adb280z

2016 Mets Thread!

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

UNCW has had some awesome walk-on stories under Coach Scalf.  Just saying.  :)

Have not been on that campus yet, but that would not be a bad thing. We were at William and Mary last weekend, and go to Virginia Tech for a tournament this weekend.

I am apt to steer him to a smaller school, so that he can play more immediately.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Have not been on that campus yet, but that would not be a bad thing. We were at William and Mary last weekend, and go to Virginia Tech for a tournament this weekend.

I am apt to steer him to a smaller school, so that he can play more immediately.

Great program, coaching staff, and a beautiful campus, 10 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean and the Cape Fear River.  Voted by Playboy to have the best looking student body on the east coast (60+ % girls on campus too) and the baseball players easily get the hottest chicks of all the athletes on campus.  If he's into that life yet.  :)

• Upvote 1

the agony of a Mets fan

Adam RubinESPN Staff Writer 

rubin_adam_m.jpg

Left wrist discomfort is the official reason for Yoenis Cespedes' departure from Wednesday's game against the Royals.

icon-espn-e-@2x.png
5m

24 minutes ago, faba said:

the agony of a Mets fan

rubin_adam_m.jpg

Left wrist discomfort is the official reason for Yoenis Cespedes' departure from Wednesday's game against the Royals.

icon-espn-e-@2x.png
5m

Never ends.  Really need Familia to close this W out today.

In less than 24 hours: Bartolo's thumb, Thor's elbow, Yo's wrist.

I don't even understand what's happening at this point. How is this possible?

Thor's 'elbow' is making me nauseous.......

Any word on Wheeler?

I'm feeling sick.... 

57 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Thor's 'elbow' is making me nauseous.......

Any word on Wheeler?

I'm feeling sick.... 

No structural damage was found in the MRI of Noah Syndergaard's right elbow.

Syndergaard exited Wednesday's start against the Royals after six innings. Following the game, manager Terry Collins said that his right elbow had flared up. No damage was found in the subsequent MRI. He has been prescribed anti-inflammatory medication and cleared to resume his normal work, though he could still be held out of Monday's start if the Mets opt not to push him back into action immediately.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

No structural damage was found in the MRI of Noah Syndergaard's right elbow.

Syndergaard exited Wednesday's start against the Royals after six innings. Following the game, manager Terry Collins said that his right elbow had flared up. No damage was found in the subsequent MRI. He has been prescribed anti-inflammatory medication and cleared to resume his normal work, though he could still be held out of Monday's start if the Mets opt not to push him back into action immediately.

Thanks. Just saw that Wheeler and Ces are okay too.

Beautiful thing dropping a couple of L's on the Royals

Four injuries in 2 days, 2 of which were the 2 best players on the team; everyone day-to-day. Jesus. That could have been the season right there.

Thor posted this pic with Mini-Thor (and a reference to his elbow being OK below it) to his Instagram.  So cool.

13516741_10101584416294246_3696843721558

• Upvote 1

Kid threw from the mound too.  After all, 60 feet 6 inches away is where Thor prefers to meet people, so.....

062216_nym_mini_thor_kid_med_e7zm36sg.gi

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, deucebag said:

Any nj.com peeps indahouse?

I've been posting here and at the old NJ.com Mets board.... welcome.

rubin_adam_m.jpg

The Mets front office has announced that Terry Collins and Jay Horowitz will be settling their differences and raising money for charity at the same time. The two will be "fighting" each other in a celebrity sumu style wrestling event that will raise money for the ASPCA.

icon-espn-e-@2x.png
 5m
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, deucebag said:

rubin_adam_m.jpg

The Mets front office has announced that Terry Collins and Jay Horowitz will be settling their differences and raising money for charity at the same time. The two will be "fighting" each other in a celebrity sumu style wrestling event that will raise money for the ASPCA.

icon-espn-e-@2x.png
 5m

You know, that was a real dick move on Collins' part. Horowitz has been working for the organization for like 30 years, no need to try to publicly emasculate the guy just because you're cranky.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You know, that was a real dick move on Collins' part. Horowitz has been working for the organization for like 30 years, no need to try to publicly emasculate the guy just because you're cranky.

