Trade Targets?

SR24

Phillip Rivers. If SD moves he will want out. 

I believe he signed a long term deal with SD this year. 

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/8/15/8647735/philip-rivers-contract-extension-chargers

San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers has agreed to a multi-year contract extension, the team announced on Saturday. It's a four-year extension that will keep him with the team through 2019. The deal is worth approximately $84 million in new money, with $65 million guaranteed, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.

That means Rivers is just about on par with the other highest-paid quarterbacks of the league. All of Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco and Drew Brees are making an average of at least $20 million per season, and Rivers' deal fits right in that tier. Rodgers still leads the group with an average of $22 million per season.

This deal would include the largest guaranteed money of any of those players, with Wilson coming the closest with just over $61 million in guarantees.

According to Ed Werder of ESPN, the deal also includes a surprising no-trade clause. The Chargers are one of the favorites to move to Los Angeles, and given Rivers' lack of interest in raising his children there, it was thought that he would push for an out clause that allowed him to escape the franchise if it moved.

Instead, he's now committed to the Chargers through his 38th birthday, no matter where they end up.

Rivers was coming into the final year of a six-year, $91.8 million contract he signed back in 2009. Initially, there was talk that the two sides wouldn't be able to work out a deal, especially given the relocation issues, with multiple trade rumors surrounding Rivers, the Chargers and the 2015 NFL Draft. But shortly after the draft, the Chargers claimed they were optimistic about an extension and here we are.

Rivers was making an average of just over $15 million per season on his previous contract, and his play hasn't declined at all since he signed that deal. San Diego hasn't found the success it wants, but that hasn't had much to do with Rivers' play. He's been excellent for years, and is coming off a season in which he completed 66.5 percent of his passes for 4,286 yards, 31 touchdowns and 18 interceptions.

This could be the last big payday for Rivers, who is entering his 12th season in the NFL. He's been with the Chargers ever since he was traded from the New York Giants shortly after the 2004 NFL Draft. He has a completion percentage of 64.7 for his career and has thrown for 36,655 yards, 252 touchdowns and 122 interceptions.

Rivers was already set up for significant payday, but the numbers likely went up whenRyan Tannehill and Cam Newton both signed massive contracts. Tannehill is earning an average of $19.25 million per season through 2020 with the Miami Dolphins, while Newton is making more than $20 million per season in Carolina with his five-year, $103.8 million extension

Would love to try and get Tre Mason in the off season, I don't think he would cost much to obtain and would be a good back and if he falls short of my expectations he would be an excellent #2 guy at a reasonable price of something like 6-700k per year.

They need to bring in a few solid olineman. Not sure who, I'm too lazy to look at who's available. 

He's not a trade target because he's a free agent, and I doubt that they let him walk, but RT Bobby Massie from Arizona would be awesome.  He's 26 and a total beast in the run blocking department. 

He had a DUI (occurred January 2015) and 2-game suspension last year, but only because he pulled into the Cardinals' practice facility to "sleep it off" and his own security guard called the cops on him because he didn't recognize the vehicle.  LOL.

The Saints might be willing to fire-sale CJ Spiller.  Reunite him with Gailey?  Actually he may even be cut by the Saints.

Under 150 yards and 3.1 per in NO after 300 and 3.8 per in Buffalo?

Not sure Gailey would want him

Under 150 yards and 3.1 per in NO after 300 and 3.8 per in Buffalo?

Not sure Gailey would want him

He's also had a knee injury all season.  Don't know what influence that had on his production.  Think he's worth keeping an eye on.  Then again the Jets could have signed him this off season with all that money, and I don't know that they were at all interested

Does it have to be strictly "trade'? 

Impending free agent RB Lamar Miller said scheme and fit will be important factors in his decision where to play next season.
Miller said he is interested in returning to Miami, but he will certainly wait for the coaching search to shake out before making any decisions. Woefully underused in his four years with the Dolphins, Miller will likely need workload assurances from the new coaching staff before re-signing. With Doug Martin potentially returning to Tampa Bay, Miller could be the hottest commodity on the running-back market this spring. 

Impending free agent FS Eric Weddle told reporters on Monday that he may never speak to the Chargers' organization again.
Weddle said he won't get to the bottom of his falling out with the Chargers "because I probably won't ever speak to them again." Weddle said he's looking for the "right fit" in free agency, and a "chance to win a title." Weddle, who was placed on injured reserve two weeks ago, said Monday there is "no doubt" he was healthy enough to play in Sunday's finale against Denver.

He's also had a knee injury all season.  Don't know what influence that had on his production.  Think he's worth keeping an eye on.  Then again the Jets could have signed him this off season with all that money, and I don't know that they were at all interested

Its two years in a row now.  The Jets had no interest in him last year, dont see why they would be interested off of what he did in 2015

Though Gilchrist was solid nothing spectacular I would prefer Weddle 

That's not going to happen. They aren't getting rid of Gilchrist and Weddle is on the wrong side of 30. He's a solid player, no doubt but he isn't better than what the Jets have. Not enough money in the cap to sign these type of players. 

That's not going to happen. They aren't getting rid of Gilchrist and Weddle is on the wrong side of 30. He's a solid player, no doubt but he isn't better than what the Jets have. Not enough money in the cap to sign these type of players. 

I repeat I would prefer I DID NOT SAY THE JETS SHOULD OR WOULD DO THIS 

Archived