.  I'm all for improving any position including QB. Who do you want instead of Fitz, that we can realistically acquire? 

I like Collins... Runs angry as very good speed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Round 3 and up ...OLB and OL have to be first two rounds.  Procise intrigues me. I'm a big ND fan and saw all his games. He is tough, runs hard and has speed. Now that excites me. :Banane43:  

I'm a big ND fan also (dad graduated there) Procise can probably be had in 4th/ 5th rd. Would be very happy with him. Converted CB. Heck of an athlete

I like Collins... Runs angry as very good speed.

I know his next blocking assignment will be his 1st ever. What I don't know really about Collins is can he catch the ball out of the backfield .

Great point, we need to come out with a really good RB out of this draft rounds 2-4. 

I have a feeling the Dolphins might cut Greg Jennings to save some cap space.  He'd be an interesting complement to Marshall and Decker.

Is it 2010?

I think some people just see names and are like "Hey, he (once upon a time was) good. Let's sign him". Except the part in parentheses doesn't go through their brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big ND fan also (dad graduated there) Procise can probably be had in 4th/ 5th rd. Would be very happy with him. Converted CB. Heck of an athlete

Procise was unstoppable during the season before he got hurt.  It was comical seeing the defenses trying to tackle him.  He has the built and speed to be an excellent RB in the NFL. 

WhoeverthatguyplayingQBwas

Andre Smith OT - Highest priority after the QB guy

Ronnie Hillmam RB - Please 

Mohamed Sanu WR - Please

Bruce Irvin LB - Please

Eric Berry S - Please

Sean Weatherspoon LB - Would be nice 

Mark Barron or George Iloka LB/DB - Would be nice

Mason Crosby K - Please

King or Anger P - Please

Archived