Jump to content
adb280z

2016 Mets Thread!

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, faba said:
SNY with Jeep.
40 mins

Friday Night Baseball lineup:
Curtis Granderson – RF
David Wright – 3B
Michael Conforto – LF
Yoenis Cespedes – CF
Lucas Duda – 1B
Neil Walker – 2B
Asdrubal Cabrera – SS
Kevin Plawecki – C
Steven Matz – LHP

I am digging having a more stable lineup this year. Cabrera and Walker really changed the entire 1-9 of this lineup.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am digging having a more stable lineup this year. Cabrera and Walker really changed the entire 1-9 of this lineup.

If Wright ever gets going and cuts down on his K's  and Travis gets/stays healthy the line-up could take off.

The middle infield deals were the hidden gems of Sandy's off season.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 28, 2016 at 8:22 AM, BowlesMovement said:

Conforto is what Jeffries was supposed to be..... Damn, I feel old saying that.

I still have his rookie card. And it's not worth sh*t, contrary to what my dad promised me at the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

If Wright ever gets going and cuts down on his K's  and Travis gets/stays healthy the line-up could take off.

The middle infield deals were the hidden gems of Sandy's off season.

It's just a different team. The stability that these two guys have brought defensively really seems to have filtered all around. There's a real do your job mentality to this year's team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

If this keeps up then Kevin Long, he's the man!

Still can't congratulate the GM can you?   Despite not having their best Harvey and DeGrom yet, the team is playing very well in large part to the off season moves.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lifelong Yankee fan who is rooting hard for the Mets this year. My mom , who is a diehard, has been pretty sick lately. This team is one of the few things that put a smile on her face. I hope the front office does the right thing, if this team needs a piece later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bronx Jet01 said:

 

Lifelong Yankee fan who is rooting hard for the Mets this year. My mom , who is a diehard, has been pretty sick lately. This team is one of the few things that put a smile on her face. I hope the front office does the right thing, if this team needs a piece later on

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your mom. It'll be interesting to see how things progress. Right now there aren't any huge holes on the team, and that's including the bullpen which has been a pleasantly reliable surprise. If there's any piece we need that's glaring I'd say it's some infield depth, particularly someone who can actually play third base if Wright needs to miss any time. But we look like a pretty damn complete team when we're healthy, able to win in several different ways if needs be.

End of the day I think she and the rest of us are in for a treat this year. The NL is going to be a blast to watch as this thing plays out and the Mets are going to be right in the heart of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bronx Jet01 said:

 

Lifelong Yankee fan who is rooting hard for the Mets this year. My mom , who is a diehard, has been pretty sick lately. This team is one of the few things that put a smile on her face. I hope the front office does the right thing, if this team needs a piece later on

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will if they have to. Just like they did last year, and like Sandy said they would.

He'll be patient tough and try to find the best fit he can. He won't react in a panic like some idiot fans whining and crying for the first bum that's available out there, clueless to the talent of the player, and the ramifications of the move.

 

I'm happy for your Mom, and you, enjoying the Metsies. It's been a great ride, and will continue to be. Go Mets! :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bronx Jet01 said:

 

Lifelong Yankee fan who is rooting hard for the Mets this year. My mom , who is a diehard, has been pretty sick lately. This team is one of the few things that put a smile on her face. I hope the front office does the right thing, if this team needs a piece later on

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironic, the Mets are helping putting a smile on her face, huh? ;-)

Hope she gets well soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the son of a friend of mine, who lives here in Wilmington NC, is making the rounds on the internet currently as "Mini Thor".  USA Today, CBS Sports, and the Mets page have all posted it. 

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25574434/watch-take-heart-mets-fans-for-mini-thor-is-here-to-help?linkId=24050133

 
 
 
 

WATCH: Take heart, Mets fans, for Mini-Thor is here to help

Mets flame-wielder Noah Syndergaard wasn't his typically dominant self against the Giants on Sunday (SF 6, NYM 1), so it's possible that Mets fans may be in need of consoling uplift at this time. Consoling uplift, thy name is "Mini-Thor" ...

Yep, it's all there: The No. 34, the riverine blond locks, the follow-through, and the unrelenting weight of expectations.

It's not quite accurate to say Mini-Thor is here to help. He's actually here to vanquish. However, if in the process of vanquishing all he surveys, Mini-Thor winds up, then that's fine, too.

 

VIDEO:  https://amp.twimg.com/v/7a7b24d2-706a-4dce-97f6-831d5ce93777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So the son of a friend of mine, who lives here in Wilmington NC, is making the rounds on the internet currently as "Mini Thor".  USA Today, CBS Sports, and the Mets page have all posted it. 

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25574434/watch-take-heart-mets-fans-for-mini-thor-is-here-to-help?linkId=24050133

 
 
 
 

WATCH: Take heart, Mets fans, for Mini-Thor is here to help

Mets flame-wielder Noah Syndergaard wasn't his typically dominant self against the Giants on Sunday (SF 6, NYM 1), so it's possible that Mets fans may be in need of consoling uplift at this time. Consoling uplift, thy name is "Mini-Thor" ...

Yep, it's all there: The No. 34, the riverine blond locks, the follow-through, and the unrelenting weight of expectations.

It's not quite accurate to say Mini-Thor is here to help. He's actually here to vanquish. However, if in the process of vanquishing all he surveys, Mini-Thor winds up, then that's fine, too.

 

VIDEO:  https://amp.twimg.com/v/7a7b24d2-706a-4dce-97f6-831d5ce93777

But , can he hold on a runner ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have a season long bet for a bottle of scotch with a buddy that Bartolo is finally going to hit a home run this year. When he hit that screamer that went foul in the second I almost lost my sh*t.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So I have a season long bet for a bottle of scotch with a buddy that Bartolo is finally going to hit a home run this year. When he hit that screamer that went foul in the second I almost lost my sh*t.

