2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

21 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

You work quick with the demise you bring.

dude I took down the 2002 yankees, that was childs play.  If only I could be hypnotized to love tom brady....

just to test the theory again, I will go into mets blackout and turn my thor love to stone

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, no psls said:

It's Happy Harvey Day !! It's Happy Harvey Day !! But , what if the Chi Sox knock him around again ...

images (2).jpg

images (3).jpg

images (4).jpg

images.jpg

images (1).jpg

Nothing to worry about today.  And the clean inning from Familia was the icing on the cake.  

1 hour ago, faba said:

The Mets lineup is resembling last year  before trade deadline- and totally dependent on home runs to score

Playing without their catcher and two corner infielders who were legit pieces to the line-up is starting to wear on them.  It will be interesting to see how long Sandy waits this year to add a bat to fill the void caused by injury.  They're good enough to hang around as is with all that SP but a bat to replace Duda's pop would help.

Michael Fulmer, the SP we traded for Cespedes is starting to make his mark in the Majors. Good to see a trade work out for both teams.

Fulmer (5-1) took a no-hitter into the seventh inning in Wednesday's win against the Angels. He pitched 7.2 scoreless innings, allowing two hits and two walks while striking out eight.

Coming into the game, Fulmer had delivered 14.2 innings of one-run ball with 14 strikeouts over his last two outings. He continued his dominant ways Wednesday, shutting down an Angels lineup that scored 11 runs on 17 hits in their previous game. The right-hander is learning how to use his changeup more effectively, and has certainly earned a long-term spot in Detroit's rotation. The 23-year-old will take a 3.24 ERA into his next start on Monday against the Blue Jays.

On June 2, 2016 at 8:24 PM, GimmeShelter said:

Michael Fulmer, the SP we traded for Cespedes is starting to make his mark in the Majors. Good to see a trade work out for both teams.

Fulmer (5-1) took a no-hitter into the seventh inning in Wednesday's win against the Angels. He pitched 7.2 scoreless innings, allowing two hits and two walks while striking out eight.

Coming into the game, Fulmer had delivered 14.2 innings of one-run ball with 14 strikeouts over his last two outings. He continued his dominant ways Wednesday, shutting down an Angels lineup that scored 11 runs on 17 hits in their previous game. The right-hander is learning how to use his changeup more effectively, and has certainly earned a long-term spot in Detroit's rotation. The 23-year-old will take a 3.24 ERA into his next start on Monday against the Blue Jays.

That's why that trade went until like 13 minutes before that trade deadline was over. Sandy didn't want to trade Fulmer and held out until basically the last minute. But Detroit  wouldn't trade Cespedes unless Fulmer was in the trade. Anyways I'll take it. No WS last year without Cespy. ?

8 minutes ago, faba said:
Duda, Wright and now Lagares all on disabled list- yikes

I heard that Lagares was going to try to play through it. I didnt think he is going on the DL. At least not yet. Good to see Ces back in the lineup today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I heard that Lagares was going to try to play through it. I dint think he is going in DL. At least not yet. Good to see Ces back in the lineup today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I just saw going on DL

The mirroring from last year is just insane at this point. Injuries, scrambling to find guys, and an offense that has gone completely anemic. It's baseball season for sure. Just stay in the thick of things, boys, weather the storm and keep us in position to make a run when we're ready.

The Mets should call Dilson and Rivera up. Rivera has been hitting like a mofo and there's really nothing to lose from losing the bats of Flores and Reynolds at 3rd, maybe even see if Walker can play 3rd and/or 1st. The silver lining of what the Mets are going through is that it gives them an opportunity to play around with some things to better assess what moves they'll need to make come the deadline. So whatever, play .500 ball, stay afloat, and make your tweaks. The Mets have a really tough stretch to end the first half of the season (Nats/Cubs/Marlins/Nats), so let's use the next three weeks to prep for that. But the one thing the Mets should NOT do is keep rolling out this same lineup.

MLB Draft begins tomorrow night at 7.  With the Mets having 3 picks on Day 1 (# 19, 31 and 64) this year's draft will be a fairly big deal. 

CBS and MLB.com has us mocked to make a fairly obvious pick at 19 in Wake Forest 3B Will Craig, who we've been linked to for a while and isn't expected to make it to us at 31.  MLB.com has us taking Kent State lefty Eric Lauer (0.69 ERA this year, lowest in D-I Baseball since 1979) at 31.  Craig and Lauer would be a GREAT haul. 

Baseball America has Craig going at 18 to the Yankees, and thus says we will take California HS OF Blake Rutherford, then taking a "safer" college player at 31 in UCONN lefty Anthony Kay. 

Kelly Johnson was a no brainer to pick up- very disturbing on how lack of hitting is ruining us again this year so far- washington is not imploding this year we need to be better

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

MLB Draft begins tomorrow night at 7.  With the Mets having 3 picks on Day 1 (# 19, 31 and 64) this year's draft will be a fairly big deal. 

CBS and MLB.com has us mocked to make a fairly obvious pick at 19 in Wake Forest 3B Will Craig, who we've been linked to for a while and isn't expected to make it to us at 31.  MLB.com has us taking Kent State lefty Eric Lauer (0.69 ERA this year, lowest in D-I Baseball since 1979) at 31.  Craig and Lauer would be a GREAT haul. 

Baseball America has Craig going at 18 to the Yankees, and thus says we will take California HS OF Blake Rutherford, then taking a "safer" college player at 31 in UCONN lefty Anthony Kay. 

Need to re-stock the farm system with some near ready college players. 

On the flip side, Nimmo has been raking the last couple of weeks

Syndergaard vs Taillon better be as interesting as it might be.

Mets getting Rutheford would be a potential coup. He was much higher ranked going in. Craig can mash, but I find Lauer a little boring. Mets have shown a willingness to think outside the box in the draft - Harvey and Matz were not popular draft day picks - and I really want some team to take the dive on HS OF Avery Tuck or LHSP Kyle Mullen in the first. Seems like the Mets are set up to have an outstanding draft this year THO.

24 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Craig can mash, but I find Lauer a little boring.

Kent St did face a weak MAC schedule this year and Lauer only faced Top 100 competition twice.  So his numbers have to be taken with a grain of salt.  He also doesn't have that one pitch you can point to as his "go-to" out pitch.  But the guy simply gets outs anyways.  That has value when you're talking about the back end of the 1st round.  Especially since the Mets will one day need some of those middle-of-the-rotation type guys after we eventually lose 1 or 2 of our expensive arms.

I would like the pick a lot there.

Archived