RB Has To Be Overhauled

KRL

The more I think about the slow offensive starts we had I think
a major factor was the unreliability of our RB's.  Just too many
games where they would get nicked up, couldn't finish or didn't
play at all.  Even though Fitzpatrick had a good year he's not
good enough to operate an offense "one handed".  It's time to
find a young, durable RB in the draft and team him up with a
combo of Ivory/Powell (on reasonable deals)

Running Backs sadly have become a dime a dozen. I love the way Ivory played for us but you can go out in the draft and get a good back without having to use a 1st round pick to get him.

I would like to keep Powell just don't know if the Jets feel the same way. 

Our losing streak was in direct correlation to Powell getting hurt & Ivory being nicked up every game. Jets needed to put more effort into finding another RB than just signing Ridley coming off an ACL. Mac saw how badly it effected our offense. It's time to draft a stud RB that can catch out of the backfield.

Our losing streak was in direct correlation to Powell getting hurt & Ivory being nicked up every game. Jets needed to put more effort into finding another RB than just signing Ridley coming off an ACL. Mac saw how badly it effected our offense. It's time to draft a stud RB that can catch out of the backfield.

They did. They traded for Zac Stacy, who broke his leg. Should they have drafted someone? In hindsight, the short answer is yes but they had two main guys coming back with two guys looking to prove they belong in the NFL. The position will be addressed this off season again.

We need to come out of of the draft/FA with two new ones. Our top two guys can't stay healthy and Ridley with no personal disrespect to him due to his injury is just terrible. Stacy looked like he was running through mud when he did play. I'd like an explosive back where if he gets the hole Ivory had yesterday on the big run he gets 6.

I echo your thoughts on needing to find a back this year... but I don't think you're accurately depicting how dire the situation is.

There's 0% Powell and Ivory are back, together. Maybe we Powell because he trusts his role here, but BOTH are 27 and their next extension will take them to 30.. they're gonna want to get paid - it'll probably be their last big contract. I'd say chances of them BOTH being gone are 60-70%

So we don't just need "a back"we need "The Back" 

Let Ivory and Powell get paid elsewhere.  Ridley shouldn't even be in the NFL.  Draft a couple backs.

Funny thing about Ridley was he looked pretty effective in New England but was getting benched for fumbling.  He appeared to have fixed his fumbling problem but was not running as effectively. My guess is no longer running with the reckless abandon because of a fear of fumbling.

Resign Powell & draft Derrick Henry. 

See if you can sign Alshon Jeffery! Talk about a physical offense! 

Marshall- Decker- Jeffery- Enunwa with Henry at RB! Hopefully Amaro isn't a bust & you have another 6-5" player. 

Fitz can't throw long anyway so speed is not an issue. Back shoulder throws all day, move the chains & kill them with power & more power. Trade Richardson or Mo, draft Oline, RB, LBs and get back down to business! 

We need better production from our running game, and with either a healthy Ivory or Powell, I think we win yesterday.  But, to be fair, I think we need help on OL for run blocking too.  A better OL, a better running game; it would make it easier to get a good runner.

Ivory was 5th in the league in rushing. You guys realize the position across the league is a wasteland, right?

He's not the best fit for Gailey's offense, but he has more receiving chops than he's given credit for. The position does need to be addressed, but we need a complement to Ivory, not a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivory was 5th in the league in rushing. You guys realize the position across the league is a wasteland, right?

He's not the best fit for Gailey's offense, but he has more receiving chops than he's given credit for. The position does need to be addressed, but we need a complement to Ivory, not a replacement.

Hey, how about you come work for me, for 10K less a year? Why, because I like you....

Oh whats that, no? Shucks. 

Funny thing about Ridley was he looked pretty effective in New England but was getting benched for fumbling.  He appeared to have fixed his fumbling problem but was not running as effectively. My guess is no longer running with the reckless abandon because of a fear of fumbling.

our gameballs weren't properly deflated plus Ridley isn't good

he was 5th in rushing because everyone does committee hence there are like 2 good fantasy running backs now and one is actually a wide receiver Danny woodhead

Hey, how about you come work for me, for 10K less a year? Why, because I like you....

Oh whats that, no? Shucks. 

There is no market for vet RBs in today's NFL. The Jets wouldn't have to break the bank to bring either guy back. The question is whether or not they want them back

There is no market for vet RBs in today's NFL. The Jets wouldn't have to break the bank to bring either guy back. The question is whether or not they want them back

ehh, it's all relative. They're not making Haynesworth money, but it's Ivory's last real payday. He's not going to sign anywhere 'cept where tallest stack of cheese sits. 

All Joking aside and I have never said this about anyone else but I am expecting the Powell will get dinged for PED use.  No way does a guy in his 4th or 5th year suddenly acquire the kind of quickness he has shown in the last month.

Did anyone see the stat that we were 9-2 when Powell played, and therefore 1-4 when he didn't?

That doesn't mean that Powell himself is irreplaceable, just that I think we need someone with his kind of skills.

Powell had just 70 carries and 47 catches that resulted in 3 tds.. He was a spark plug at time's but not a big reason for the 9-2..

Why? 

Henry is not real shifty, 1 cut downhill runner, 1) he will need to play with a team with a good QB or one with an excellent OL or both. Jets are not a good fit. 1) they have no QB 2) offensive line is just average.

Jets better served to get a RB with speed and wiggle

+1

It is a given that the position will be addressed because every RB on the roster is scheduled to become a free agent in March. If they don't address the position we won't have any. :ph34r:

Henry is not real shifty, 1 cut downhill runner, 1) he will need to play with a team with a good QB or one with an excellent OL or both. Jets are not a good fit. 1) they have no QB 2) offensive line is just average.

well I guess we'll see next year because Henry will be playing somewhere & I still hope it will be with the Jets.

Because afosomf is a huge Alabama fan, and his shtick is that he never wants 'bama players coming to the Jets. 

Strange, I'd love to have a big physical offense! Teams are using smaller & smaller LBs, David Harris belongs with Parcells in the 80s,lol. If the Jets can get Enunwa turned around (more consistent hands), Amaro turns out to be a player, add a cheap veteran WR (older) no longer a 1 or 2 but a guy with great hands, a Stud tough young RB in the draft, resign Powell, with Marshall & Decker already here you could have an offense that wears out smaller Ds with no depth, (like most defenses in the NFL).

Did you put on your college-draft hipster glasses when you typed this?  

D. Henry needing an Oline AND a quarterback AND the right humidity index AND the moons of jupiter to be on a lunar axis - is such a load of sh*t, not to mention the most LAZY assessment of the season. A running back needs an oline? Next you're gonna tell me a quarterback needs a pocket too. 

Henry isn't nearly as one-dimensional and scheme dependent as you're illustrating. Too long as he been labeled as a stiff, lumbering 1-cut back who needs to be going downhill to make plays... Just flat out wrong. It's only January 5th and I'm already tired of Henry's lateral agility being ignored. It's true, Chan's system favors the shiftier backs of the world, but to say Henry needs to play in Dallas power scheme is stupid. 

I think the running game should be the # 1 priority this offseason.  Bring back Fitz. Figure out who the # 3 WR is going to be. And upgrade the LB position on defense. But all that comes after fixing the running game.

Whatever it takes...OLine upgrades and a new # 1 RB.  Ivory and Powell would be an ideal 2 and 3, that won't work out money wise though. But they need a new # 1.

Archived