Rex Ryan: the official 2016 point & laugh thread

Integrity28

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These sound vaguely familiar.

Not sure if it was Jets fans saying the same things all during his gig here or if was a list you posted this last off season.

Best bet is both. :D

I didn't post last off season.  If you remember,  last year I was all about Rex.  This off season, not so much.    Maybe I am more hopeful than anything else.  :rolleyes:

I didn't post last off season.  If you remember,  last year I was all about Rex.  This off season, not so much.    Maybe I am more hopeful than anything else.  :rolleyes:

You werent here before the season started?  You didnt tell us Rex has learned from his failing in NY?  That wasnt you?  Maybe not. ;)

LOL  I must say,  I was happy that he didn't go all out yesterday.  I think he did okay with the win. 

He's built up enough jackass equity to have dialed the clown down to a 3 and still probably overdid it.

congrats jeaniec.  I told my nephew I want the watkins jersey back I got him for xmas so I can burn it, lol

Speaking of Watkins - did you see this?  A Bills Fan changed Revis'  Wikipedia.  Thank you for the congrats!!!!  The Jets had a great year 10-6 - Would take it and be happy

10401929_10206977670498002_1971597420015

You werent here before the season started?  You didnt tell us Rex has learned from his failing in NY?  That wasnt you?  Maybe not. ;)

Oh that - LOL - Yes,  that was me who said that Rex may have learned from his mistakes in New York.  Oh well!!!!  I guess I never give up hope.

There's a few things I take away from our season that should help next year:

1)  I think Rex learned his lesson and that is:  don't over promise and under deliver.  It's been pure bedlam among the fans here in Buffalo since we didn't receive what was promised.

2)  It appears that Rex tamed  it down a little on the sidelines.  His behavior had to be a distraction to our players on the field.

3)  Rex started to ask/listen to his defense about plays.  In the last couple of games (too little too late),  he has given players choices and also asked if they felt comfortable with certain plays.

4)  We are now going into our second season with pretty much the same players/ talent.  There will be changes but I don't see a house sweeping.  Also,  Percy Harvin wants to play.  Kyle Williams is set to be back in 2016.  It's also  looking good for Aaron Williams as the neck injury doesn't appear to be career threatening.  

What still needs work:

1)  Tyler will readily admit that he needs to get the ball out quicker.  This kid has improved all year and will continue to improve.

2)  We need a new DC that will run the defense and let Rex stay out of the plays and just do his job as an HC

3)  We may be looking for a new OC as it looks like Greg Roman may be heading for an HC position.  At least there's been talk about it.

Rex will get it sorted out.

fwiw.. i am shocked anyone is surprised by this outcome. I've been saying for 3 weeks to friends and family that the Jets will beat the pats and implode in the worst way possible by losing to Rex to miss the playoffs. It was absolutely written in stone as the most jettiest of jet outcomes that could've happened. I can only hope that it caused T0mShane to go into a deep depression and quit the internets 4lyfe, at least something good would've come of the latest episode of SOJ

When is teh mafia starting?

Its funny, when we lost to the Bills the first time, I told my Bills co-worker that I guaranteed the Jets would be a win and in scenario vs. the Bills on the final game of the season and 100% guaranteed him we'd lose.  He reminded me of this yesterday.  So stupid that I started to believe.

You made the comment that Idzik ruined Ryan's career or something to that effect.  Considering the team went 8-8 and then 6-10 before he arrived, the argument kind of falls flat.

Meanwhile, Rex Ryan took a team that was on the rise, had one of the leagues best defenses in Buffalo, and they took a huge step back, despite their ability to beat the Jets.  Rex Ryan provided another Rex Ryan season, in fact.  He won his personal Super Bowls without accomplishing anything real.  At this point, Ryan's successes are the anomaly.  

Serious question and this isnt a defense of Rex.  Did the Bills actually regress this season?  I mean, 9-7 or 8-8, what's the difference?  No playoffs either way.  They had a tougher schedule than the Jets in that they had to play Cinci and at KC.  They only finished 2 games worse and they were 4-2 in the division.  The D obviously regressed which was surprising but the offense improved significantly.  Weird thing to say about a Rex Ryan team. 

They found a QB and that's a hug step forward.  I know we love to bash Rex but I think its silly to think he cant find guys who fit his system and fix the D.  For all his flaws, he knows D.  I dont know, if I'm a Bills fan I'm obviously concerned about some of the locker room noise but finding what looks like a franchise QB would be a huge relief and something to build on.  I think I'd take one less win if it meant finding a QB.  sh*t, I'll take a 1 win season to find a franchise QB.  lol

you're nitpicking . If you don't see the poetic justice for anyone who doesn't like the jets and/or likes Rex, you are missing what's obvious. Who we lost to and what it cost us is what's embarrassing

And I'm sorry but while reading the laundry list of the teams faults and shaking my head in agreement with all of them, ultimately I fail to see the point. Yes we're not a powerhouse team, but the larger point I think is that the AFC is lacking a powerhouse team this year. I see nothing out there that is unbeatable for this Jets team the way they've played the back 1/3 of the season 

This 100%.  It doesnt get more Jetsier and the way the fans acted all season to everything Rex and the Bills related, like I said, its like the karma gods were watching.

