adb280z

2016 Mets Thread!

On 10/27/2016 at 2:13 PM, SenorGato said:

It can't be news that Cespedes will be opting out. That's the most obvious move any FA should make this offseason. He's easily the premiere bat in FA off the top of my head.

So , what do the Mets do to replace Cespedes (since our owner is still Fred Coupons ) ?

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Jeurys Familia arrested on domestic violence charge

The good news is he can talk this thru with Jose...j/k

Makes you wonder that how things fared for Familia over the last year on the field has affected his personal life; That he took the game home with him. I always thought that effected Jose that way also when he melted down at the hotel, or wherever it was.....

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/jeurys-familia-arrested-on-domestic-violence-charge/207788958

Don't worry about Familia . The Mets need him . They will look the other way like they did with Reyes . 

8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

12.5 for one year with the Braves

F-cking idiots !!! Colon was the perfect insurance in case the kids did not heal timely . Fred Coupons strikes again !!!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, JohnJ said:

2nd Baseman signed. Wasn't sure if Sandy was gonna try and keep him. But Walker is a better player than I thought before last year, and he's a terrific leader also. 

I for one wish Wright would move along already. But I have mucho confidence that Terry will handle 3rd Base, Jose, Wilmer etc., and Wright very well.

I thought we were gonna see a change @2nd. Still expecting some changes and a trade or two.

Neil Walker accepts $17.2 million qualifying offer from Mets

Too much money for an old man coming off an injury ; we could have used T J Rivera and Flores at second and still had 17 million to play with .

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

You are all over the board with comments. When Colon, who is obviously much older than Walker left, you said that it was the "Coupons" cheapness that let Colon go.

Now, you say that Walker is over the hill, and is too much money. Which is it?

Colon would be perfect insurance . He's our leading winner over the last three seasons . 17 million for Walker is a bit much . And Wilpon is a cheap bastard !!!!

4 hours ago, SenorGato said:

You know who would be perfect on the Mets? Joey Votto. What better way to attack the OBP issue than to pick up arguably the most disciplined hitter in the game? 

Are the Reds looking to unload Votto ?

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

They always are. He is overpriced for a corner infielder who is on the wrong side of 33, and signed through 2023. 

A very, very good player, but one that is more saber worthy than worth his salary in the situational game. The Reds have been repeatedly concerned with his tendency to take pitches, in hitter situations (read, runners in scoring position). While his OBP is very good, you  want him trying to drive more runs in.

Pass on this half baked idea.

But Sandy luvs guys who get on base .

9 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mets GM Sandy Alderson mentioned free-agent OF Jose Bautista and 1B-OF Steve Pearce as the type of players he might pursue if he's unable to re-sign Yoenis Cespedes.

Steve Pearce ? Are they ******* kidding ? Why not Chico Escuela ?

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

If we mixed you and Cat together in equal parts, I think we nay have a normal person :)

Don't compare me to that lily livered , obnoxious , Cub front runner !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Major personal coup today. Had a 20 weekday in promenade gold 211 last season and today was my select a seat access appt. Best it appeared I could do was move to the aisle.

Then 35 minutes before my time the only two seats in promenade gold ROW ONE opened up in 217. They almost went away about 8 minutes before but opened up again at the 2 minute warning and I got them locked up.

Call me Bob Eucker now

I didn't know the Mets had 20 game plans in the Promenade . When did they start this ?

9 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Not sure. I got a 10 game plan in 2015. In 2016, the min plan was 20 games. That's when they had select a seat visits and I got 411 row 4 in front of the HC seating wall.

Those were great seats until I grabbed the only row one I saw yesterday

I love those seats right in front of the wall ; no riff raff behind you .

Fred Coupons strikes again . Alderson said that the Mets will not add any additional salary until they release some salary . Some things never change .

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Pretty sure every team operates with a budget.

Not like Coupons !!! We are a win now team ; not a win when I think i can save some money team .

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2016 at 7:06 PM, SenorGato said:

Mets are my sleeper on Jansen. 

Not a chance in hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 12/11/2016 at 11:54 AM, faba said:

Sandy takes the methodiocal approach- will wait it out to see the market come to him instead of chasing players is his philosophy

We're stuck with Bruce because of Sandy .

Have you noticed that many relief pitchers are being signed and the Mets are still sitting on their hands ? OPEN THE PURSE STRINGS FRED COUPON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thumb Down 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company