Jump to content
adb280z

2016 Mets Thread!

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Conforto batting 3rd with Yo at cleanup. Love it.

I'd like to see that every day. I think we have seen enough to say this is how the lineup needs to be structured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I'd like to see that every day. I think we have seen enough to say this is how the lineup needs to be structured.

Agreed. He's clearly ready to make the jump and he'll see more pitches hitting in front of Yo. Duda needs to not be batting cleanup anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Agreed. He's clearly ready to make the jump and he'll see more pitches hitting in front of Yo. Duda needs to not be batting cleanup anyways.

Agree, Duda would be much better in the 5 spot, I could even argue having him at 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Agree, Duda would be much better in the 5 spot, I could even argue having him at 6.

I'd like to see him slide Walker up to 5 for the time being. His bat warrants it. If Duda comes around change it up again but enough is enough. Truth be told I've kinda had it with Duda's streakiness and one-dimensional crap. 7 years in the majors and you still can't hit to the opposite field? Love the guy, he's a good locker room presence and when his bat his hot the offense feeds off it, but when his cold streaks hit they last for so long and kill everything. You can't have someone this streaky that can't beat that extreme of a shift hitting in the heart of the order. At least for these cold streaks, drop him down. With Yo and Wright getting on base at high rates his inability to drive anyone in is a big reason why the offense was struggling so much. Even last night with the bats waking up he still couldn't drive anyone in. 3 RBI's through 9 games for your 4th or 5th hitter. No offense can sustain that.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'd like to see him slide Walker up to 5 for the time being. His bat warrants it. If Duda comes around change it up again but enough is enough. Truth be told I've kinda had it with Duda's streakiness and one-dimensional crap. 7 years in the majors and you still can't hit to the opposite field? Love the guy, he's a good locker room presence and when his bat his hot the offense feeds off it, but when his cold streaks hit they last for so long and kill everything. You can't have someone this streaky that can't beat that extreme of a shift hitting in the heart of the order. At least for these cold streaks, drop him down. With Yo and Wright getting on base at high rates his inability to drive anyone in is a big reason why the offense was struggling so much. Even last night with the bats waking up he still couldn't drive anyone in. 3 RBI's through 9 games for your 4th or 5th hitter. No offense can sustain that.

Completely agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2016 at 7:13 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Alright, so some positives to take from the first 8 games:

- The Mets finished 12th in fielding last year. They have opened the season at top 5. There are two reasons for this, the infield and the catchers. Cabrera and Walker are such an upgrade, and both catchers look great defensively. d'Arnaud coming out of nowhere and picking runners off on consecutive days over the weekend was awesome to see. The Mets were one of the worst teams in the league at holding runners last year so even one step up from last season in that respect is a huge one.

- If a team is going to open up with some problems I'll take cold bats over pitching or defensive problems. Slumps come around, the latter two are much harder to fix.

- Wilmer looks like a disaster at third but holy crap did he look great at first today. It's a small sample size but it makes sense given how bad he's been at short in the past. The less he has to worry about dealing with right-handed hitters the better I guess. Learning a first baseman's footwork can be tough though, so we'll see how it goes.

- Middle relief has not been a disaster. Henderson got worked by Dee Gordon but everyone does. Robles and Blevins both look like legit major leaguers, the former especially looking improved from last year. And don't forget they're getting Montero for the road trip.

- Familia looks back to his old self. I was doubtful he'd ever regain his dominance after collapsing in the World Series last year. That's not easy to come back from at all mentally.

- Safe to say Noah Syndergaard is the most freakish under-25 pitcher this organization has had since Doc. And it's time to put the Dickey trade ranked third for best trades in the history of this org.

 

Great summation!

#LGM

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Conforto batting 3rd with Yo at cleanup. Love it.

Good to see him batting 3rd again today! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deckerfan said:

Good to see him batting 3rd again today! :) 

Kept De Aza in at center too. I guess you have to after the way he hit last night but man I am not cool with him playing CF regularly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2016 at 1:23 AM, adb280z said:

Wins/Losses = just about the worst way to evaluate a starting pitcher.

