adb280z

2016 Mets Thread!

Heard Murph give an interview this morning on the local radio.

Let's just say he doesnt seem too stoked to be facing our rotation very often.  haha

Edited by JiF

Bastardo is a solid relief guy, that was a good signing.

Now get Cespedes and I'm a pretty happy dude. 

• Upvote 1

Cespedes for the rest of us!!! 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"if they have a problem with it, they can meet me 60 feet 6 inches away on horse!"

+

101215_nym_cespedes_bat_flip_med_tjvrxz3

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I love this team and its personalities, so much.  The whole cast of characters.  Yes, even you, Harvey. 

It really is the most excited I've been in a long long time for a Mets season.  I've already got like 4 full weekends during the season planned for home games which I'm going to incorporate the Jets into now that my chick is up there. 

I dont know what it is, but I feel like we're about to pull a Royals.  WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're going to watch the Royals get their stupid rings on opening day.  And use that for fuel for every single one of our 162 games and the postseason. 

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lowest combined team ERA for starters in Mets  history?  Maybe MLB!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In my fantasy baseball keeper league, I'm keeping Harvey and Thor this season.  Passing over guys like Joey Votto, Sonny Gray, and Yasiel Puig in the process.  I'm supremely confident in this team.  And we get Wheeler back around June too.  Holy sh*t.

Seriously.  If we can just get a solid year from Duda and Conforto at the plate, this team is very capable of another postseason.  And with all those pitchers having some experience heading into another postseason....dare I say IT? 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Impossible. If you consider 1968 alone (the last year before they lowered the mound), the average ERA for a team was just under 3.00. Best team in the majors last year, the Cardinals at 2.96.

Whenever you want to look at pitching records, 1968 is a good place to start.

Ok, so team ERA? 

haha

This is so awesome. lmfao  And how can you blame him?  Cuban's are the best sandwiches in the world!!!

Remember the 275-pound, prize-winning pig Yoenis Cespedes bought earlier this week at the St. Lucie County Fair? Well, it's about to go under the knife. 

Cespedes, known for his love of fresh pork, will have plenty on hand to create his beloved Cuban sandwiches. The Mets outfielder told reporters Wednesday he wasn't allowed to keep the $7,000 pig so he sent it to the butcher instead. 

MORE: MLB records in reach this season | Schilling: Hillary 'should be buried under a jail'

The new king of spring training stunts showed up to the fair in full cowboy gear last Thursday and was so enamored with the pig that he came back to buy it the next day. 

Mets manager Terry Collins said "fun time is over" after Cespedes rode a horse to practice but the outfielder might throw one last party with his new meat like he did in November after slaughtering an 800-pound cow. 

No word on when PETA will begin boycotting the Mets. 

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

12801189_10209154423885524_1249964137512

This pic inspired me to look at some other pics of him.  OMG there are so many ******* hilarious pictures.  I was trying to find the one where he was the first to the champagne after the NLCS because he's so big and disgusting its amazing.  

I found this picture of my favorite thing to watch when watching Colon and its glorious:

bartolo-colon-swing-530x326.jpg

• Upvote 1

2iKk2wt.gif

This could literally be an entire separate thread lmfao:

usp-mlb_-atlanta-braves-at-new-york-mets

bartolo-colon.jpg

This is pretty cool.  When I was searching for more funny pictures I found some pictures of my niece!  She's was in the Seven Line Army calendar a few years back and goes to a ton of games with that crew:

9k=blog_MARCH_low-663x1024.jpg?171381175879

• Upvote 1

390-perla-1023.jpg

• Upvote 2

Back on topic:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTQtxDSduQQwrUBsXIZag

1211-63Fr.jpg

13 hours ago, adb280z said:

I saw her at the game last Friday in Port St. Lucie with the 7line

Yep!  She was down there.  Didnt invite her Uncle.  haha.  Good thing though, she ended up getting pretty sick and had to head back to Orlando.  We will be back down soon though.

It's actually pretty cool what transpired after this whole calendar girl fiasco.  When 7line had the cover girl competition for the calendar, my whole family flew up and went to the Reveal Party at McFaddens in the stadium.  It was a blast and we ended up meeting a Mets tickets sales guy who told Collins about her story.  Collins embraced it, knew she was a passionate Mets fan and any time she wants tickets, Collins leave her a few.  Really cool of him, he's been a big supporter and even made a donation to the gym that my family started in Orlando - Step it up Recovery which got picked up by Project Walk.

Here's an articles on her if you're interested.  She's truly an amazing inspiration.  

http://www.tcpalm.com/opinion/guest-columns/amanda-perla-dont-tell-this-new-york-mets-fan-she-will-never-walk-again-ep-632799270-341437461.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/wheelchair-no-handicap-mets-fan-calendar-model-amanda-perla-article-1.1985293

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Very brave young lady and an inspiration. A lot of complain about so much stuff, and really have no right in doing so.

But the Dolphins? The Dolphins?

She's amazing.  And you're right.  When I'm having a sh*t day and I think the world is crashing down on me.  I think about her and what she battles daily just to do the simple stuff we take for granted.

The Dolphins is heartbreaking stuff.  haha.  I felt dirty buying her a bunch of Dolphins gear for Christmas.  It does make for some fun sh*t talking though.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14976693/new-york-mets-place-ruben-tejada-waivers

Sources: Mets place IF Ruben Tejada on waivers

JUPITER, Fla. -- Ruben Tejada's days with the New York Mets appear numbered.

