2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

- A couple Mets fan trolls have been trolling the Cubs thread for a couple months now, likely because they know that the Cubs are the better team now and the better franchise moving forward. None of these folks had anything to say when the Cubs weren't the top dog in the NL. The past 5+ pages of the Cubs thread are littered with troll activity from a couple guys here. I find it extremely hypocritical, and at least a little telling of perhaps some decline in quality overall here, that my posts are supposed to have some maniacal agenda but these trolls are allowed to act as they act without question. They keep posting in the Cubs forum, offering nothing, I will post in the Mets thread freely and in whatever manner I like out of principle. I didn't ask for this nonsense but if this is how JN's baseball forum works now then fine with me. 

I've generally given up on paying you any mind and responding to you, but this is truly a sad statement. Listen to yourself here. Christ man, get a life.

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

http://i.imgur.com/lMFp1e7.gif

You would reference the least funny cast member in an otherwise talented group. Dropping the mic isn't even his original bit lol. I can't say I'm suprised a hack like yourself would make this choice THO

34 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I've generally given up on paying you any mind

You keep saying this but you always, without fail, find your way in. It's that level of delusion that makes you the heavy clout poster you are today, somehow it works.

Oh, and I re-read it and am cool with it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

That is what you get with Collins. He is not a "small ball" type of manager. Whether that is good or bad, is certainly debatable. You would certainly hope that you could have a manager that is flexible in those situations, but that is not what Collins is.

For me it's not so much about flexibility as it is about sensibility. Like leaving Goeddel out there for Stanton, or tinkering that much with a lineup that's been on a 5-game winning streak. At the very least save that for the day game where you're starting Rivera anyways and make sure you lock the series up. It's July, so whatever, but yesterday was about as big an opportunity as they've had all year to tighten the gap on the Nats and position themselves to go into the break making a push for the division, and we just kind of let it flutter away. Like I get you want to start getting Reyes some time, but in the middle of a 5-game winning streak during the two teams we're competing against for the division? Seriously?

That said I'm sure Reyes and Wilmer will bat in 9 runs today and I'll look like an idiot as usual.

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Here Gato, I will give you more than you deserve here-A chance to explain yourself.

How do you form opinions on high school players ability, that you have never seen. 

171748_30267d4d004c515082f801aab2769cee.

What in the **** kind of explanation would work for you Scotty D? I mean the depth of your baseball knowledge seems to be whatever happened yesterday and made it into a beat writer's writeup in the morning, and you are proud of it. How does a non-casual fan even begin to explain to someone like yourself, a casual fan and antagonistic troll who seems to actually believe he knows it all?

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

What in the **** kind of explanation would work for you Scotty? I mean the depth of your baseball knowledge seems to be whatever happened yesterday and made it into a beat writer's writeup in the morning. How does a non-casual fan even begin to explain to someone like yourself, an antagonistic troll who seems to actually believe he knows it all? 

As I expected, a non-answer. 

I will just ignore you in all threads now.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

As I expected, a non-answer. 

I will just ignore you in all threads now.

Of course you had no expectations, you do not deserve a serious conversation or answer at this point and would be delusional to expect one from me. I bet you'll still troll. I have no issues with my responses to your trolls being ignored, I welcome it.

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Of course you had no expectations, you do not deserve a serious conversation or answer at this point and would be delusional to expect one from me. I bet you'll still troll. I have no issues with my responses to your trolls being ignored, I welcome it.

Of course you don't.  it would allow your bs to continue unfettered. You should just have a room to hear yourself talk, because that is what you want. Amaze yourself with your own utter nonsense. 

I gave you the forum to explain how you evaluate talent at the high school level (talent that you don't see-unless you want to enlighten us), but you dodged the question. explains a lot. 

Good bye (unless you have a legitimate answer).

44 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Of course you don't.  it would allow your bs to continue unfettered. You should just have a room to hear yourself talk, because that is what you want. Amaze yourself with your own utter nonsense. 

I gave you the forum to explain how you evaluate talent at the high school level (talent that you don't see-unless you want to enlighten us), but you dodged the question. explains a lot. 

Good bye (unless you have a legitimate answer).

Sooooooo areeee you ignoring me or aren't you? 

