Let Ivory Walk?

PCP63

Idk if they'd listen but a perfect rb/wr for this team would be Tavon Austin from the Rams. He's one of the fastest most elusive players in the NFL he'd be awesome catching passes out of the back field, awesome returning kicks/punts and can line up in the slot and run quick short routes. Pie in the sky but he would fill numerous needs on this team just dont know what his price tag would be

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least they all played in week 17. Running back is the most easily replace in the NFL. Seven 1,000 yard rushers and only one made the playoffs, who just so happens to be a transcendent talent, which Gurley and anyone in the 2016 draft is not.

1273707905210_zpse22f3fb5.jpg

Limited in practice all week. Banged up all year. Couldn't take that wide open run to the house, resulted in a missed FG. What more do you need to not be puzzled? He wasn't healthy.

He reeled off a 58 yard run looked pretty damn healthy to me when asked ivory and Bowles said part of the game plan. 

This is on Todd Bowles. 

I don't disagree with your general philosophy on drafting RBs early... But you keep making it seem like Gurley is some jag. The guy's a freak.

He sure was for like 5 weeks and then disappeared and was hurt again. Let's see it for 16 games.

He reeled off a 58 yard run looked pretty damn healthy to me when asked ivory and Bowles said part of the game plan. 

This is on Todd Bowles. 

If he was healthy he would have scored. It may have been game plan but you only game plan for Stevan Ridley when you have no other viable options. 

He sure was for like 5 weeks and then disappeared and was hurt again. Let's see it for 16 games.

If he was healthy he would have scored. It may have been game plan but you only game plan for Stevan Ridley when you have no other viable options. 

Ivory with 1 leg is 10x better than Ridley. 

Not sure what this picture of you is proving other than you're not here to have actual discussion. Good luck out there. 

I'd have to be an idiot to continue having a discussion with you and expect different results.

Your biggest claim to fame is denouncing a generation talent at RB because he wasn't a million % healthy less than a year returning from a major injuring - AND pretending like I didn't just point out the gaping hole in your "disruptive force" argument - that being FOUR 1st round d-lineman led the league in imaginary sacks

I'm the only one having a discussion here. You're just being difficult. If you wanna join me back in reality (a place where you're not 100% right about everything), then pull up a chair. The beer's cold if that's your sort of thing. 

I'd have to be an idiot to continue having a discussion with you and expect different results.

Your biggest claim to fame is denouncing a generation talent at RB because he wasn't a million % healthy less than a year returning from a major injuring - AND pretending like I didn't just point out the gaping hole in your "disruptive force" argument - that being FOUR 1st round d-lineman led the league in imaginary sacks

I'm the only one having a discussion here. You're just being difficult. If you wanna join me back in reality (a place where you're not 100% right about everything), then pull up a chair. The beer's cold if that's your sort of thing. 

Prove to me Gurley is a generational talent after one season. You can't. Does he have the potential? Sure. But he plays at a low ranking position in terms of importance. Having a great running back is not as consequential in having a successful team than is having a budding star on the defensive front. Games are won and lost in the trenches. It's a fundamental fact. You ignoring that and just telling me I'm wrong is not going to score you any points. 

He's a pretty beat up player. Earlier in his career before he came to the Jets he was underused and had more tread. But some of it's been used up and for part of the season he didn't hit holes quickly and didn't have a consistent burst. Using him not as much (Ivory light) was a good idea except for on Sunday when you had to let it all hang out. But if me I re-sign him if affordable. Him, Bilal and maybe a good rookie Rb plus maybe draft an elite return guy, like a Sproles types (smaller guy) who you can also use at times in the offense is what I'd aim for. But you never know how the chips will fall in the draft. 

Ivory wasnt the same back the 2nd half of the year.  Always seemed to be nicked up as well.  See what it would cost to get lamar miller in here and resign powell.  That would be an excellent 1-2 punch.

He never is.  Because of his running style, he can't maintain his effectiveness for an entire season and/or stay healthy.  So, he's essentially a part-time back.  You can't pay a guy like that big bucks.

Prove to me Gurley is a generational talent after one season. You can't. Does he have the potential? Sure. But he plays at a low ranking position in terms of importance. Having a great running back is not as consequential in having a successful team than is having a budding star on the defensive front. Games are won and lost in the trenches. It's a fundamental fact. You ignoring that and just telling me I'm wrong is not going to score you any points. 

AND pretending like I didn't just point out the gaping hole in your "disruptive force" argument - that being FOUR 1st round d-lineman led the league in imaginary sacks

Might as well let Ivory walk Bowles wont let him run. Still puzzled by that decision from Sunday. 

Nothing puzzling. Ivory wasn't 100% health wise. He was limited in practice and was questionable. 

AND pretending like I didn't just point out the gaping hole in your "disruptive force" argument - that being FOUR 1st round d-lineman led the league in imaginary sacks

Straw man. I never made that argument. You're just making things up now. I said a disruptive defensive line that can sustain pressure. But you're a huge football smarty pants so you'd know that pressure is more than just sacks. 

Leonard Williams had more impact for the Jets on the defensive line than Gurley had in St. Louis as a running back. 

Archived