Crying over spilled milk, but...

UpstateJetsGuru

Yes, most fans dont whine that we were a 10 win team only because of a weak schedule so its not all that impressive.

As someone smart once said, you are what your schedule says you are.  

yep, most fans whine over making title games and having chances at SBs but support teams that miss the playoffs.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, most fans dont whine that we were a 10 win team only because of a weak schedule so its not all that impressive.

As someone smart once said, you are what your schedule says you are.  

Im not satisfied with 10 wins playing a easy schedule, thats the problem with fans accepting mediocrity. 

And the smart person who said that, won championships. 

Im not satisfied with 10 wins playing a easy schedule, thats the problem with fans accepting mediocrity. 

What you need to be accepting of is the fact that the Pats are in the division and that Tom Brady is a first ballot HOF'er at the most important position in all of team sports. That and they still haven't stopped cheating.

Ranting and raving about Fitz doesn't change these external factors, which make a championship unlikely even in the best of circumstance. Firing coaches or QBs or GMs doesn't change the situation in foxboro. 

The league has set this whole thing up as entertainment. They are the globetrotters and we are the generals. Don't forget that. It's not that the Generals need better players or coaches. It's not fair and we aren't supposed to win. 

by the way Rex going to Buffalo could haunt this franchise for years as well. He knows how to dominate Fitz and anyone else still on the roster when he was here. 

yep, most fans whine over making title games and having chances at SBs but support teams that miss the playoffs.

You mean like the clueless fool on another thread arguing that 2 SB wins by the Giants over the Pats arent as important as beating the Pats in their 1st playoff game of 2010? 

Yeah Mark Sanchez!

10 wins isnt mediocrity.  

And not whining over and over again that 10 wins arent really 10 wins due to strength of schedule in no way says we're happy with 10 wins and didnt want 11 or more wins

Perhaps thats your problem.  

1) top 5 in last 25

2) schedule not so easy. Middle of the pack. 

So there were 4 or 5 easier schedules that we played the past 10 years? Highly doubt that. 

Also, the Jets had 4 possible better teams in terms of overall talent the past 25 years? 

I will assume that the 1998 team is one of them.  What are the other 3 teams? 

by the way Rex going to Buffalo could haunt this franchise for years as well. He knows how to dominate Fitz and anyone else still on the roster when he was here. 

If he doesn't make the play-offs next year, it'll be a brief haunting! ;)

You mean like the clueless fool on another thread arguing that 2 SB wins by the Giants over the Pats arent as important as beating the Pats in their 1st playoff game of 2010? 

Yeah Mark Sanchez!

what is it like being an adult w/ a lack of basic reading comprehension?

I expected this. Jets fans, being dumb as they are, boiled down this whole season and the staff and roster to one game,

when the one game is a win and in/lose and out game it is magnified whether you want to acknowledge it or not.  everything broke perfect for us, all we had to do was beat a mediocre/bad Bills team and we make it.  we failed, the season was not a success.

What you need to be accepting of is the fact that the Pats are in the division and that Tom Brady is a first ballot HOF'er at the most important position in all of team sports. That and they still haven't stopped cheating.

Ranting and raving about Fitz doesn't change these external factors, which make a championship unlikely even in the best of circumstance. Firing coaches or QBs or GMs doesn't change the situation in foxboro. 

The league has set this whole thing up as entertainment. They are the globetrotters and we are the generals. Don't forget that. It's not that the Generals need better players or coaches. It's not fair and we aren't supposed to win. 

I accept the fact that the Patriots are in this division and Tom Brady owns the league. 

You know what I dont accept? Getting swept by the Bills who didnt have HOF'er Tom Brady on the field. 

Now I have a skeptical eye as well, and will entertain a conspiracy especially if it has a plot spicy enough. But the last time I checked we split with the Pats this year ( and was 7 minutes away from sweeping them) and we only play them twice out of 16 games. The problem wasnt the HOF QB and cheating organization. The problem was losing to the Bills twice, losing the the Eagles, losing to the Texans, losing to Oakland. 

The Patriots werent the reason why we went 4-12 last year. The Pats werent the reason why we lost week 17. I never blow an opportunity to talk sh*t about the Pats, but seriously, this has nothing to do with them being in the same division. The jets need to win games against teams that they're better than. 

I believe that the Jets are better than the Bills, Raiders, Eagles, Texans. 

when the one game is a win and in/lose and out game it is magnified whether you want to acknowledge it or not.  everything broke perfect for us, all we had to do was beat a mediocre/bad Bills team and we make it.  we failed, the season was not a success.