Once again, I owe you no explanation and you deserve zero serious responses or conversation from me. You've shown yourself to be nothing but an unknowledgable troll who takes great pride in being such. I never lacked the forum to explain why I know about baseball prospects at all levels and have for a long time now. You offer me nothing I lacked and that you think you did is just further evidence of the low character, deluded troll you choose to be just because the baseball team I like is better than the baseball team you like.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Weeeeak lol. Scoooooottttaaaaaaay!

- Nobody gave a sh*t about my baseball opinions here until the Cubs became, clearly, the best all around team in baseball. It's my favorite sport, I know what I'm talking about, and have been talking confrontation free baseball on this forum, hell probably in this thread, for years.

- I don't care that the Mets beat the Cubs in July this year. The Cubs swept the Mets during the regular season last year, that also had no predictive value and zero of this forum's multiple Cubs fans trolled this thread over minor figures like that. 

- A couple Mets fan trolls have been trolling the Cubs thread for a couple months now, likely because they know that the Cubs are the better team now and the better franchise moving forward. None of these folks had anything to say when the Cubs weren't the top dog in the NL. The past 5+ pages of the Cubs thread are littered with troll activity from a couple guys here. I find it extremely hypocritical, and at least a little telling of perhaps some decline in quality overall here, that my posts are supposed to have some maniacal agenda but these trolls are allowed to act as they act without question. They keep posting in the Cubs forum, offering nothing, I will post in the Mets thread freely and in whatever manner I like out of principle. I didn't ask for this nonsense but if this is how JN's baseball forum works now then fine with me. 

Oh, and I like you too. I am genuinely confused by why a quality poster like yourself would even kinda sorta align with slime like those guys. Is it that they like the same team? Sure, I'd be wiser to ignore those trolls but they've filled up the Cubs thread, there really are not any options.

I align to no one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just curious.  I've never opened the Cubs thread because I dont follow the Cubs.  Didnt know you were getting trolled in there. 

Carry on.  You're not bothering me one bit.  Just didnt get the "why" behind it.

You play the hand you're dealt. You play to win and stay aggressive. The second guesses about last night's game are questionable, imo. Terry was trying to keep Wilmer on his roll and keep Wilmer confident. Terry always considers the position he puts his players in.

Bunting Wilmer there is not playing to his strength or the teams strength at that moment.

Stanton tagged Matz too. Maybe Terry shouldn't have started Matz either? C'mon, we score two ******* runs and Stanton went off.

We signed Reyes to make the team better. So the sooner he starts playing well the better. If you don't like Reyes on the team then blame Sandy about not considering the chemistry and emotional state.......and all that:huh:

Terry's gotta trust his players, and put them ALL in a position to succeed, and set them up to succeed for the long haul. He's done that well all along.

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

You play the hand you're dealt. You play to win and stay aggressive. The second guesses about last night's game are questionable, imo. Terry was trying to keep Wilmer on his roll and keep Wilmer confident. Terry always considers the position he puts his players in.

Bunting Wilmer there is not playing to his strength or the teams strength at that moment.

Stanton tagged Matz too. Maybe Terry shouldn't have started Matz either? C'mon, we score two ******* runs and Stanton went off.

We signed Reyes to make the team better. So the sooner he starts playing well the better. If you don't like Reyes on the team then blame Sandy about not considering the chemistry and emotional state.......and all that:huh:

Terry's gotta trust his players, and put them ALL in a position to succeed, and set them up to succeed for the long haul. He's done that well all along.

I dont know about that.  Flores is destined to see a lot of pine and Collins pretty much told him he was going to be a back up player after signing Reyes.  So I'm not sure what roll he wanted to keep Wilmer on.  Considering this roll you're referring to was actually only one game and he was like 0-17 coming into that game is beside the point.  I just think when you have 2 hits all from one player on the night and that player is on first with no outs and great base speed, you should try to advance him.  You dont sacrifice division games for the sake of keeping a guy rolling who isnt going to be huge part of your playoff run now.  And I dont think asking a player who's not a great hitter to bunt in a crucial spot is not going to ruin whatever hot bat you think he has. 

The Mets had 2 hits on the night.  The strength at that moment, was to advance the runner and see if you could push a run through in a tight division game on a night where nobody could hit, again.

It's nit picking but it's something I truly cant stand about Terry. 

Comparing that to Matz is just being silly to be silly. 

