You cant blame Revis IMO!

stugotz81

A lot of what seemed like Revis getting beat or abused tonight by Watkins was due to the zone coverage the Jets were playing. Revis was not pressing Watkins at the line and then getting beat.  I would have expected Revis to play him with press coverage and have some safety help over the top. It seems thats where Revis is at his best IMO

More concerned of the defensive play calling then Revis if anything....I would expect Norman or any other elite CB to have the same success in that defensive scheme today. 

At the same time, maybe Bowles had no faith today in Revis playing Watkins on the line...idk

A lot of what seemed like Revis getting beat or abused tonight by Watkins was due to the zone coverage the Jets were playing. Revis was not pressing Watkins at the line and then getting beat.  I would have expected Revis to play him with press coverage and have some safety help over the top. It seems thats where Revis is at his best IMO

More concerned of the defensive play calling then Revis if anything....I would expect Norman or any other elite CB to have the same success in that defensive scheme today. 

At the same time, maybe Bowles had no faith today in Revis playing Watkins on the line...idk

Bowles showed he was a rookie HC today and has a lot to learn. No mid-game adjustments on defense was disappointing. They should've rolled safety coverage and forced Bills to beat them with Salas. 

I don't blame Revis but the biggest reason we lost is because the defense could not stop Watkins, especially on quite a few 3rd down conversions. I think he needed a man pressed on him at the line for zone and man coverages.

Tyrod Taylor beat the Jets. We had no answer for him.

Even when he was dead in the pocket we couldn't sack him.

Bills had the better QB today, plain and simple.

Agree but I feel like we let Tyrod Taylor beat us.  We had the tools in place to smoke the bills today but the defense played so soft it was pathetic to even watch

That was a crap defensive game plan put together by Bowles, compounded by the fact that they played a finesse team last week and weren't ready for the physicality of the Bills.  Revis did play like crap though, giving way too much cushion and respecting the deep ball on a windy day too much.

I don't blame Revis but the biggest reason we lost is because the defense could not stop Watkins, especially on quite a few 3rd down conversions. I think he needed a man pressed on him at the line for zone and man coverages.

this, I don't know what coverages they were in, but the reason we lost was because of Watkins.

Not sure if its all Revis fault, but it is obvious we're going to regret that contract for a long time.

Our game plan was horrible, there was no reason not to let Revis play the man coverage we pay him for and give him help if he needs it. Instead we just gave Watkins more cushion coming out of the half

Not to quote the Devil.  But what does BB do?  He takes away your #1 option, and makes your #2 beat him. 

Use Revis and a safety, double Watkins, and if Tyrod and their other options beat you, so be it.

Not to quote the Devil.  But what does BB do?  He takes away your #1 option, and makes your #2 beat him. 

Use Revis and a safety, double Watkins, and if Tyrod and their other options beat you, so be it.

I ******* hate mumbles but I've been upset multiple times this year that we don't 

A) give Revis help

or 

B ) use him like BB and have him cover the 2 and double the #1

Today we didn't even let Revis press a guy he held to 3 catches last game, instead we increased the cushion it looked like in the second half

Revis Island has been a peninsula at best all year

I ******* hate mumbles but I've been upset multiple times this year that we don't 

A) give Revis help

or 

B ) use him like BB and have him cover the 2 and double the #1

Today we didn't even let Revis press a guy he held to 3 catches last game, instead we increased the cushion it looked like in the second half

Revis Island has been a peninsula at best all year

We have talked about it before.  Even the Great Deion Sanders would go against the Cowboys #2, while they doubled Irvin.

You wipe out their #2 that way, and then use 2 guys on the one. 

We have talked about it before.  Even the Great Deion Sanders would go against the Cowboys #2, while they doubled Irvin.

You wipe out their #2 that way, and then use 2 guys on the one. 

I've ignored the message board since like week 2. I only come here when I'm either really depressed or really happy. I missed the conversation on the board. I just watched the games and we suck at game planning, we where out coached by a dunk tank clown

I've ignored the message board since like week 2. I only come here when I'm either really depressed or really happy. I missed the conversation on the board. I just watched the games and we suck at game planning, we where out coached by a dunk tank clown

Not us specifically, as in you and me.  But I have had that conversation with other people on the board more than once. 

If he was in zone it does not matter, these catches happened in his zone, want QB money you need to be able to read those plays in your zone, and make the plays.

At the end of the day the defense gave up 22 points with some of them coming directly off of a shanked punt.

The defense did not lose the game. The Jets unforced penalties, slow start, putrid running game and ultimately the INT's cost us the game.

Jackasses like the drdetroit will post nonsense about the defense being the reason why we lost because he trolls his own fan base but the defense played well enough to win.  

At the end of the day the defense gave up 22 points with some of them coming directly off of a shanked punt.

The defense did not lose the game. The Jets unforced penalties, slow start, putrid running game and ultimately the INT's cost us the game.

Jackasses like the drdetroit will post nonsense about the defense being the reason why we lost because he trolls his own fan base but the defense played well enough to win.  

All you need to do is look at the TOP , the defense lost the game yesterday. After scoring offensive TDs the D let the Bills run the clock and get their own scores - pathetic. What were the Bills like 12-19 on 3rd downs that's a disgrace - The D lost the game.

this game was on Bowles.

The old saying "we played not to lose" was applicable here.

Revis played off all day.  He was abused, but I think the scheme for the day had some to do with it. It's one thing to play 10 yards off, which isn't good, but you don't have to keep that cushion the entire play!  I blame both Revis and the scheme.  At some point, we needed to play press man on Watkins, even with safeties over the top and dare them to go deep.  If they beat us, we still wouldn't have been happy, but I almost think it would have been better, down 2 with 10 minutes to go, to have them score a TD and be down 9 with 8:30 left than it was being down 5 with 3:45 left.  I know that sounds crazy, but we needed to take the risk of stopping them quickly and we didn't.

Archived