Rex Ryan: the official 2016 point & laugh thread

Integrity28

Amazingly, he has kept 6 teams in 5 years out of the playoffs. 

I'm glad he won his SuperBowl. He's an excellent coach. Best of the best, obviously.

I'd just like to backpedal on every criticism I've ever made of him, by saying... **** this turkey necked fool.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When its all said and done his biggest accomplishments will be the back to back AFC championships he had with the Jets and if he is lucky, breaking the playoff drought with the Bills.  He will probably mention yesterday's game too.  He will boast as an old man that he had success with two morbid franchises and but at that point no one will be listening.

When its all said and done his biggest accomplishments will be the back to back AFC championships he had with the Jets and if he is lucky, breaking the playoff drought with the Bills.  He will probably mention yesterday's game too.  He will boast as an old man that he had success with two morbid franchises and but at that point no one will be listening.

yeah screw him.  I don't want playoff runs I want level headed press conferences!!

now that the circus left town I'm basking in the glory of all this professionalism!! 

Did you all see the way Bowles calmly answered questions about their embarrassing collapse?  I would have felt way worse about it had he emoted..  would have been embarrassing. 

What a great time to be a Jet fan.

He did what he does, crap coach overall, rallies the troops the last few games to make the team and fans think he has turned the corner when he has really just screwed your draft standing,  I imagine if i go over to the bills forum the same guys wanting him lynched 3 weeks ago will be giving him a pass and wanting to give him more leeway.

He did what he does, crap coach overall, rallies the troops the last few games to make the team and fans think he has turned the corner when he has really just screwed your draft standing,  I imagine if i go over to the bills forum the same guys wanting him lynched 3 weeks ago will be giving him a pass and wanting to give him more leeway.

To his credit, he lost the Jets locker room in 3 of his last 4 years here. The only time he didn't was when the rallied them to play for his job. That was the year we fired Tanny, and kept Rex, instead of hiring Bruce Arians (like I wanted!!!)

To his credit, he lost the Jets locker room in 3 of his last 4 years here. The only time he didn't was when the rallied them to play for his job. That was the year we fired Tanny, and kept Rex, instead of hiring Bruce Arians (like I wanted!!!)

I couldn't agree more I would have loved Arians as HC..

Yesterday will be as good as it gets for the bills under rex.

yeah screw him.  I don't want playoff runs I want level headed press conferences!!

now that the circus left town I'm basking in the glory of all this professionalism!! 

Did you all see the way Bowles calmly answered questions about their embarrassing collapse?  I would have felt way worse about it had he emoted..  would have been embarrassing. 

Wait, so the Bills made the playoffs?

Amazingly, he has kept 6 teams in 5 years out of the playoffs. 

I'm glad he won his SuperBowl. He's an excellent coach. Best of the best, obviously.

I'd just like to backpedal on every criticism I've ever made of him, by saying... **** this turkey necked fool.

Some are just born leaders and winners

I'm happy for the guy.  Only good thing to come out of yesterday.  Idzik screwed Rex and almost ruined his career.  Then the Jets go out and build the team Rex had been begging for.  Ha, you know Rex had to be really damn pissed.

Maybe we lucked out getting Bowles and he'll be a good head coach.  Not bad his rookie season, but I'd bet we'd be in the playoffs now if Rex was coaching this team.

Rex 2  Jets 0.  Hopefully next season Bowles can win at least one of the matchups.

I also saw a team that won more games under Bowles 1st season than Rex has won since 2010.

And see a team that I think will build on this.  Making it a great time to be a Jet fan.

Much better time than being a fan of Rex

He is the greatest, and I will never say a bad work about him again, I have learned my lesson. I truly wish I were celebrating 8-8 yesterday with a team most thought would contend for the division rather than losing and going 10-6, Karma sucks.

Unless you're being sarcastic, this post is the pinnacle of delusion.

I'm happy for the guy.  Only good thing to come out of yesterday.  Idzik screwed Rex and almost ruined his career.  Then the Jets go out and build the team Rex had been begging for.  Ha, you know Rex had to be really damn pissed.

Maybe we lucked out getting Bowles and he'll be a good head coach.  Not bad his rookie season, but I'd bet we'd be in the playoffs now if Rex was coaching this team.

Rex 2  Jets 0.  Hopefully next season Bowles can win at least one of the matchups.

Yeah, I agree, if it were not for Idzik Rex was on a clear trajectory to have won 2 SB's by now with the Jets, when Idzik came to town Rex was riding high.

Hypothetical arguments than cannot be proven or tested are always the best.

Hypothetical arguments than cannot be proven or tested are always the best.

I don't think it's all that hypothetical.  He had done well here before with similar defenses and the offense this season was arguably better than (or at least on par with) anything he was ever given to work with.

It is what it is.  Yesterday sucked.  Just saying I'm not mad at Rex and if anyone had to be spoiler, glad it was him.  He deserved a little revenge.

I don't think it's all that hypothetical.  He had done well here before with similar defenses and the offense this season was arguably better than (or at least on par with) anything he was ever given to work with.

It is what it is.  Yesterday sucked.  Just saying I'm not mad at Rex and if anyone had to be spoiler, glad it was him.  He deserved a little revenge.

yeah, for sure, this guy gets it. 

Rex deserves revenge on the only franchise that would give him a chance at a HC position and then firing him after only 4 non winning seasons.

slow clap

7, actually. He kept the Dolphins out a couple years ago and scored us a sweet later draft pick.

Gotta say, I was at that game and though I'm still not sure missing out on Beckham the lunatic was worth it, it was ******* glorious walking out of that stadium and walking past Fins fans in tears, yelling bitterly at Jets fans as we walked out. I felt like Keanu Reeves in The Replacements after the two offensive linemen shot the starting quarterback's car.

Archived