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Havent posted here in a while, so if its been discussed, apologies. I am having a hard time with the Reyes signing. I loved Reyes when he was here, but man, what he did is really, really bad. Really wish they did not sign him. 

I feel the same way. I think when they signed him the team needed a jolt, but that was not the way to do it.

The jolt that got was from actually taking great at bats (insert pseudo intellectual Gato sabermetrics here). 

I hope he gets relegated to the bench more than a starting role.

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I feel the same way. I think when they signed him the team needed a jolt, but that was not the way to do it.

The jolt that got was from actually taking great at bats (insert pseudo intellectual Gato sabermetrics here). 

I hope he gets relegated to the bench more than a starting role.

Agree, I have a hard time rooting for him at this point, so the less playing time he gets the better.

58 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont know about that.  Flores is destined to see a lot of pine and Collins pretty much told him he was going to be a back up player after signing Reyes.  So I'm not sure what roll he wanted to keep Wilmer on.  Considering this roll you're referring to was actually only one game and he was like 0-17 coming into that game is beside the point.  I just think when you have 2 hits all from one player on the night and that player is on first with no outs and great base speed, you should try to advance him.  You dont sacrifice division games for the sake of keeping a guy rolling who isnt going to be huge part of your playoff run now.  And I dont think asking a player who's not a great hitter to bunt in a crucial spot is not going to ruin whatever hot bat you think he has. 

The Mets had 2 hits on the night.  The strength at that moment, was to advance the runner and see if you could push a run through in a tight division game on a night where nobody could hit, again.

It's nit picking but it's something I truly cant stand about Terry. 

Comparing that to Matz is just being silly to be silly. 

Imo, people just don't like Terry. That's the problem imo. The second guessing is easy. But after today Wilmer's not riding the pine soon. Terry's goal is to make ALL his players comfortable and productive. He wants a deep team where everybody contributes. That's what he does and what he did last year. You don't discard guys. You make your whole roster work and put everybody in a position to succeed. That's what it takes in the end.

To me second guessing the moves yesterday is silly. Sometimes you just get beat. Obviously Stanton is back on his game. So he's clobbering everybody now. If he can hit rockets off of Matz and deGROM, he can hit mammoth blasts of everybody. The Marlins are a good team. They get paid too.

If Wilmer attempted to bunt and popped it up there would've been fans screaming bloody murder about that. Asking Wilmer to bunt there is not the move. Just let him hit. You don't play a certain way because you have no faith in somebody.  It's the heart of your order for better or worse. Until we get another hitter on our roster we will be lacking behind Ces in the order. The idea that Terry doesn't consider his players strengths, and game situations, and fans know better makes me nuts.

It's every time there's a loss people come up with what Terry should've done. If I listened to everybody's ideas on how to manage this team you'd think we'd be 84-0.

I understand it's part of baseball and part of the fun for fans to question why Mgr's do things. But Terry's a good Mgr. and has done little or nothing to hold this team back since he's been here, Imo. Some fans are defeatist and need blame to someone tho.

16 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Morning, does anyone know what this means? What is a Gato sabermetrics? Does this just sh*tty, sh*tty human being think I invented sabermetrics? Or only the pseudo intellectual ones, as determined by a willfully dumb Scotty D? It surprises me that such a clear slimeball thrives and is allowed to do so.

16 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Agree, I have a hard time rooting for him at this point, so the less playing time he gets the better.

Give me a ******* break ; enough of this politically correct bullsh*t ; if he helps our team , sign him . PERIOD .

12 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

Flores!!  Nice win today. Hopefully the word on Harvey tomorrow is nothing major.

You can thank me.  Every time I shame someone on the team, they go off.

Who's struggling so I can shame them? 

15 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Imo, people just don't like Terry. That's the problem imo. The second guessing is easy. But after today Wilmer's not riding the pine soon. Terry's goal is to make ALL his players comfortable and productive. He wants a deep team where everybody contributes. That's what he does and what he did last year. You don't discard guys. You make your whole roster work and put everybody in a position to succeed. That's what it takes in the end.

To me second guessing the moves yesterday is silly. Sometimes you just get beat. Obviously Stanton is back on his game. So he's clobbering everybody now. If he can hit rockets off of Matz and deGROM, he can hit mammoth blasts of everybody. The Marlins are a good team. They get paid too.