Hah I think you we lose but Colon will make you laugh every plate appeareance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, faba said:

Hah I think you we lose but Colon will make you laugh every plate appeareance 

It's gonna happen. I know it in my heart.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just don't adopt the DH until this guy's career is over, National League.  Please!

 

bartolo-colon-first-swing-against-ervin-


bartolo-colon-second-swing-against-ervin

041215_gif_colonhit_1_med_res_irn6l4s5.g


bartolo-colon-foul-ball-bench-reaction.g

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Happy Harvey Day !! It's Happy Harvey Day !! But , what if Atlanta knocks him around .....

821549.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, no psls said:

It's Happy Harvey Day !! It's Happy Harvey Day !! But , what if Atlanta knocks him around .....

821549.gif

He's under the weather tonight but making the start. I don't know what the deal is with him so far. Perhaps all the stops and starts with the illness in spring training has him still finding his way. The strange part is he has a few innings of brilliance where he K's 5 guys in a row only to give up 2 or 3 runs an inning later.

I am happiest about Conforto and Thor stomping all over those comparisons  to Severino and Judge that we heard last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

He's under the weather tonight but making the start. I don't know what the deal is with him so far. Perhaps all the stops and starts with the illness in spring training has him still finding his way. The strange part is he has a few innings of brilliance where he K's 5 guys in a row only to give up 2 or 3 runs an inning later.

I am happiest about Conforto and Thor stomping all over those comparisons  to Severino and Judge that we heard last season.

Harvey has definitely been "off" all year long. He does not have a swing and miss pitch right now. He is battling out there with average stuff. The fastball does not seem to have late life to it, and the breaking pitches are 50/50 whether they are flat or sharp breaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collins bringing the HEAT!

Terry Collins preached patience everywhere but behind the plate.

He talked optimistically despite Matt Harvey’s continued struggles on the mound and said the Mets hit the ball well all night despite managing just a single in a 3-0 loss to the woeful Braves Tuesday night at Citi Field.

Yet, when asked about catcher Kevin Plawecki, the manager’s tone changed drastically.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

“I don’t mean to put a lot of pressure on him, but he’s got to start getting some hits,” Collins said. “We all thought he was going to be a good offensive player.

“We need [him] to start getting some hits.”

Plawecki is batting an anemic .176, doesn’t have an extra-base hit in 34 at-bats and is expected to be in the lineup nearly every day until Travis d’Arnaud returns from the 15-day disabled list with a right rotator cuff strain. His return doesn’t appear imminent.

Plawecki hardly distinguished himself offensively a year ago, batting just .219 with a .576 OPS and .296 slugging percentage in 73 games while subbing for the oft-injured d’Arnaud. The Mets hoped experience would help him, but so far, he hasn’t improved at the plate.

“It’s frustrating, but I feel like I’m having some good at-bats,” Plawecki said. “I’m just trying to go up there and hit the ball hard. There’s nothing you can do besides going back to work and keep going up there, having good at-bats, and the results will take care of [themselves] in time.”

Since d’Arnaud went down, Plawecki is just 3-for-18 with four walks. He was 0-for-2 on Tuesday, including a 4-6-3 double play in which he did hit the ball hard, but right at Braves second baseman Kelly Johnson. Plawecki has been working on his fundamentals with hitting coach Kevin Long.

“I feel like I’ve shown what I can do. It’s just a matter of getting a couple of things to fall in here and there,” Plawecki said. “It is frustrating, I’m not going to lie about that, but I’m not going to press too hard about that. I’m going to keep working and the hits will fall. They’ve always evened out at the end of the year.

“It’s still early.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Harvey has definitely been "off" all year long. He does not have a swing and miss pitch right now. He is battling out there with average stuff. The fastball does not seem to have late life to it, and the breaking pitches are 50/50 whether they are flat or sharp breaking.

Even when his stuff is on it's fleeting. Lasts an inning or two and by the 4th at the latest it's gone. Seems like it's as much a mental problem as it is mechanical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mets hit home runs they win that is their formula hah

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, faba said:

Mets hit home runs they win that is their formula hah

Pretty much.  

Love seeing Matz really turn it around too.  Retired the first 19 of 20?  That's lights out. I mean, its the Braves but still. 

And I dont know what it means that the day after Collins called out Plawecki, Rivera homers...

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JiF said:

Pretty much.  

Love seeing Matz really turn it around too.  Retired the first 19 of 20?  That's lights out. I mean, its the Braves but still. 

And I dont know what it means that the day after Collins called out Plawecki, Rivera homers...

Matz would be the #1 SP on more than a few teams including the one over in the Bronx.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There might be a better or more unlikely moment all year.

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=669453283?topic_id=18985532&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2016 at 8:43 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

So I have a season long bet for a bottle of scotch with a buddy that Bartolo is finally going to hit a home run this year. When he hit that screamer that went foul in the second I almost lost my sh*t.

WHO CALLED IT BIATCHES!!!

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2016 at 9:43 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

So I have a season long bet for a bottle of scotch with a buddy that Bartolo is finally going to hit a home run this year. When he hit that screamer that went foul in the second I almost lost my sh*t.

Ok I bow down to you -hah

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So where are we ranking that in terms of moments? I say that's gotta be second to '86. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

last night is a moment in Mets history you always will remember

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So where are we ranking that in terms of moments? I say that's gotta be second to '86. 

It's right up there with Johan's no-hitter for sure.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say what you may about Terry Collins but the man has a sense of humor. Tolo is listed as eligible as a pinch hitter today.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...