Jump to content
adb280z

2016 Mets Thread!

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, faba said:

Murphy is just killing it this year I see 58 frickin rbi's geesh

It's time to stick one in Murphy's ribs . Calling THOR !! Calling THOR !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Collins called that Flores homer before the game btw. Said he'd probably come in at some point and deliver a clutch hit.

You get a cookie !!!

62710269.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BRYCE HARPER TAUNTS METS FANS AFTER HR

Quiet down, Citi Field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In looking at possible trade deadline available starters on CBS Sportsline after the news on Harvey added to the fact that Wheeler is likely still at least a month away the pickings appear to be slim.

The Braves Julio Teheran being far and away the most talented while the Braves have said that they will not move him. Contract status is signed through 2019 for $25.3M; club option worth $12M for 2020.  Not sure what the price tag would be to trade for him if he is made available or whether the FO would consider taking on that (IMO) very reasonable contract.

Other more pedestrian options that are likely going to be available are include Rich Hill, Jeremy Hellickson, Jake Odorzzi and Hector Santiago.

I normally wouldn't consider the team needing another starter but with how tight the division and WC races are I am not sure Verrett is a guy the team should depend on every 5th day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was as exciting of a baseball game you can watch.  

Flores cant mash.  I'm just going to keep saying it until he cools down.  haha

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SNY
Just now

New York Mets Matt Harvey to undergo season-ending surgery

 

 

 

Adam RubinESPN Staff Writer 

rubin_adam_m.jpg

Scott Boras tells ESPN that Matt Harvey will undergo surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Thompson to address thoracic outlet syndrome, ending his season. Boras says this is the reason Harvey underperformed this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, faba said:
SNY
Just now

New York Mets Matt Harvey to undergo season-ending surgery

Major loss. Hopefully Sandy doesn't let the recent run by the team blind him to the fact of how bad the line-up was during May-June along with the now obvious need for a reliable SP.

Depending on Duda's status, adding a power bat at 1st Base along with a SP would go a long way to helping the team. When you look at all of the injuries , Conforto slump/demotion, Degrom dead arm period, Harvey's poor performance and now injury along with the anemic offensive output for May-June we are lucky to be only 3 games out heading into the final w/end before the break. Terry deserves some credit for keeping what has basically been a bad team outside of the pitching staff afloat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mets top prospects have been depleted from last couple of years and Sandy will not trade the top guys  so chances remote a major trade is coming just like last year try to fit in pieces like Uribe and johnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

Major loss. Hopefully Sandy doesn't let the recent run by the team blind him to the fact of how bad the line-up was during May-June along with the now obvious need for a reliable SP.

Depending on Duda's status, adding a power bat at 1st Base along with a SP would go a long way to helping the team. When you look at all of the injuries , Conforto slump/demotion, Degrom dead arm period, Harvey's poor performance and now injury along with the anemic offensive output for May-June we are lucky to be only 3 games out heading into the final w/end before the break. Terry deserves some credit for keeping what has basically been a bad team outside of the pitching staff afloat.

 

Sandy mentioned the possibility of losing Harvey and the need to address the loss in the presser yesterday. Hopefully he does indeed address it at some point.

 

Kind of sickening news the reality of losing Matt....Damn

 

I really hope Sandy brings in a solid bat and another arm. Regardless of who may or may not make it back.

 

It might be time for the Wimpy's to step up and be counted and make a contribution to landing a guy if it takes money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, faba said:
SNY
Just now

New York Mets Matt Harvey to undergo season-ending surgery

 

 

 

Adam RubinESPN Staff Writer 

rubin_adam_m.jpg

Scott Boras tells ESPN that Matt Harvey will undergo surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Thompson to address thoracic outlet syndrome, ending his season. Boras says this is the reason Harvey underperformed this season.

I have patients who have had that surgery, who are pitchers.  They came the back fine, a lot of the time they will actually remove the top most rib on his throwing shoulder.  One kid kept it, made it into a necklace, and wore it on the mound.  (100% true story)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ayson StarkESPN Senior Writer 

stark_jayson_m.jpg

Bartolo Colon has been added to the NL All Stars to replace Madison Bumgarner (pitching Sunday). Can we also add Bartolo to the HR Derby pls?

icon-espn-e-@2x.png
29m
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, faba said:

ayson StarkESPN Senior Writer 

stark_jayson_m.jpg

Bartolo Colon has been added to the NL All Stars to replace Madison Bumgarner (pitching Sunday). Can we also add Bartolo to the HR Derby pls?

icon-espn-e-@2x.png
29m

Woooot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Will be interesting to see if they give Ynoa a shot. Still a little early but he's been cocksmacking fools.

He's 23 yrs. old and doing well in Vegas, a league they say is a hitters league. Looks like a possibility

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

No Flores again.

