Jump to content

2016 Mets Thread!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

P.S. For the second time in my life an all-time great playoff catch made by a Met will now be rendered forgotten because they lost the game.

Blah blah....fuheggitaboutit   We have like three or four 1st baseman and Dominic Smith looming. The resources for outside help go everywhere but there. Throwing out a bunch of alphabet lett

Posted Images

Brutal.

 

Compounded exponentially by a blathering Verducci

 

I had more fun watching the Art Howe Mets. **** me

 

Time for Netflix. I'm not gonna sit there and watch Wash put us seven down

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Reyes would have scored that run.

Flores bat has been good and a young team like the Mets doesn't need a guy who simply quit in Colorado. We all liked Reyes back in the day but that day was a long time ago. I would offer SD Wheeler and something small for Myers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

Flores bat has been good and a young team like the Mets doesn't need a guy who simply quit in Colorado. We all liked Reyes back in the day but that day was a long time ago. I would offer SD Wheeler and something small for Myers.

I'd use Flores at 1st in a platoon with Loney.  Reyes off the bench would be valuable.  He didn't exactly quit in Colorado.  He wasn't great but he's better than their bench options.  Even his diminished performance in Colorado is better than anything Campbell, Kelly and what Matt Reynolds will bring to the table.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fascinating and amusing blurb from Rotoworld.

Adam Duvall hit a game-tying, two-run home run in the ninth inning of Saturday's game against the Astros.

Duvall is your National League home run leader with a few weeks before the All-Star break, as the 28-year-old now has 20 bombs and 48 RBI on the year. Just like everyone anticipated in spring.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be very telling what Sandy does come Monday. Blowing a series to Atlanta at home is completely unacceptable, I don't care who they've had out. If they were playing .500 ball that would be one thing, but they're 7-9 this month and you can't risk falling much further behind the Nats. I don't know about you guys but I want nothing to do with competing for a Wild Card game. 

I can't for the life of me understand why we are throwing this same lineup of backups out there every day. Forget trades or bargain signings, there are several call-ups that the Mets could make right now and they're just not, and it makes no sense as to why because it's not like the guys on the field are producing that much. I'm not going to start doubting Sandy, but I am starting to worry that he's simply waiting too long to pull the trigger on these kids.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing Sandy would prefer not to bring the young guys up in a critical situation and put the onus on them to get things on the right path. That he would prefer to inject some youth in an already positive situation at the right time for them.

He also has  a good idea about what they are capable of accomplishing at this point and probably wouldn't want to count on THEM to get this going.

 

I don't think you can count on Duda, d'Arnaud, or Lagares either.

 

With the young guys doing well, and no injuries they still would need a veteran guy, that's a consistent, good, productive player to carry some of the load.

 

The easiest way to do it is to inject some Coupon money and make it easy for Sandy to get someone. With or with out that they need to get a good player.

 

I don't give a **** who's getting overpaid where and who has to sit a little. 

 

When we fall short we can fall back on the all the injuries and issues. Oh well

Link to post
Share on other sites

This team is pathetic.  Injuries be damned.  They're gutless.  Worst team in the league with runners in scoring position.  They have zero ability to manufacture anything and I dont know what needs to happen for Collins to realize with a team this bad at the plate, you have to be willing to take some risks.

Harvey, deGrom, Matz - and you get swept by the Braves, at home?  That's unacceptable and should be having people feeling the hot seat. 

Bring up Nimmo.  Why not?  **** sake.  This team is terrible. 

Alderson cant waste this window.  He has to make some significant moves and Kelly Johnson isnt it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JiF said:

This team is pathetic.  Injuries be damned.  They're gutless.  Worst team in the league with runners in scoring position.  They have zero ability to manufacture anything and I dont know what needs to happen for Collins to realize with a team this bad at the plate, you have to be willing to take some risks.

Harvey, deGrom, Matz - and you get swept by the Braves, at home?  That's unacceptable and should be having people feeling the hot seat. 

Bring up Nimmo.  Why not?  **** sake.  This team is terrible. 

Alderson cant waste this window.  He has to make some significant moves and Kelly Johnson isnt it.

 

They need one impact bat and that's due to injuries.  Sandy is likely way ahead of us (he better be) but now is the time when the price tags are probably higher than they will be in a few weeks or the players he is looking at aren't yet being made available.

It was an embarrassing series to drop that's for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2016 at 11:45 PM, GimmeShelter said:

Flores bat has been good and a young team like the Mets doesn't need a guy who simply quit in Colorado. We all liked Reyes back in the day but that day was a long time ago. I would offer SD Wheeler and something small for Myers.

Reyes had a .688 OPS last year/Wilmer has a .688 this year.