If Wilmer attempted to bunt and popped it up there would've been fans screaming bloody murder about that. Asking Wilmer to bunt there is not the move. Just let him hit. You don't play a certain way because you have no faith in somebody.  It's the heart of your order for better or worse. Until we get another hitter on our roster we will be lacking behind Ces in the order. The idea that Terry doesn't consider his players strengths, and game situations, and fans know better makes me nuts.

It's every time there's a loss people come up with what Terry should've done. If I listened to everybody's ideas on how to manage this team you'd think we'd be 84-0.

I understand it's part of baseball and part of the fun for fans to question why Mgr's do things. But Terry's a good Mgr. and has done little or nothing to hold this team back since he's been here, Imo. Some fans are defeatist and need blame to someone tho.

Whoa.  I complained about one game, one situation. 

I have no problem with Terry and respect a manager who sticks to his guns but I think you need to be flexible on nights where the bats are cold and you need runs.  Especially in division games.  That's really my only frustration with him.  He refuses to ever play any small ball when you should.  So I vented and you're welcome because Flores went off yesterday because that's type of ju-ju I'm providing this year as a fan. 

The whole fans know better comment thingy you made....well, it makes me nuts when people say that.  Managers arent always right and just because they're in the big show doesnt make them untouchable and you cant question their logic/decision making. I mean dude, this is the Mets we're talking about, they've provided me with a life time of ineptitude.  They still pay Bobby Bonilla 1mil on his Bday. 

Regardless, I'm still going to speak my mind and question decisions if I disagree.  

41 minutes ago, no psls said:

Give me a ******* break ; enough of this politically correct bullsh*t ; if he helps our team , sign him . PERIOD .

This has nothing to do with politically correct bullsh*t. Your entitled to disagree, just like I am entitled to my opinion. Some things are more important than winning in my opinion.

Terry Collins is a "forest, not the trees" type of manager, and always has been.  He's great at handling personalities and is a terrific leader for both veteran and young players alike.  They respect him and like playing for him.  Where he loses out sometimes is in the little details and situational baseball, and lest I come off as trying to wave those off, those things do matter for an MLB manager.

But I prefer the former skillset over the latter if you can only choose 1/2.  Give me a "big picture" type of manager that can handle the pressure of NY over a tactician who pisses off his players or can't handle the media/fan pressure.  If you can find someone who handles both perfectly, that would be awesome, but you usually can't find that unless you're extremely lucky.

One day TC will move on and we'll probably see Wally Backman take over.  But for now I'm cool with TC.  He is what he is and for the most part, I think his Pros outweigh the Cons.  Thus I try not to get too pissed off over individual decisions he makes, even when they're frustrating and occasionally cost us games.

Terry Collins is a "forest, not the trees" type of manager, and always has been.  He's great at handling personalities and is a terrific leader for both veteran and young players alike.  They respect him and like playing for him.  Where he loses out sometimes is in the little details and situational baseball, and lest I come off as trying to wave those off, those things do matter for an MLB manager.

But I prefer the former skillset over the latter if you can only choose 1/2.  Give me a "big picture" type of manager that can handle the pressure of NY over a tactician who pisses off his players or can't handle the media/fan pressure.  If you can find someone who handles both perfectly, that would be awesome, but you usually can't find that unless you're extremely lucky.

One day TC will move on and we'll probably see Wally Backman take over.  But for now I'm cool with TC.  He is what he is and for the most part, I think his Pros outweigh the Cons.  Thus I try not to get too pissed off over individual decisions he makes, even when they're frustrating and occasionally cost us games.

Wally is never managing this team.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No idea what type of guy Kevin Long is, but if he's got the personality for the job I'd like to see the reigns go to him. What he's done the past two years is remarkable.

Amed Rosario ranked 15th on BP's midseason top 50:

15. Amed Rosario, SS, New York Mets
Why He’ll Succeed: Rosario keeps getting better, every season. His ability to put on good weight without sacrificing athleticism enables him to stick at the six and rake at the plate, making him a threat on both sides of the ball.

Why He Might Fail: Still a work in progress, the approach and an unusual hand path could falter against better arms and better spin. If the bat doesn’t develop as anticipated, it is still a major-league package, but not an impact one.

Archived