David Wright – 3B
Michael Conforto – LF
Yoenis Cespedes – CF
Lucas Duda – 1B
Neil Walker – 2B
Asdrubal Cabrera – SS
Kevin Plawecki – C
Steven Matz – LHP

I am digging having a more stable lineup this year. Cabrera and Walker really changed the entire 1-9 of this lineup.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am digging having a more stable lineup this year. Cabrera and Walker really changed the entire 1-9 of this lineup.

If Wright ever gets going and cuts down on his K's  and Travis gets/stays healthy the line-up could take off.

The middle infield deals were the hidden gems of Sandy's off season.

12 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

If Wright ever gets going and cuts down on his K's  and Travis gets/stays healthy the line-up could take off.

The middle infield deals were the hidden gems of Sandy's off season.

It's just a different team. The stability that these two guys have brought defensively really seems to have filtered all around. There's a real do your job mentality to this year's team.

Lifelong Yankee fan who is rooting hard for the Mets this year. My mom , who is a diehard, has been pretty sick lately. This team is one of the few things that put a smile on her face. I hope the front office does the right thing, if this team needs a piece later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Bronx Jet01 said:

Lifelong Yankee fan who is rooting hard for the Mets this year. My mom , who is a diehard, has been pretty sick lately. This team is one of the few things that put a smile on her face. I hope the front office does the right thing, if this team needs a piece later on

Sorry to hear about your mom. It'll be interesting to see how things progress. Right now there aren't any huge holes on the team, and that's including the bullpen which has been a pleasantly reliable surprise. If there's any piece we need that's glaring I'd say it's some infield depth, particularly someone who can actually play third base if Wright needs to miss any time. But we look like a pretty damn complete team when we're healthy, able to win in several different ways if needs be.

End of the day I think she and the rest of us are in for a treat this year. The NL is going to be a blast to watch as this thing plays out and the Mets are going to be right in the heart of it.

4 hours ago, Bronx Jet01 said:

They will if they have to. Just like they did last year, and like Sandy said they would.

He'll be patient tough and try to find the best fit he can. He won't react in a panic like some idiot fans whining and crying for the first bum that's available out there, clueless to the talent of the player, and the ramifications of the move.

I'm happy for your Mom, and you, enjoying the Metsies. It's been a great ride, and will continue to be. Go Mets! :D

12 hours ago, Bronx Jet01 said:

Ironic, the Mets are helping putting a smile on her face, huh? ;-)

Hope she gets well soon! 

So the son of a friend of mine, who lives here in Wilmington NC, is making the rounds on the internet currently as "Mini Thor".  USA Today, CBS Sports, and the Mets page have all posted it. 

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25574434/watch-take-heart-mets-fans-for-mini-thor-is-here-to-help?linkId=24050133

WATCH: Take heart, Mets fans, for Mini-Thor is here to help

Mets flame-wielder Noah Syndergaard wasn't his typically dominant self against the Giants on Sunday (SF 6, NYM 1), so it's possible that Mets fans may be in need of consoling uplift at this time. Consoling uplift, thy name is "Mini-Thor" ...

Yep, it's all there: The No. 34, the riverine blond locks, the follow-through, and the unrelenting weight of expectations.

It's not quite accurate to say Mini-Thor is here to help. He's actually here to vanquish. However, if in the process of vanquishing all he surveys, Mini-Thor winds up, then that's fine, too.

VIDEO:  https://amp.twimg.com/v/7a7b24d2-706a-4dce-97f6-831d5ce93777

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So the son of a friend of mine, who lives here in Wilmington NC, is making the rounds on the internet currently as "Mini Thor".  USA Today, CBS Sports, and the Mets page have all posted it. 

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25574434/watch-take-heart-mets-fans-for-mini-thor-is-here-to-help?linkId=24050133

WATCH: Take heart, Mets fans, for Mini-Thor is here to help

Mets flame-wielder Noah Syndergaard wasn't his typically dominant self against the Giants on Sunday (SF 6, NYM 1), so it's possible that Mets fans may be in need of consoling uplift at this time. Consoling uplift, thy name is "Mini-Thor" ...

Yep, it's all there: The No. 34, the riverine blond locks, the follow-through, and the unrelenting weight of expectations.

It's not quite accurate to say Mini-Thor is here to help. He's actually here to vanquish. However, if in the process of vanquishing all he surveys, Mini-Thor winds up, then that's fine, too.

VIDEO:  https://amp.twimg.com/v/7a7b24d2-706a-4dce-97f6-831d5ce93777

But , can he hold on a runner ?

