RB Has To Be Overhauled

KRL

Henry is not real shifty, 1 cut downhill runner, 1) he will need to play with a team with a good QB or one with an excellent OL or both. Jets are not a good fit. 1) they have no QB 2) offensive line is just average.

Jets better served to get a RB with speed and wiggle

Agree 100% . Henry runs more upright than Lacy and hence would be a perfect fit in Dallas, on other teams he would struggle. The Jets need that combo back that has speed and can push a pile when necessary.

Did you put on your college-draft hipster glasses when you typed this?  

D. Henry needing an Oline AND a quarterback AND the right humidity index AND the moons of jupiter to be on a lunar axis - is such a load of sh*t, not to mention the most LAZY assessment of the season. A running back needs an oline? Next you're gonna tell me a quarterback needs a pocket too. 

Henry isn't nearly as one-dimensional and scheme dependent as you're illustrating. Too long as he been labeled as a stiff, lumbering 1-cut back who needs to be going downhill to make plays... Just flat out wrong. It's only January 5th and I'm already tired of Henry's lateral agility being ignored. It's true, Chan's system favors the shiftier backs of the world, but to say Henry needs to play in Dallas power scheme is stupid. 

I have seen everyone of his games.  He is 1 cut downhill runner, very little wiggle. The Jets do not have a QB that will keep opposing defs to not play 8 in box. Yeldon was a better fit for Jets than him. He also has a lot of tread on tires gone, mainly from high school and this yr. He also wasnt asked to catch many balls and the dude is  6 2 240.

Dallas is a perfect landing spot for him

Because afosomf is a huge Alabama fan, and his shtick is that he never wants 'bama players coming to the Jets. 

OK jgb jr Didnt you get the memo that Bama players are soft? Dee is perfect example. Schano has been saying this for yrs. Better off getting ACC players.

I have seen everyone of his games.  He is 1 cut downhill runner, very little wiggle. The Jets do not have a QB that will keep opposing defs to not play 8 in box. Yeldon was a better fit for Jets than him. He also has a lot of tread on tires gone, mainly from high school and this yr. He also wasnt asked to catch many balls and the dude is  6 2 240.

Dallas is a perfect landing spot for him

Apparently Dallas is perfect for everyone who isn't Duke Johnson.

For a guy who watched every bama game, you don't know henry as well as you're letting on. What I will give you however, is the tread remark. That part concerned me as the weeks wore on this year and his carries continued to balloon. 

Apparently Dallas is perfect for everyone who isn't a 6" tall version of Duke Johnson.

For a guy who watched every bama game, you don't know henry as well as you're letting on. What I will give you however, is the tread remark. That part concerned me as the weeks wore on this year and his carries continued to balloon. 

He is really closer to 6 3 and had close to 1600 carries in high school.  at bama this season around 340, minimal carries freshman and last yr

We should sign that little Danny woodhead if available.

That name sounds eerily familiar? Why can't we find players like that?

Could you imagine how good he'd be in Chans offense? Just look what Powell was doing.

We should sign that little Danny woodhead if available.

He will never amount to anything in this league.  Gimmick player.  He is a one trick pony who will never do anything outside of Tom Brady and the Patriots offensive system. 

McKnight is better and he is available.

I think the running game should be the # 1 priority this offseason.  Bring back Fitz. Figure out who the # 3 WR is going to be. And upgrade the LB position on defense. But all that comes after fixing the running game.

Whatever it takes...OLine upgrades and a new # 1 RB.  Ivory and Powell would be an ideal 2 and 3, that won't work out money wise though. But they need a new # 1.

agree RB, OL, & a third pass catching option ... Nothing we had was consistent enough to be that 3rd guy.

Devin Smith is soft was hurt & played scared he's not the answer , Amaro was hurt as well ... Can we hope he's able to come back and be legit ? Yeah ... Can we count on him? Scary to do that .... Could be a Millner on offense. Powell was legit for the dump offs , emergency guy ... When he was on the field ... If average - cheap price I'd 

Iike him back.  Ivory was solid but also dinged up due to his style ...and he is not catching a crucial pass when he's in there

rex & idzik got in trouble not stocking the shelf at cb & hoping guys would improve/make it off of I-R

as long as we prioritize RB, OL, & bringing in another pass catching option as our 3rd guy I think we'll be on the right track

Archived