This Jets team could 100% beat any team in the AFC.  Without question.  They're as talented if not more than any team in the field.  This is by far the worst playoff landscape in the AFC that I can remember in a long long time.  The Pats arent the Pats.  Cinci has AJ McCarron.  Denver has Brock Osweiler or a shell of Peyton Manning.  KC has Alex Smith.  It's basically Big Ben and Brady and we can beat either of those teams.  This was a team as talented if not more than any team in the AFC.  Acting like we were overachieving and didnt have a chance is just lying to yourself. 

This 100%.  It doesnt get more Jetsier and the way the fans acted all season to everything Rex and the Bills related, like I said, its like the karma gods were watching.

This Jets team could 100% beat any team in the AFC.  Without question.  They're as talented if not more than any team in the field.  This is by far the worst playoff landscape in the AFC that I can remember in a long long time.  The Pats arent the Pats.  Cinci has AJ McCarron.  Denver has Brock Osweiler or a shell of Peyton Manning.  KC has Alex Smith.  It's basically Big Ben and Brady and we can beat either of those teams.  This was a team as talented if not more than any team in the AFC.  Acting like we were overachieving and didnt have a chance is just lying to yourself. 

While the Jets CAN beat anyone in the AFC, to think they WOULD beat 3 teams on the road is a huge stretch. And even if they did miraculously do that, the NFC is so far superior over the AFC this year it isn't even funny.  

Serious question and this isnt a defense of Rex.  Did the Bills actually regress this season?  I mean, 9-7 or 8-8, what's the difference?  No playoffs either way.  They had a tougher schedule than the Jets in that they had to play Cinci and at KC.  They only finished 2 games worse and they were 4-2 in the division.  The D obviously regressed which was surprising but the offense improved significantly.  Weird thing to say about a Rex Ryan team. 

They found a QB and that's a hug step forward.  I know we love to bash Rex but I think its silly to think he cant find guys who fit his system and fix the D.  For all his flaws, he knows D.  I dont know, if I'm a Bills fan I'm obviously concerned about some of the locker room noise but finding what looks like a franchise QB would be a huge relief and something to build on.  I think I'd take one less win if it meant finding a QB.  sh*t, I'll take a 1 win season to find a franchise QB.  lol

Big picture, they finished about the same.  But, the offense took a huge step forward because they found a QB (kind of).  The defense took a huge step back though.  I see this as every other Rex season.  Good enough to win his personal super bowls, but not good enough to matter.  Fact is, we lost to them twice last year, and we lost to them twice this year.  This happened largely because their strengths are our weaknesses and vice versa.

Its funny, when we lost to the Bills the first time, I told my Bills co-worker that I guaranteed the Jets would be a win and in scenario vs. the Bills on the final game of the season and 100% guaranteed him we'd lose.  He reminded me of this yesterday.  So stupid that I started to believe.

Nostradamnape.

Record says they did, no?

Statistics say they did, no?

Fans say they did, no?

Owner, for all intents and purposes, says they did... last year he asked Marrone back, this year, he's already giving Rex the dreaded "vote of confidence". 

I mean, if you want to explain everything away... when you really think about it, the Jets were pretty much exactly the same this year as they were last year. 

I literally started this thread as a "laugh in JIF's goofy face" gesture because of your corny "karma" attempts at fan-shaming.

While the Jets CAN beat anyone in the AFC, to think they WOULD beat 3 teams on the road is a huge stretch. And even if they did miraculously do that, the NFC is so far superior over the AFC this year it isn't even funny.  

Get in and anything can happen.  There is no dominate AFC team.  Not even close.  

Oh well, no use crying over it.  I think we could have made some noise but we'll never know. 

Big picture, they finished about the same.  But, the offense took a huge step forward because they found a QB (kind of).  The defense took a huge step back though.  I see this as every other Rex season.  Good enough to win his personal super bowls, but not good enough to matter.  Fact is, we lost to them twice last year, and we lost to them twice this year.  This happened largely because their strengths are our weaknesses and vice versa.

Big picture, if you're not going to make the playoffs, I think finding a QB is more important than anything else.  The Bills could have possibly found one. 

Last year, these 2 teams werent even on the same planet in terms of talent.  This year, they were pretty even.  Both games were decided by botched ST's.   I think they're more evenly matched than you're making it out to be. 

Record says they did, no?

Statistics say they did, no?

Fans say they did, no?

Owner, for all intents and purposes, says they did... last year he asked Marrone back, this year, he's already giving Rex the dreaded "vote of confidence". 

I mean, if you want to explain everything away... when you really think about it, the Jets were pretty much exactly the same this year as they were last year. 

Record?  Meh, 1 win either way. No biggie.

Stats?  D regressed.  Offense improved, significantly.

Fans?  Please.  lol

The rest of your comments are poop.

I literally started this thread as a "laugh in JIF's goofy face" gesture because of your corny "karma" attempts at fan-shaming.

You dont think I figured that out with my first 3 posts simply saying "karma".  lol

You are so easily trolled. 

Archived