Colby Lewis was 17-9 with a 4.66 ERA and 1.24 WHIP

Harvey was 13-8 with a 2.71 ERA and 1.02 WHIP

Who do you think had a better year?

Mr Harvey sucking again . TREND ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such a winnable game. Ugh.

I feel like stranding runners has been the story of almost every single Mets season since I was born excepting like 4 individual years. Achilles heel of this franchise year after year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:24 PM, no psls said:

Matt Harvey ; 25-20 lifetime record ; real stud !!!!!!

Every season we seem to attract a troll with very little knowledge of the game.

Dr. Detroit's twin sister possibly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GimmeShelter said:

Every season we seem to attract a troll with very little knowledge of the game.

Dr. Detroit's twin sister possibly?

He's like 2015 Tom Shane on some odd mixture of helium and whippets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, no psls said:

Correction - Matt Harvey 25-21 - HAHHAHAHAHAHA - go to the Yankees -you bum

He has 11 games where he went 7 or more innings and gave up 2 or less runs without a getting a win.  Win-loss record is meaningless.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacob deGrom’s son ‘doing better,’ may leave hospital soon

 
Modal Triggersd.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=288&strip=
Stacey and Jacob deGromPhoto: Stacey deGrom's Facebook

CLEVELAND — Jacob deGrom might finally get to exhale from what had to be a stressful week.

The Mets pitcher, according to manager Terry Collins, may get to take home his newborn son, Jaxon, from the hospital as soon as Monday. DeGrom was placed on the bereavement/family emergency list Saturdaybecause of “complications” the baby was facing.

“[Saturday] I talked to [deGrom] and the baby is doing better, so that was a good sign,” Collins said before the Mets beat the Indians 6-0 at Progressive Field. “I just told Jake he needs to get some rest and mix in a meal.”

in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif?d=1
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––
 
in-art-soundanimation-icon-41x48.gif

 

DeGrom threw a bullpen session Sunday in Port St. Lucie and reported no problems with his previously bothersome right lat, according to Collins. The right-hander is expected to throw a simulated game on Tuesday as Logan Verrett takes his spot in the rotation in Philadelphia.

The Mets have until Saturday to add deGrom back to the roster. Eric Campbell was added after deGrom was placed on the bereavement/family emergency list.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JiF said:

Jacob deGrom’s son ‘doing better,’ may leave hospital soon

 
Modal Triggersd.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=288&strip=
Stacey and Jacob deGromPhoto: Stacey deGrom's Facebook

CLEVELAND — Jacob deGrom might finally get to exhale from what had to be a stressful week.

The Mets pitcher, according to manager Terry Collins, may get to take home his newborn son, Jaxon, from the hospital as soon as Monday. DeGrom was placed on the bereavement/family emergency list Saturdaybecause of “complications” the baby was facing.

“[Saturday] I talked to [deGrom] and the baby is doing better, so that was a good sign,” Collins said before the Mets beat the Indians 6-0 at Progressive Field. “I just told Jake he needs to get some rest and mix in a meal.”

in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif?d=1
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––
 
in-art-soundanimation-icon-41x48.gif

 

DeGrom threw a bullpen session Sunday in Port St. Lucie and reported no problems with his previously bothersome right lat, according to Collins. The right-hander is expected to throw a simulated game on Tuesday as Logan Verrett takes his spot in the rotation in Philadelphia.

The Mets have until Saturday to add deGrom back to the roster. Eric Campbell was added after deGrom was placed on the bereavement/family emergency list.

More important than any game or season

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should not go without notice what a remarkable addition Asdrubal Cabrera has been at SS. For the first time, since the Jose Reyes era, the Mets have a professional SS at the position. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

It should not go without notice what a remarkable addition Asdrubal Cabrera has been at SS. For the first time, since the Jose Reyes era, the Mets have a professional SS at the position. 

