Revis Island is now a tourist destination

prime21

he still had an excellent year, he just didn't have an all time best CB year like we were used to.  Sunday was on CS not revis.

I hate ever agreeing with you lol, but I have to here.  If Revis was in zone like he says, then that was obviously not working.  If he was truly in m2m covg and just getting burned like that then Bowles has to get him some help.  I can't understand why you wouldn't use over/under coverage with him if you're not going zone?  It allows Revis to be much more aggressive on those short hooks and slants.  Every drive, 1 yard, 2 yards, 8 yard pass to Watkins.  There was appoint where we had BUF at 3rd and 2 and I was relieved because it meant there was a much better chance they try to run for the first instead of throwing.   

Geno bashing is winding down lets bash Revis now WOW some of you guys are pathetic, 

gotta admit it was frustrating watching Watkins school him in the biggest game of the season

Revis is still top 10 at the CB position but the days of him being all-world are gone.  He hasn't been the same since tearing his acl in 2012

gotta admit it was frustrating watching Watkins school him in the biggest game of the season

Revis is still top 10 at the CB position but the days of him being all-world are gone.  He hasn't been the same since tearing his acl in 2012

What was more frustrating is that our head coach or defensive coordinator didnt change the defensive scheme or get him help.

Um, we are all aware that the Jets screwed up on my many levels. There are many threads about it. This thread was devoted to Revis' inability to stop Watkins and not about Quigley. If there was a separate thread started to discuss Quigley's crappy punting I wouldn't post "Yeah, but Revis sucked too." 

The post that I originally quoted was defending Revis by blaming the CS, yet you failed to call out the poster for that - but because I added in Quigley with the CS you've gotten your panties all in a knot over it.

Personally I feel that this loss was much much more on Quigley than on Revis.  if the is thread about blaming Revis for the loss because of his "inability to stop Watkins" - any point that defends revis in this thread should be considered relevant.   

I think there is an ignore feature, if you don't like my posts, please go ahead and use it. No need to act like such a condescending prick.  

The post that I originally quoted was defending Revis by blaming the CS, yet you failed to call out the poster for that - but because I added in Quigley with the CS you've gotten your panties all in a knot over it.

Personally I feel that this loss was much much more on Quigley than on Revis.  if the is thread about blaming Revis for the loss because of his "inability to stop Watkins" - any point that defends revis in this thread should be considered relevant.   

I think there is an ignore feature, if you don't like my posts, please go ahead and use it. No need to act like such a condescending prick.  

Revis is getting paid 16 million, Quigley is getting 500K. If you're take away from this game was that Quigley failed us, then you are missing the point. You cannot be a winning franchise if your 16 million dollar corner can't cover Sammy Watkins. If Revis plays like he is supposed it, the Quigley punts are forgotten. If Quigley had punted well, we still lose this game because Revis couldn't stop Watkins on 3rd downs. If you don't see that.....

Hes on the wrong side of 30 with a rebuilt knee.  He cant cover these young, elite recievers like watkins and hopkins without help anymore.

hes still goid though but gotta give him help.

Is Revis the same guy he was when he was 5 years younger and before the injury, of course not.  The question is how good is he really?

I need to rewatch the game, but it seems to me he was in zone way too much.  Bowels/Rodgers were clearly in the bend but don't break mode.  Now, I hated watching it.  I hate to see them play that with Revis, but it kind of worked.  Bills only scored 9 in second half and how many times did Rex have to go for it on 4th down (he coaches like a mad-man with no skin in the game).

If you were to say at the beginning of the game, that you could hold Buffalo to 9 points in the second half, what would you have said about our chances?

I HATE watching 'prevent' defense, but let's be real: 19 yard punt, getting a fumble recovery on the Buffalo 23 on one drive, and a 58 yard run on another and getting a total of 3 points; this is what killed our first half.  Not to mention running out of bounds and some drops here and there.

The INT in the end zone killed us, we could have pulled ahead (if not another missed FG).  Dropped shovel passes, and a dropped 'hail mary' (Fitz version), etc.

And still with 3 INTs we still had a shot at 22 seconds.  Defense bent way too much all game, but the blame is on the ST and Offense.  IMHO.

Revis is getting paid 16 million, Quigley is getting 500K. If you're take away from this game was that Quigley failed us, then you are missing the point. You cannot be a winning franchise if your 16 million dollar corner can't cover Sammy Watkins. If Revis plays like he is supposed it, the Quigley punts are forgotten. If Quigley had punted well, we still lose this game because Revis couldn't stop Watkins on 3rd downs. If you don't see that.....

There are lots of other threads about salaries and compensation and this is not one of them. Thanks for your post.  Jk. :)

Seriously though CS has already said that they were in zone more than half the time - so you have to be fair and blame CS for not putting Revis in a position to stop watkins on many of those plays, it doesn't all fall on Revis.  Did he play a perfect game? No. But no Jet did on sunday, which is why we are all sitting around here bitching about them.

Look at the first game against Buf, watkins was covered up pretty good there, but the gameplan this time was clearly not to let him beat us deep. Which was not a very good plan, and to make things worse they stuck to it very stubbornly through the 2nd half, even though it was clear Buf was just gonna throw to Watkins underneath because we were giving it to them - you can't expect Revis to go Rouge and play different coverages than the CS wanted.  Not stopping Watkins on 3rd downs is on the CS as much as it is on Revis, and I'd say more on the CS as even when it was man coverage you could see the plan was to keep Watkins in front of him at all times.

NFL punters should not be shanking punts, and they should definitely NEVER be shanking them out of their own end zone in what is for all purposes a playoff game - there wasn't even much pressure on that punt - we gave the bills 1st and 10 on our own 20, which led to a TD.  We lost by less than a TD.  No guarantees and hypothetics are hypothetics, but if he makes that punt  (like 31 other punters in the NFL routinely do) this whole game is a different story. IMO Revis did not fail us, in fact he had a GREAT season - he forced a bunch of important turnovers that directly led to wins, even in this game he came up with a HUGE recovery when we were trying to make a comeback.

The reality is our special teams unit failed us miserably in both the buffalo games, and really all year, there were several games they were directly to blame for the loss, and Quigley has been a key contributer to the failures of that unit.  Revis, although not as great as he once was -  is still one of the best corners in the game, and is the least of our problems as a team, whereas Quigley is one of the worst punters and is a key liability in our special teams.

16 Mil for revis is fine - he's one of the best there is - let's not forget Watkins was the top WR in his draft and is one of the league's rising stars, its not like Revis was having a hard time covering Clyde Gates. 500K for Quigly is friggin robbery and wasted money - lets not forget he routinely shanks punts, I've been a Jets fan for 30 years and he is by far the worst punter I've ever seen us trot out there.  I think we probably agree to disagree here, but I'm not going to put this loss directly on Revis, no way. 

Archived