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So I have a season long bet for a bottle of scotch with a buddy that Bartolo is finally going to hit a home run this year. When he hit that screamer that went foul in the second I almost lost my sh*t.

Hah I think you we lose but Colon will make you laugh every plate appeareance 

2 hours ago, no psls said:

It's Happy Harvey Day !! It's Happy Harvey Day !! But , what if Atlanta knocks him around .....

821549.gif

He's under the weather tonight but making the start. I don't know what the deal is with him so far. Perhaps all the stops and starts with the illness in spring training has him still finding his way. The strange part is he has a few innings of brilliance where he K's 5 guys in a row only to give up 2 or 3 runs an inning later.

I am happiest about Conforto and Thor stomping all over those comparisons  to Severino and Judge that we heard last season.

13 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

He's under the weather tonight but making the start. I don't know what the deal is with him so far. Perhaps all the stops and starts with the illness in spring training has him still finding his way. The strange part is he has a few innings of brilliance where he K's 5 guys in a row only to give up 2 or 3 runs an inning later.

I am happiest about Conforto and Thor stomping all over those comparisons  to Severino and Judge that we heard last season.

Harvey has definitely been "off" all year long. He does not have a swing and miss pitch right now. He is battling out there with average stuff. The fastball does not seem to have late life to it, and the breaking pitches are 50/50 whether they are flat or sharp breaking.

Collins bringing the HEAT!

Terry Collins preached patience everywhere but behind the plate.

He talked optimistically despite Matt Harvey’s continued struggles on the mound and said the Mets hit the ball well all night despite managing just a single in a 3-0 loss to the woeful Braves Tuesday night at Citi Field.

Yet, when asked about catcher Kevin Plawecki, the manager’s tone changed drastically.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

“I don’t mean to put a lot of pressure on him, but he’s got to start getting some hits,” Collins said. “We all thought he was going to be a good offensive player.

“We need [him] to start getting some hits.”

Plawecki is batting an anemic .176, doesn’t have an extra-base hit in 34 at-bats and is expected to be in the lineup nearly every day until Travis d’Arnaud returns from the 15-day disabled list with a right rotator cuff strain. His return doesn’t appear imminent.

Plawecki hardly distinguished himself offensively a year ago, batting just .219 with a .576 OPS and .296 slugging percentage in 73 games while subbing for the oft-injured d’Arnaud. The Mets hoped experience would help him, but so far, he hasn’t improved at the plate.

“It’s frustrating, but I feel like I’m having some good at-bats,” Plawecki said. “I’m just trying to go up there and hit the ball hard. There’s nothing you can do besides going back to work and keep going up there, having good at-bats, and the results will take care of [themselves] in time.”

Since d’Arnaud went down, Plawecki is just 3-for-18 with four walks. He was 0-for-2 on Tuesday, including a 4-6-3 double play in which he did hit the ball hard, but right at Braves second baseman Kelly Johnson. Plawecki has been working on his fundamentals with hitting coach Kevin Long.

“I feel like I’ve shown what I can do. It’s just a matter of getting a couple of things to fall in here and there,” Plawecki said. “It is frustrating, I’m not going to lie about that, but I’m not going to press too hard about that. I’m going to keep working and the hits will fall. They’ve always evened out at the end of the year.

“It’s still early.”

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Harvey has definitely been "off" all year long. He does not have a swing and miss pitch right now. He is battling out there with average stuff. The fastball does not seem to have late life to it, and the breaking pitches are 50/50 whether they are flat or sharp breaking.

Even when his stuff is on it's fleeting. Lasts an inning or two and by the 4th at the latest it's gone. Seems like it's as much a mental problem as it is mechanical.

34 minutes ago, faba said:

Mets hit home runs they win that is their formula hah

Pretty much.  

Love seeing Matz really turn it around too.  Retired the first 19 of 20?  That's lights out. I mean, its the Braves but still. 

And I dont know what it means that the day after Collins called out Plawecki, Rivera homers...

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Pretty much.  

Love seeing Matz really turn it around too.  Retired the first 19 of 20?  That's lights out. I mean, its the Braves but still. 

And I dont know what it means that the day after Collins called out Plawecki, Rivera homers...

Matz would be the #1 SP on more than a few teams including the one over in the Bronx.

There might be a better or more unlikely moment all year.

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=669453283?topic_id=18985532&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

On 5/3/2016 at 8:43 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

So I have a season long bet for a bottle of scotch with a buddy that Bartolo is finally going to hit a home run this year. When he hit that screamer that went foul in the second I almost lost my sh*t.

WHO CALLED IT BIATCHES!!!

On 5/3/2016 at 9:43 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Ok I bow down to you -hah

Archived