I'd like to see Alderson call up their SS prospects one at a time during the summer for a little bit. If only for a few days. Just to get some tutelage under him. He does all the little things at the position so well. He's not the most athletic dude and his range isn't anything to go nuts over either, but he always knows where to have his hands or plant his feet with every bounce. Him and Walker have been a pleasure to watch thus far.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

It should not go without notice what a remarkable addition Asdrubal Cabrera has been at SS. For the first time, since the Jose Reyes era, the Mets have a professional SS at the position. 

Wilmer Flores was wild, haha...I almost miss watching him play SS everyday

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if you're Collins you have to start looking at the calendar to make sure Thor pitches against Washington right? Every single one of those games this year is so important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 13, 2016 at 9:47 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

9 day road trip after tomorrow. Man, if there was ever a time that they needed to get out of Flushing for a little while. Brutal start to the season. Cespedes looks like he's finding his groove so that's big, and Cleveland and Philly are way more hitter friendly than Citi so some of these shots they've been putting up should carry a little better. 

See? I told all of you WE GOTTA JUST KEEP OUR COMPOSURE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How nasty is Thor?  His slider is literally unhittable right now.

Great to see Wright swinging the bat well to start the season.  Cross your fingers that back doesnt start to flare up...and what a bare handed play at 3rd!

Good to see Duda driving in some runs. 

Bastardo is the truth.  Love that dude over Clippard.  He was a great signing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that deGrom's back , maybe Verritt can sub for Harvey until he turns back into Harvey ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, no psls said:

Now that deGrom's back , maybe Verritt can sub for Harvey until he turns back into Harvey ?

Sure you want to continue down this path of wrongness, especially after Murphy's replacement hit 2 bombs last night?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure you want to continue down this path of wrongness, especially after Murphy's replacement hit 2 bombs last night?

Murphy's batting .400 dickwad ; go play with Leelou 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, no psls said:

Murphy's batting .400 dickwad ; go play with Leelou 

That play Walker made to end the inning, right before he hit the bomb....Daniel Murphy never makes.  Murph was great at the plate but with this pitching staff...give me Walker all day, every day.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Verrett has been great.

Awesome to see the bats come alive.  17 HR's in the last 5 games???  That's crushing it. 

I tell you, watching Lagares make plays like that and have good at bats...Collins has his work cut out for him managing the roster. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JiF said:

Verrett has been great.

Awesome to see the bats come alive.  17 HR's in the last 5 games???  That's crushing it. 

I tell you, watching Lagares make plays like that and have good at bats...Collins has his work cut out for him managing the roster. 

Great problem for a manager to have!  When was the last time the Mets had "too much talent" at any spot on the field? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Great problem for a manager to have!  When was the last time the Mets had "too much talent" at any spot on the field? 

It's pretty neat.  I love watching that dude play Center.  He's fantastic.  If Grandy didnt start coming around and swinging the bat well, I think Collins would have had to look hard at sitting Grandy and playing Conforto and Cespedes in the corners.

You're right, great problem to have and he may want to look at something like that when they're not playing in hitter friendly parks. 

100% he should be making that call when they play American League teams and having either Cespedes or Conforto batting DH. 

The best part of this season so far is; we havent seen deGrom or Wheeler yet.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's pretty neat.  I love watching that dude play Center.  He's fantastic.  If Grandy didnt start coming around and swinging the bat well, I think Collins would have had to look hard at sitting Grandy and playing Conforto and Cespedes in the corners.

You're right, great problem to have and he may want to look at something like that when they're not playing in hitter friendly parks. 

100% he should be making that call when they play American League teams and having either Cespedes or Conforto batting DH. 

The best part of this season so far is; we havent seen deGrom or Wheeler yet.  

At the very least, having as much depth in the OF as we have affords us opportunities to keep people fresh over the long haul.

Same deal in the infield and at catcher.  Having guys like Wilmer and Plawecki available off the bench are big for TC.  And of course we'll later get a look at Dilson Herrera.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...