Bills another team that does not recognize greatness

Scott Dierking

Who is celebrating our new coach?

What's your screen name again?

Every team is going to lose games in mod-year to anyone else. That happens.

Coaches are judges in "quality games" and those are when more chips are on the line.

Bowles receives some accolades on winning the Ptas game, but those are more than discounted with the Bills loss. he needs to do better in those spots in the future.

Is that mid-year?  I like Bowles, I just think that plenty of people are lauding him for accountability, discipline, in game adjustments and decisions.  I have not seen a big difference.  I have seen much better players and an opened up and more successful offense.  I give him a ton of credit for that, particularly the offense. I doubt Rex would have let anybody run a pass oriented spread because it put more pressure on his D. Bowles certainly takes the more total team approach, as any head coach should.  IF Smith got punched and Richardson arrested under Rex, what would be said?  Both Bills games were some pretty bad coaching.  I think the sh*tty kicker influenced some of the decisions I hated.

*EDIT*: ******* Dierking, you edited it and didn't correct mod-year?  C'mon man!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, my screen name was meant to be a play on a bowel movement, I did not like the hire when I found out that Gailey was coming along as the OC, I was not overly crazy about Gailey. I don't have a strong opinion on Bowles as of right now, he did better than I feared he would this season in that the season could have gone totally in the crapper when we fell to 5-5, but I thought at times he was way too conservative which costs us some games, and I would have liked to see more adjustments and better clock management in the Bills game. 

Is that mid-year?  I like Bowles, I just think that plenty of people are lauding him for accountability, discipline, in game adjustments and decisions.  I have not seen a big difference.  I have seen much better players and an opened up and more successful offense.  I give him a ton of credit for that, particularly the offense. I doubt Rex would have let anybody run a pass oriented spread because it put more pressure on his D. Bowles certainly takes the more total team approach, as any head coach should.  IF Smith got punched and Richardson arrested under Rex, what would be said?  Both Bills games were some pretty bad coaching.  I think the sh*tty kicker influenced some of the decisions I hated.

*EDIT*: ******* Dierking, you edited it and didn't correct mod-year?  C'mon man!

Mod-year was intentional. 

Bowles, as in the mod squad. Not my fault you can't follow along.

He was a special teams coach for 9 years, and really was only made a DB coach by Andy Reid (just for 1 season) prior to earning the Ravens job, since at the time it was viewed as highly improbable for a coach to make the leap from ST's to HC and have success. 

To be fair, he wasn't Ozzie Newsome's first choice.  That was Jason Garrett.  But Rex was pretty far down that totem poll for sure, it would seem.

I think special teams coaches (good ones)make the best head coaches.

Yes, because it'd be good business to hang on to a publicly reviled head coach who's turned your organization into a national punchline despite having minimal return. 

Tom:  Vic Carucci is a reputable reporter here in Buffalo.  There is probably some truth  that Pegula told Whaley and Ryan to at least  get it right in 2016.  However,  it's really not Pegula's style to give an ultimatum.  Meanwhile,  there's rumors over on the Bills' Mafia that Pettine was seen at One Bills Drive.  The rumor also says that Thurman maybe getting demoted but not let go.  Waiting to see if there's any confirmation on this hearsay information.

Tom:  Vic Carucci is a reputable reporter here in Buffalo.  There is probably some truth  that Pegula told Whaley and Ryan to at least  get it right in 2016.  However,  it's really not Pegula's style to give an ultimatum.  Meanwhile,  there's rumors over on the Bills' Mafia that Pettine was seen at One Bills Drive.  The rumor also says that Thurman maybe getting demoted but not let go.  Waiting to see if there's any confirmation on this hearsay information.

I'd be shocked if Pettine came back to work for Rex. In the excellent Collision Low Crossers, Pettine quite clearly disapproves of Rex's style. It'd be a good hire, though. He'd instantly become the one adult in the room up there 

if Petine was at one bills drive it was most likely to beat the living hell out of Jeff Weeks

I'm not privy to what happened between Weeks and Pettine?  Can you fill me in?

Weeks is an old college buddy of the Ryan brothers. He has no ability and, without the Ryan brothers, would literally be living under a bridge. In Collision Low Crossers, it's detailed how Pettine bristled at having to keep Weeks on the payroll despite Weeks bringing absolutely nothing to the table as a coach. 

Your right Scottie look at BB's record his first 6 years he never lost a game..:)

Well Sav, we judge people on the entirety of their careers. It would be pretty stupid to place Rex in BB's class.

Unless you suggesting that Rex will have a phoenix like resurrection. Are you suggesting that?

BB actually did a very good job in Cleveland, but was dealt a crappy hand at the end. God good, if Rex had that situation happen, you and the Rexophiles would have him knighted with sainthood.

BB actually did a very good job in Cleveland, but was dealt a crappy hand at the end. God good, if Rex had that situation happen, you and the Rexophiles would have him knighted with sainthood.

Exactly.

BB took over a 3-13 Cleveland team, gutted the roster with 86% turnover and got them to 11-5 and the playoffs. He started the 1995 season 3-1 and then the Browns announced they were moving to Baltimore.

Wrecks on the other hand, took over a very good 9-7 (8-3 at one point) Mangini team and needed 2 teams to sit all their starters just to finish above .500 and barely slip into the playoffs.

Exactly.

BB took over a 3-13 Cleveland team, gutted the roster with 86% turnover and got them to 11-5 and the playoffs. He started the 1995 season 3-1 and then the Browns announced they were moving to Baltimore.

Wrecks on the other hand, took over a very good 9-7 (8-3 at one point) Mangini team and needed 2 teams to sit all their starters just to finish above .500 and barely slip into the playoffs.

so he had one season and excuses for every other season. 

Rex on the other hand has excuses made for making the playoffs. 

You speak out of both sides of your mouth, its crazy. On one hand you basically say if we don't win a SB, the season is worth nothing. Then on the other side, you say I am so grateful that we got to AFCCG's. 

There are no trophies for going to AFCCG's, not any more than going 10-6 and missing the playoffs. You get 3 more weeks of Jet football, that is what you get, and a more heartbreaking loss when it happens.

This year we got 4-5 more weeks of meaningful football and a heartbreaking loss.

But there can be banners :

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/indianapolis-colts-afc-finalist-banner-2014-pathetic-andrew-luck-deflategate

:D

I'd be shocked if Pettine came back to work for Rex. In the excellent Collision Low Crossers, Pettine quite clearly disapproves of Rex's style. It'd be a good hire, though. He'd instantly become the one adult in the room up there 

I'd like to see Pettine back here.  I wasn't aware of any strife between him and Rex.  However,  knowing this now,  I have to agree that Pettine won't be coming back.

Archived