Antrel Rolle~ Is he legit?

TomShane

He's big, competitive, tough and smart. He's not a burner, but he's quick. I think the Ty law Rules will hurt him, and his 4.5/40 makes him almost a liability in coverage against alot of #1 wideouts. If I have a top-10 pick, I'm really thinking twice about drafting this dude.

Well, thanks to the Ty Law rule, there are no more great corners. Well, no more that can clutch, grab, and beat up the candy assed WR's. By the way, what was the Colts excuse this year? I don't remember :lol:

"I couldn't grip the ball cuz it was snowing"

~Gomer Manning

He's big, competitive, tough and smart. He's not a burner, but he's quick. I think the Ty law Rules will hurt him, and his 4.5/40 makes him almost a liability in coverage against alot of #1 wideouts. If I have a top-10 pick, I'm really thinking twice about drafting this dude.

Living here in Miami, I got to see alot of Rolle. I can tell you that his play dropped off this season, but last year he looked incredible.

I'm not sure why. I don't think he was burned alot, but I think teams started to take more chances and threw more in his direction, whereas the year before, he simply shut down people. Teams were also afraid to throw at him since he was so good at intercepting passes. Ask Larry Fitzgerald. Teams had a bit more success, but Rolle, to me, is the best corner in this draft.

I think Rolle will be a tremendous player. He is pretty intelligent(Wonderlic of 21)and he has all the tools. Don't pay too much attention to his 40. He ran very well at the Combine. I'll put it too you like this. Rolle will be picked before Pac Man. That much I feel.

I think it may come down to which player fits your system. A man like Rolle might be more suited to Cover 2/3 while a man like Jones might be better for man on man. Rolle might be a better fit for Tennessee than Pac Man. I bet he goes there...

Which leads me to another thing... where did Peyton rent the personality for those commercials he does?

He IS pretty smooth in those commercials, I must say. As long as Steve Spurrier and Bill Belichick aren't around, he's a pretty smooth character.

I might consider not taking him top 10, I'd rather have carlos rogers or justin miller. rolle tugs and pulls far too much, he'll get flagged alot in the nfl I guarantee it.

rogers and miller may not be as hyped, but deep down inside I'd probably feel better if we got 1 of them instead of antrel.

He IS pretty smooth in those commercials, I must say. As long as Steve Spurrier and Bill Belichick aren't around, he's a pretty smooth character.

Peyton has a pathelogical fear of Orange and Blue. It's documented.

As far as Antrel goes, he's going to be a good corner. He doesn't have the work out numbers, but he does come from a football factory. By all rights, he should be the first corner taken. That being said, there is massive corner depth in this class, and there is very little disparity between the top ranked corner and the number six corner. Then again, that's just my opinion.

And Peyton = BB's biatch

i don't know why people are down on his workout numbers - he ran a true 4.45 in CLEATS on WET GRASS

to me that's slightly more impressive than running a 4.3 on a rubber track

Q: Is Rolle Legit

A: Yes he should be the first corner off the board.

Archived