 

3B

 Jose Reyes (S)

RF

 C. Granderson (L)

CF

 Yoenis Cespedes (R)

2B

 Neil Walker (S)

1B

 James Loney (L)

SS

 A. Cabrera (S)

LF

 Brandon Nimmo (L)

C

 Rene Rivera (R)

P

 N. Syndergaard (L)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, faba said:

ayson StarkESPN Senior Writer 

stark_jayson_m.jpg

Bartolo Colon has been added to the NL All Stars to replace Madison Bumgarner (pitching Sunday). Can we also add Bartolo to the HR Derby pls?

icon-espn-e-@2x.png
29m

Ha...Give Thor's innings to 'tolo....**** it. If Thor doesn't even pitch I'm good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is why I never watch mets games.  god forbid I ever become a fan of this team

 

I'm sorry but wow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ces is injured , Thor's arm is sore and Cohen is still a dick ; a normal Friday night at Shea !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Larz said:

this is why I never watch mets games.  god forbid I ever become a fan of this team

 

I'm sorry but wow

Every time they seem to have things back on track it's not just one injury but rather multiple ones that takes the air out of their sails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cespedes should be back right after the break and the word on Thor is the same but you never know with the Mets history of not coming completely clean at first pertaining to injuries. Hurts in that Cesedes bat is needed this w/end and in fact would have came up in that critical 8th inning last night where they had 1st and 3rd and no outs down by two runs. Instead we had Lagares in his spot who hit it hard but right at Murphy who almost booted it but ended up turning the inning ending DP.

It'd be nice to split these last two games before the break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hopefully it's just arm soreness and nothing more, that looked scary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark SimonESPN Staff 

simon_mark_m.jpg

Mets general manager Sandy Alderson has previously said not to expect the Mets to make any significant trade-deadline deals, but speaking at a Baseball Prospectus event prior to Saturday's game against the Nationals, he did allow himself a little wiggle room. When asked by a fan how much the upcoming free agent class would dictate the moves the Mets make at the deadline, Alderson spoke to a number of subjects, but began by saying "I don't think they have much of an impact, because we're making deals to win in the next two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, faba said:

Mark SimonESPN Staff 

simon_mark_m.jpg

Mets general manager Sandy Alderson has previously said not to expect the Mets to make any significant trade-deadline deals, but speaking at a Baseball Prospectus event prior to Saturday's game against the Nationals, he did allow himself a little wiggle room. When asked by a fan how much the upcoming free agent class would dictate the moves the Mets make at the deadline, Alderson spoke to a number of subjects, but began by saying "I don't think they have much of an impact, because we're making deals to win in the next two

Yeah he has to get a legit SP with Harvey's loss.  Doesn't need to be an ace but they need a reliable 5th starter due to Harvey injury.

Maybe Verrett surprises us instead but unlikely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Sundays finale feels like a must win if only to simply get a mental boost for the team heading to the break.

Murphy now has 6 bombs and 19 HR's against the Mets. Bryant's 9 HR's against the Reds is the only bugger beat down in MLB this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

Sundays finale feels like a must win if only to simply get a mental boost for the team heading to the break.

Murphy now has 6 bombs and 19 HR's against the Mets. Bryant's 9 HR's against the Reds is the only bugger beat down in MLB this year.

 

Such an odd feeling at Citi when he's doing this sh*t too. Nobody knows if we're supposed to boo or just stay quiet or what. The guy hits a double or a home run every single time he's up at this point.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're wounded. Limping into the AS break not a moment too soon..

 

One the thing about Terry is he never allows for negative or defeatist thinking.

 

Gotta regroup....

 

And we will come out fighting to the end.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

 

Such an odd feeling at Citi when he's doing this sh*t too. Nobody knows if we're supposed to boo or just stay quiet or what. The guy hits a double or a home run every single time he's up at this point.

If you look at is contract, its really embarrassing that we did not sign him at this point. Once he started focusing on pulling the ball more, he became a different player. The signs were there that he was going to do this. When you look at Wright's health situation, and Duda being, Duda, its really tough to imagine how we did not sign him for that type of contract. Even if he was just the normal Murphy, and not this, it still would have been a really good move to have made. He is terrible at 2nd, but his flexibility and offense more than make up for it. I have been a huge Sandy supporter, and think very highly of him, but I think he F'd up really bad on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

If you look at is contract, its really embarrassing that we did not sign him at this point. Once he started focusing on pulling the ball more, he became a different player. The signs were there that he was going to do this. When you look at Wright's health situation, and Duda being, Duda, its really tough to imagine how we did not sign him for that type of contract. Even if he was just the normal Murphy, and not this, it still would have been a really good move to have made. He is terrible at 2nd, but his flexibility and offense more than make up for it. I have been a huge Sandy supporter, and think very highly of him, but I think he F'd up really bad on this one.

If there were any signs he'd be doing anything like this he'd have gotten paid a lot more by somebody.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish they'd just release De Aza and eat the money. 

3B

 Jose Reyes (S)

RF

 C. Granderson (L)

1B

 Wilmer Flores (R)

2B

 Neil Walker (S)

SS

 A. Cabrera (S)

CF

 Juan Lagares (R)

C

 Travis d'Arnaud (R)

LF

 A. De Aza (L)

P

 Steven Matz (R)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...