2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME

I am seeing reports that its Dilson & Nimmo plus a 3rd prospect.  Just have to wait until the dust clears and see what it is.

Edit: Looks like Nimmo is staying.  Sorry for jumping the gun on this one.

5 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

I hope the dust looks a little better after it settles.....this is a far cry from Nimmo and two lower level prospects.

I hope you are right -- seems to be a lot of uncertainty about what the package is.  

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Supposedly Nimmo is out and Herrera substituted. A little less favorable trade.

Jeez, a lot more than a little.  This went from a favorable to deal to us basically getting hosed.  Nimmo is a borderline long-term starter who can't play CF.  Herrera is a future star. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jeez, a lot more than a little.  This went from a favorable to deal to us basically getting hosed.  Nimmo is a borderline long-term starter who can't play CF.  Herrera is a future star. 

Agree. Sandy should have moved off this deal if that is the terms and focused on Lucroy. 

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am seeing reports that its Dilson & Nimmo plus a 3rd prospect.  Just have to wait until the dust clears and see what it is.

Edit: Looks like Nimmo is staying.  Sorry for jumping the gun on this one.

I saw similar on Rotoworld:

Jay Bruce has officially been traded to the Mets, according to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal.

It took a little while to sort out all the elements of the trade, but there is finally an agreement in place. Rosenthal says second base prospect Dilson Herrera will be part of the return package for Cincinnati, and outfield prospect Brandon Nimmo is believed to be involved too. Look for an announcement within the next 20 minutes.

I did see this... looks liek Lucroy fetched a good ransom

According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, catcher Jonathan Lucroy has been traded to the Rangers.

Lewis Brinson and Luis Ortiz, the Rangers' No. 2 and No. 3 prospects are part of the return package for Milwaukee. Joey Gallo apparently is not. There should be something official soon with the 4:00 p.m. ET deadline fast approaching.

Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan reports that Joey Gallo would be the centerpiece if the Rangers and Brewers are able to complete a trade involving Jonathan Lucroy.

Passan adds that the two sides have been "talking for days." With the Indians and Mets out of the mix, this feels like a logical match. Gallo has bust potential with his swing-and-miss tendencies, but it's hard to find another prospect with his massive power. He'd be a big get for rebuilding Milwaukee.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I did see this... looks liek Lucroy fetched a good ransom

According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, catcher Jonathan Lucroy has been traded to the Rangers.

Lewis Brinson and Luis Ortiz, the Rangers' No. 2 and No. 3 prospects are part of the return package for Milwaukee. Joey Gallo apparently is not. There should be something official soon with the 4:00 p.m. ET deadline fast approaching.

I think Texas got the Brewers closer as well.  Nothing posted yet.

Not a big fan of Bruce,-- another left handed hitting corner outfielder -- especially at the cost of Herrera  .  He is having a solid year, but the guy was a .220 hitter in 2014 & 15. Hopefully he can give us the kind of production over the next year and a half that he has given the Reds this season.

1 minute ago, deckerfan said:

Bruce improved his approach though. His defense I don't know about.

Yeah I think for that trade to be a win the Mets need a WS appearance while Bruce is under contract. Hopefully a friendly extension or move him this winter for a nice player as well.

Niese was 8-6 with Pittsburgh with a 4.91 era. I'm kind of glad to have him back. The Bruce deal is a no-brainer. Exactly what they needed offensively. They added 12-13 mil to payroll. Not that expensive considering the stats Bruce has put up this year. Good job by Sandy. 

The Mets better make the playoffs this year and win a ring within the next two considering what we've given up for bats over the last couple years. Face value the Bruce trade looks like complete sh*t, Zambrano/Kazmir level sh*t. I'm just going to pray to Christ that Sandy knows better than any of us and that's that. 

Shedding Bastardo's salary is fine. Had that been the only move they made today we'd all be psyched. 

Niese is making 9 mil this season and is due to make 10 next season. But he has a 500 K buyout for '17 which you know Sandy will 100% exercise. Bastardo was making about 5.5 in 2016 but signed for over 6 for 2017. Plus Niese could end up starting again if they decide to put him in the rotation over Verett. 

Niese was 8-6 with Pittsburgh with a 4.91 era. I'm kind of glad to have him back. The Bruce deal is a no-brainer. Exactly what they needed offensively. They added 12-13 mil to payroll. Not that expensive considering the stats Bruce has put up this year. Good job by Sandy. 

Exactly what they needed? They have plenty of hrs and strikeouts.

The Mets better make the playoffs this year and win a ring within the next two considering what we've given up for bats over the last couple years. Face value the Bruce trade looks like complete sh*t, Zambrano/Kazmir level sh*t. I'm just going to pray to Christ that Sandy knows better than any of us and that's that. 

Shedding Bastardo's salary is fine. Had that been the only move they made today we'd all be psyched. 

I don't like it but it's not as bad as kazmir/zambrano.

Archived