Tejada has been placed on waivers, paving the way for the Mets to free themselves from paying a large portion of the infielder's salary, multiple baseball officials told ESPN.

Tejada was due to be on Tuesday's trip for a Grapefruit League game against the St. Louis Cardinals, but his bag was left behind when the bus departed.

Mets general manager Sandy Alderson declined to comment. Major League Baseball prohibits teams from discussing waivers.

Tejada was due to make $3 million this season, his final year before free agency. However, when the Mets tendered him a contract on Dec. 2, they did not foresee adding two middle infielders later that month -- Neil Walker and Asdrubal Cabrera.

If no team claims Tejada by Thursday, the Mets could cut him more than 15 days before Opening Day and would then have to pay only one-sixth of his salary, or $500,000.

Even with Cabrera potentially opening the season on the disabled list with a strained patellar tendon in his left knee, the Mets are comfortable parting with Tejada. Wilmer Flores can handle shortstop until Cabrera is ready, and prospect Matt Reynolds can serve as a backup.

Tejada had returned healthy this spring training after suffering a fractured fibula in his right leg on a slide from Chase Utley of the Los Angeles Dodgers during Game 2 of the National League Division Series.

:(

seven13n-3-web.jpg

• Upvote 1

Matt Harvey shut down for the rest of spring training for . . . reasons

Matt Harvey did not travel with the team to Jupiter, Florida today because he had a “non-orthopedic doctor’s appointment.” The Mets did not say what it was about, but now they are saying that he is being shut down for the spring. What’s more, when asked about how this impacts his season opening start against the Royals on Sunday, Mets manager Terry Collins, when asked about Harvey said “it’s hard to say about Opening Day.”

This is all kind of weird, especially given the unusual lack of details regarding a player’s health. But we presume there will be updates in due time. In the meantime, here’s hoping it’s not serious.

I've been out of the country, I take it we suck again? 

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

No rhythm or continuity to this team right now. Hopefully it gets straightened out in a couple of weeks of playing regularly. 

Pitchers have missed their spots, and hitters just making consistent contact.

Havent been able to watch a single pitch yet.  Looking forward to getting to watch a little of the new look with a professional infield.  That should be fun!

Early season jitters.  They'll work through it.  I'm sure the expectations and weird start to the season plays a factor.  Putting more stress on yourself than necessary. 

I saw some stat lines, it looks like Conforto is batting well, Grandy getting off to a terrible start and Duda is still lost somewhere in Manhattan? 

13 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The middle infield has been one of the few bright spots. I feel we have a definite upgrade there.

Cespedes worries me in CF. He just does not seem to get to some balsa that Lagares gets to. If Grandy does not start hitting soon, may have to have Conforto and Cespedes at the Corners (I know they are loathe to doing that) with Lagares in the middle.

Bottom line of things, the pitchers just do not look sharp, which you know they will be eventually.

If that's the biggest issue, I'm not concerned.  They'll settle down.  

I'd love to see a nice run in April again, that really set them up well last year. 

15 fast balls, 13 fouls, Henderson throws a slider, and Gordon gets a hit. 

53 minutes ago, JiF said:

15 fast balls, 13 fouls, Henderson throws a slider, and Gordon gets a hit. 

Of course this started it.  Of course it did.

.187 w/ runners in scoring position on the season so far. 

Why pull Verrett and go to a guy who pitched 1,000 pitches last night? 

This makes no sense.  Henderson looks like a shell of himself. 

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Without speed, this team has to figure out how to string hits together and build an inning, rather than waiting on the home run.

They have no idea how to play small ball.  It's infuriating at times. 

Collins needs his head checked.  Bringing in Henderson was some serious stupid sh*t.  Why even pull Verrett to begin with?

WTF??????????????????

10 hours ago, deckerfan said:

I hope Conforto becomes an everyday player this year

The kid looks the part.  He's a pro at the plate.  I dont really see why he'd come out of the line up very often. 

Jacob deGrom’s son ‘doing better,’ may leave hospital soon

Modal Triggersd.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=288&strip=
Stacey and Jacob deGromPhoto: Stacey deGrom's Facebook

CLEVELAND — Jacob deGrom might finally get to exhale from what had to be a stressful week.

The Mets pitcher, according to manager Terry Collins, may get to take home his newborn son, Jaxon, from the hospital as soon as Monday. DeGrom was placed on the bereavement/family emergency list Saturdaybecause of “complications” the baby was facing.

“[Saturday] I talked to [deGrom] and the baby is doing better, so that was a good sign,” Collins said before the Mets beat the Indians 6-0 at Progressive Field. “I just told Jake he needs to get some rest and mix in a meal.”

in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif?d=1
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

in-art-soundanimation-icon-41x48.gif

DeGrom threw a bullpen session Sunday in Port St. Lucie and reported no problems with his previously bothersome right lat, according to Collins. The right-hander is expected to throw a simulated game on Tuesday as Logan Verrett takes his spot in the rotation in Philadelphia.

The Mets have until Saturday to add deGrom back to the roster. Eric Campbell was added after deGrom was placed on the bereavement/family emergency list.

• Upvote 2

How nasty is Thor?  His slider is literally unhittable right now.

Great to see Wright swinging the bat well to start the season.  Cross your fingers that back doesnt start to flare up...and what a bare handed play at 3rd!

Good to see Duda driving in some runs. 

Bastardo is the truth.  Love that dude over Clippard.  He was a great signing. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company