You say Reyes quit and he did the same as a guy you say is good.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, faba said:

Tuesday Night Baseball lineup:

Granderson RF
Cabrera SS
Cespedes CF
Walker 2B
Loney 1B
Flores 3B
Conforto LF
d’Arnaud C
Colon P

Alright , they moved Thor to Wednesday ; I'm going Wednesday ; HAPPY DANCE !!!!!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, adb280z said:

Reyes had a .688 OPS last year/Wilmer has a .688 this year.

You say Reyes quit and he did the same as a guy you say is good.  

I guess it depends which version of Reyes shows up. Comparing him to Flores speaks volumes of how far he has fallen.

I'd welcome him. I just don't see him as an upgrade. The ONLY reason Mets Management is even looking at him is because it's too early for the players they really want to target to be available.

We're becoming a MASH unit with injuries so who knows. Hopefully Wheeler is just feeling scar tissue as we may need him as trade bait next month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

I guess it depends which version of Reyes shows up. Comparing him to Flores speaks volumes of how far he has fallen.

I'd welcome him. I just don't see him as an upgrade. The ONLY reason Mets Management is even looking at him is because it's too early for the players they really want to target to be available.

We're becoming a MASH unit with injuries so who knows. Hopefully Wheeler is just feeling scar tissue as we may need him as trade bait next month.

I'm looking at him as an upgrade anyone currently on their bench + Loney and Flores.  I don't expect that he'll steal 60+ bases or hit .330 but he's better than what they have.  Just think what do they do if Cabrera has to miss time? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, adb280z said:

I'm looking at him as an upgrade anyone currently on their bench + Loney and Flores.  I don't expect that he'll steal 60+ bases or hit .330 but he's better than what they have.  Just think what do they do if Cabrera has to miss time? 

I agree. The fact that he only costs cash (assuming he clears waivers) helps. I would just like to see what Flores can do with everyday AB's for a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There really isn't a spot for Reyes if they continue with Flores. We don't know for how long he'll hit for us. Some guys are just not 400-500 ab players. But he seems more consistent than that in terms of his offense. Like maybe he can hit over the long haul. His defense is acceptable he's made a few great plays and he plays hard. But Reyes comes very cheap and if he accepts a smaller role than he's had in the past I'd love to see the Mets give him a 2nd chance. To the best of our knowledge he's not an habitual wife beater. So I'm saying this not just because he might be able to help us but Jose is a home grown talent and if any team goes to bat for him it should be us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

There really isn't a spot for Reyes if they continue with Flores. We don't know for how long he'll hit for us. Some guys are just not 400-500 ab players. But he seems more consistent than that in terms of his offense. Like maybe he can hit over the long haul. His defense is acceptable he's made a few great plays and he plays hard. But Reyes comes very cheap and if he accepts a smaller role than he's had in the past I'd love to see the Mets give him a 2nd chance. To the best of our knowledge he's not an habitual wife beater. So I'm saying this not just because he might be able to help us but Jose is a home grown talent and if any team goes to bat for him it should be us. 

Reyes could be the first guy off the bench and primary backup at 3 positions.  That's plenty valuable.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job by the bullpen last night. Really have to give it up for Robles.

The fact that this team is only 3 games in the loss column behind the Nationals in the standings is incredible. If they can maintain and not give up any ground before the All Star break, they will be in  great shape for the second half

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reynolds actually looks pretty decent in left. That's 4 positions for him now. I like how they're turning him into a nice little utility guy. I thought it was really weird he was getting priority over some of the other prospects, but in hindsight it looks like they've been grooming him to be that type of player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Great job by the bullpen last night. Really have to give it up for Robles.

The fact that this team is only 3 games in the loss column behind the Nationals in the standings is incredible. If they can maintain and not give up any ground before the All Star break, they will be in  great shape for the second half

This is why despite all my gripes with Collins within games, I still love the guy. Second year in a row he's done this playing with half a lineup.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

By friend Aaron's kid, aka "Mini Thor", threw out the first pitch today before Thor himself took the mound.  So cool.

 

13528783_10101583277606186_4664531492639

My son, a mini knucklehead, topped his fastball out at 85 at a showcase this morning. He will be a junior in the fall. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Reynolds actually looks pretty decent in left. That's 4 positions for him now. I like how they're turning him into a nice little utility guy. I thought it was really weird he was getting priority over some of the other prospects, but in hindsight it looks like they've been grooming him to be that type of player.

I would like to point out that after I posted this, he hit the home run.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Awesome!  Any college offers yet?

So far just small college offers (D2), with some asks by some D1's. This will be a big summer )we go to Georgia twice for perfect game tournaments), as well a big fall. Hope a good offer can come this fall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

So far just small college offers (D2), with some asks by some D1's. This will be a big summer )we go to Georgia twice for perfect game tournaments), as well a big fall. Hope a good offer can come this fall.

UNCW has had some awesome walk-on stories under Coach Scalf.  Just saying.  :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...