Yeah Jay's been a household name within the org forever.....does Terry have a beef with him?

Just now, GimmeShelter said:

Yeah Jay's been a household name within the org forever.....does Terry have a beef with him?

I think it's just the organizational stuff he has a beef with. He always has. Anything trade or injury related he always seems to be annoyed with answering for. If you remember last year with the Flores/CarGo thing he completely lost it on Alderson after the game. I'm wondering if all the minor injuries that happened within the span of both KC games just put him in that mindset, but that was still way out of line.

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I hear ya.  It's cool that it's for a good cause at least.  But still kinda weird.

Horowitz has always been the target of jokes like that. And the impression I get is he can be a pain in the ass at times.

I have no problem with what Terry said. Should he have said it out loud? Prolly not. But, he's the one who has go to through that grind every day with the media. And he doesn't need Jay Horowitz telling him how to handle the Thor situation with them. 

I bet Terry didn't want to discuss Thor with them and Horowitz should just stfu. Terry's done an excellent job with media since he's been here.

**** Jay Horowitz.

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I hear ya.  It's cool that it's for a good cause at least.  But still kinda weird.

dude that was a joke, I fabricated it.

Mets shortstop prospect Amed Rosario has been promoted from High-A St. Lucie to Double-A Binghamton.
Rosario earned the promotion by batting .309/.359/.442 with three home runs, 40 RBI, 13 stolen bases, and 27 runs scored in 66 games at the High-A level. The 20-year-old top shortstop prospect will be one of the youngest players in the Double-A Eastern League.
Source: Anthony DiComo on Twitter

26 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mets shortstop prospect Amed Rosario has been promoted from High-A St. Lucie to Double-A Binghamton.
Rosario earned the promotion by batting .309/.359/.442 with three home runs, 40 RBI, 13 stolen bases, and 27 runs scored in 66 games at the High-A level. The 20-year-old top shortstop prospect will be one of the youngest players in the Double-A Eastern League.
Source: Anthony DiComo on Twitter

Cecchini just won PCL player of the week too. It's been a great couple of months for the farm system.

Noah will make his next start on Monday vs Washington

Free-agent 3B Yulieski Gourriel will hold a workout with the Mets next week.

4 hours ago, faba said:

Free-agent 3B Yulieski Gourriel will hold a workout with the Mets next week.

Pass..... give the kids a shot.

I was just complimenting Rosario the other day. He is one of the good ones out there, as in the whole minors rather than even just one system. 

Cecchini reeks of a utility player, but nothing wrong with that Rosario and Herrera can hit like they might. Nimmo's weird but I've a always been a fan of low K/high BB hitters in the minors. Not sure about his defense THO and he'll need that and/or power to be a stud in the majors. 

Edit: Take that back on Cecchini....between he and Herrera there is probably a starting 2B. He can fall back on utility.

Edited by SenorGato

Pass..... give the kids a shot.

The Mets are a now team. If they can get him they absolutely should go for it.

4 hours ago, adb280z said:

The Mets are a now team. If they can get him they absolutely should go for it.

What's the point of having a farm system then? Every time you have an injury you spend $50m on a 32 yr. old(?) player from Cuba.

Walker is a FA next yr( Qualifying offer 1st rd. pick) as we get ready for the Dilson Herreira era.

Cespedes may walk(Becerra '18)), Cabrera ( Rosario '18) 2017, Duda gone after 2017( Dom Smith), Wright most likely to retire (Checcini), Granderson (Nimmo) gone after 2017.

Let's get the kids some playing time and get ready for '17-'18 while we still have pitchers locked up.

This team not equipped to win now and this 32 yr. old Cuban is not the answer for the next 4-5 years.

It's so Mets like that the Braves are just owning them right now.  Might as well sweep all 7 from us.  Harvey losses twice to them in under a week? 

lmfao

This team is pathetic. 

Ok losing 4 straight to Braves is hard to take-no matter with injuries or not.