Bills another team that does not recognize greatness

Scott Dierking

The Buffalo News reports Bills owner Terry Pegula told coach Rex Ryan and GM Doug Whaley they will be fired if Buffalo does not reach the playoffs next season. Buffalo entered the season with high hopes, but the defense collapsed and the team missed the playoffs for the 16th season in a row. There were some high points, as Buffalo finally found a respectable quarterback in Tyrod Taylor and started to see how good Sammy Watkins can be, but there is still a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball. In a division featuring the Patriots and Jets, it will be tough for Buffalo to make a playoff push next year. Source: Buffalo News

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Buffalo News reports Bills owner Terry Pegula told coach Rex Ryan and GM Doug Whaley they will be fired if Buffalo does not reach the playoffs next season. Buffalo entered the season with high hopes, but the defense collapsed and the team missed the playoffs for the 16th season in a row. There were some high points, as Buffalo finally found a respectable quarterback in Tyrod Taylor and started to see how good Sammy Watkins can be, but there is still a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball. In a division featuring the Patriots and Jets, it will be tough for Buffalo to make a playoff push next year. Source: Buffalo News

What? Apparently the owner of the Bills don't read this site. Bowels did nothing with the greatest talent in the world, and Rex, had no talent, over rated Mario is the biggest loser, and Rex, he won the f'n Bills super bowl.

I think it is ridiculous that an NFL owner can overlook all of that and just see an 8-8 team.  What a clown Pegula is.  What a clown.

a great organization that knows nothing but winning would make year 2 playoffs or else?  then we know rex must suck, too bad he badly outcoached our coach in our biggest game in 5 years.

How someone who has coached in the league for 6 years, and has a career sub .500 record can be so misjudged, is just beyond all reason.

Some great organization, that is stacked and really smart, should consider Rex as its coach. Wait, the Ravens considered him and passed, even as he was on their own staff.

Most overlooked guy that will be in the HOF

I can't wait til Ozzie Newsome gives an interview ....  "Yes, we chose a DB coach over the great REX.  Why?

He was a blowhard.  In fact, we encouraged the Jets to take him.  "

Its funny; we had a terrible GM and went 4-12 the previous year, and many call this site called this year a complete failure. Some even say that Rex is better coach (or out coached Bowels in last game - okay that may be true).  And that Bowels had great talent and should have won 11 games or more.

Buffalo fans who had a 9-7 team last year are unhappy with Rex going 8-8.  The team says no playoffs, no job after next year.

And somehow, people want us to trade. This I know, Bowels would suck in the booth/TV - so he had better work out.

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!

Now we may be able to get Rex back without having to give up any draft pics!

Fingers crossed Bills don't make the playoffs next year!!

I doubt we could get him back, but at least it allows you to dream a little. Imagine this team coached by Rex? We would've made a deep playoff run this year most likely.

Its funny; we had a terrible GM and went 4-12 the previous year, and many call this site called this year a complete failure. Some even say that Rex is better coach (or out coached Bowels in last game - okay that may be true).  And that Bowels had great talent and should have won 11 games or more.

Buffalo fans who had a 9-7 team last year are unhappy with Rex going 8-8.  The team says no playoffs, no job after next year.

And somehow, people want us to trade. This I know, Bowels would suck in the booth/TV - so he had better work out.

Let me preface that Rex didn't progress as a coach and needed to go but

two years ago the Jets would of won 8-10 games with an average QB. I would say they could've won 8 games last year with an average QB with a joke secondary.

He's flawed at player personnel and overall team management.

yeah I figured this thread was crap when I read it and took about 2 minutes to verify I was right.  Keep fighting the good fight Scott.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/05/whaley-bills-talk-extension/

"Responding Tuesday to a text from The News, Pegula called the report of the one-year ultimatum “BS,” adding, “Bills are long term within.”

The high-ranking Bills source also said there was no ultimatum given to Whaley and Ryan to perform in 2016 or be fired. Those close to Pegula also say it’s not in his nature to do such a thing."

The Buffalo News reports Bills owner Terry Pegula told coach Rex Ryan and GM Doug Whaley they will be fired if Buffalo does not reach the playoffs next season.

cut

There's been a number articles,  including a copy of a text from Pegula,  that says this is not true.  Also,  Whaley is about to sign a three year contract.  There's been a verbal agreement made already.

yeah I figured this thread was crap when I read it and took about 2 minutes to verify I was right.  Keep fighting the good fight Scott.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/05/whaley-bills-talk-extension/

"Responding Tuesday to a text from The News, Pegula called the report of the one-year ultimatum “BS,” adding, “Bills are long term within.”

The high-ranking Bills source also said there was no ultimatum given to Whaley and Ryan to perform in 2016 or be fired. Those close to Pegula also say it’s not in his nature to do such a thing."

All I did was copy and paste. I did not write the article.

Keep fighting the losing fight, PAC

Archived