2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, JiF said:

So fun watching Murphy mash the ball now.  So fun.

Had to think he would have a great season, because that's how these things work.  Still, I keep reminding myself that re-signing Murphy would have meant no Cespedes.  Cespedes + Neil Walker + # 31 draft pick (Anthony Kay, LHP, UCONN) >>>  Murphy + Jon Niese (currently has a 5.07 ERA and has allowed 19 HR in 16 starts).

Granted, we would have likely traded Niese anyways, but it would be hard to argue we would have gotten something better than Walker in the deal.  We would have likely gotten a sh*tty outfielder similar to De Aza.  And meanwhile, Dilson Herrera would have had his path to the bigs blocked by Murphy for the foreseeable future.

Adam RubinESPN Staff Writer 

rubin_adam_m.jpg

Mets make it official, promoting Seth Lugo and demoting Sean Gilmartin. Lugo will wear No. 67. Because he has been a starting pitcher, he can give the Mets' length if required.

Well at least one Met will be a champion this year:  Michael Paez and Coastal Carolina win the national title.

In 86 Mets-fashion, CCU became the first team since LSU in 1996 to be down to their last strike and come back to win multiple games and the title.

No laughing it off this team is in trouble no Cespedes having a monster month is coming through a trade and injuries and underperforming players and Wash and Miami are much better this year

25 minutes ago, faba said:

No laughing it off this team is in trouble no Cespedes having a monster month is coming through a trade and injuries and underperforming players and Wash and Miami are much better this year

A series against the best team in baseball and we're playing Johnson and Nimmo in the OF corners, and Wilmer and Loney in the IF corners. What the actual **** happened to this season.

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

A series against the best team in baseball and we're playing Johnson and Nimmo in the OF corners, and Wilmer and Loney in the IF corners. What the actual **** happened to this season.

I hate to say this but this is what a Mets fan expects-bad things to happen ever since Carlos just stood there

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Nimmo looks a little lost in RF.  Glad he got the big hit but he may be a DH at the end of the day. Gary and the booth were kind to him but I thought he looked a little lost on those two balls over his head.

Much needed win and good to see the team pumped up.

1 hour ago, faba said:

I hate to say this but this is what a Mets fan expects-bad things to happen ever since Carlos just stood there

LOL.

I had to think about this one for a minute or two. Do you mean Timo Perez in game 1 of the 2000 WS?

Edit: Never mind. Beltran against Wainwright. How could I forget.

It was huge in the 8th that Madden sent a struggling Heyward up to pinch hit and end that threat.

In that mess in the ninth the one light at the end of the tunnel was the fact that the possibility of getting a couple of must have K's was there....especially with the sinker Familia had going last night.  Thankfully there was an open base to walk Rizzo.

Despite the pop-up to end the game, Javier Baez really impressed me as his plate discipline is worlds apart from what it was when he first came up.

Be interested to see if Reyes gets called up this w/end.

I saw Jose needs 3 to 6 games more so he will not be up yet. Lagares may come off  D list

And today is Bobby Bonilla's favorite day he gets paid every year until 2035- oh boy

Nice to see Nimmo have a big night.

The brightest spot for me (other than scoring runs for a change of course) was seeing the extra giddy up on deGrom's fastball.  I think he  appears to be pretty much back to his usual form.

Shame we don't have Harvey going today and Thor tomorrow. Hopefully Colon can take advantage of the Cubs swinging from the heels (24 K's in the series so far) and get the team another W.

Side note:  It's beginning to look like the guy that the Tigers insisted we part with if we wanted Cespedes is going to get some strong consideration for AL ROY.  Michael Fullmer's win last night brought his record to 8-2  with a 2.17 ERA and 1.09 WHIP.  He also has 8 starts in a row with no more than 1 ER and 5 hits allowed.   Easy to see why the Mets explored any and every other deal before parting with him last season.

Eff the Cubs but man, Maddon is so cool.

"Cubs manager Joe Maddon on what makes Bartolo Colón successful at 43-years-old: "He's primarily a one-trick pony with that two-seamer that really moves. But it's so good, and when he's right his command is so pinpoint. That's when he's really very, very difficult. He'll add and subtract velocity. He just knows what he's doing, man.''

28 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that this joke of a lineup today is because they have Miami and the Nats coming up and those games are more important than this one. Otherwise wtf is this sh*t that Collins is trotting out there today. 

Well Granderson is back at least but otherwise yeah agree....with all the injuries I hate that he is resting Cabrera and Travis on the same day.

1 minute ago, GimmeShelter said:

Well Granderson is back at least but otherwise yeah agree....with all the injuries I hate that he is resting Cabrera and Travis on the same day.

Nimmo has clearly been the spark plug for the team as of late. Where to go from that? Bench.

Archived