But to boil down 15 weeks to 1 game is illogical, especially in a game where luck plays a great deal.

But to boil down 15 weeks to 1 game is illogical, especially in a game where luck plays a great deal.

there was nothing lucky or unlucky about last week, we got whooped. 

this is a tough business, it's win or else.  had they lost to NE and beat Buf and missed I think people would be much more understanding but to beat NE, have Pitt lose to Bal then blow it against an inferior team.  it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.  Logical/illogical it doesn't matter.  This season was not a success, 1997 when we blew it at Det missing the playoffs the last week was a success b/c we had a lot of young talent that was learning how to win and growing up after so many dark years.  it hasn't been that long since we were good and most of the vets on our team have experienced postseason success.  also, we don't have a ton of young players, we were an older team.  we may not have a shot like this next year.

I think the most important part is a win sunday buys time.  now we could be better next year and not win as many, still miss the playoffs but then the fanbase and media are up in arms and the job [pressure starts to grow on Bowles/Mac. it was a frustrating ending to what was a very good season going into week 17.

I mean for gods sakes this was the 11th time in team history that the Jets have won 10 or more games.

w/o the playoffs that is meaningless.  no extra football, no playoff excitement, no guarantee of future success.  Nothing, in 2-3 years if we have made deep postseason runs we'll look back as a success but today it's not b/c we have no idea if we will make the playoffs next year or the year after.

it was the easiest schedule in the NFL, second to the panthers I believe. The jets also got lucky facing teams decimated by injuries over the last 6 games (tenn, NE, and buffalo) 

Plus there were no Jet injuries at all; Ivory nicked up and Powell out made a huge difference to our offense.  Loosing Folk has hurt us in missed FGs.

Loosing to the Bills and missing the playoffs wasn't enough, now we have to discount our wins too?  How many teams that we beat would have had break-even/winning records if it wasn't for us? We beat the colts before Luck was out (did we knock him out do we get extra points for that?) Do colts go to playoffs if not for us?

Tenn. only won 3 games this year, but yeah, the only reason we beat them is because they were hurt.

there was nothing lucky or unlucky about last week, we got whooped. 

this is a tough business, it's win or else.  had they lost to NE and beat Buf and missed I think people would be much more understanding but to beat NE, have Pitt lose to Bal then blow it against an inferior team.  it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.  Logical/illogical it doesn't matter.  This season was not a success, 1997 when we blew it at Det missing the playoffs the last week was a success b/c we had a lot of young talent that was learning how to win and growing up after so many dark years.  it hasn't been that long since we were good and most of the vets on our team have experienced postseason success.  also, we don't have a ton of young players, we were an older team.  we may not have a shot like this next year.

I think the most important part is a win sunday buys time.  now we could be better next year and not win as many, still miss the playoffs but then the fanbase and media are up in arms and the job [pressure starts to grow on Bowles/Mac. it was a frustrating ending to what was a very good season going into week 17.

No one said it wasn't frustrating. You can have success and be frustrated. There is no black and white

w/o the playoffs that is meaningless.  no extra football, no playoff excitement, no guarantee of future success.  Nothing, in 2-3 years if we have made deep postseason runs we'll look back as a success but today it's not b/c we have no idea if we will make the playoffs next year or the year after.

Exactly. The only thing those 10 wins meant was having the worst draft pick among not playoff teams! lol. 

Bullsh*t. No one could predict success in 1998 after 1997 either. Most people thought 2009 was a fluke.

Attack the argument, not the poster, amiright?

I try, I really do.  I can't keep getting attacked and not respond especially when it's so simple and the person just makes stuff up.  for every time I attack someone I am attacked 10 times.

The playoff participant trophy is very nice, will give you that.

Exactly. The only thing those 10 wins meant was having the worst draft pick among not playoff teams! lol. 

I don't even care about draft position, good organizations can find talent anywhere.

Bullsh*t. No one could predict success in 1998 after 1997 either.

we had the best coach in the game at turning franchises around, we KNEW better days were ahead.  didn't know it would be 1998 that we made a big run  but we knew.

I don't even care about draft position, good organizations can find talent anywhere.

we had the best coach in the game at turning franchises around, we KNEW better days were ahead.  didn't know it would be 1998 that we made a big run  but we knew.

So if we go 8-8 and make the playoffs next year, would that be a success?

Archived