Jump to content
adb280z

2016 Mets Thread!

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I stayed away from this team for a week, not having the time to watch full games. AsI watched each score ballon against them, I could not help but feel relief as the tortuous ride of this season is over.

Then as I look at the WC standings, I see that miraculously, they are still within 2 games. How incredibly parity ridden is the NL? 

And that line-up the mets threw out there yesterday. What was that?

It's driving me crazy.  Every time I want to take a deep breath and just be good with it all being over...you look at the standing and you're all like;

so+you're+telling+me+there's+a+chance.jp

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's driving me crazy.  Every time I want to take a deep breath and just be good with it all being over...you look at the standing and you're all like;

so+you're+telling+me+there's+a+chance.jp

I always go back to 1973, when the Mets were something like 9 games out of first place in the middle of August and came back to win. 

the season is a marathon, but it seems like the Mets have both legs broken and no will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I always go back to 1973, when the Mets were something like 9 games out of first place in the middle of August and came back to win. 

the season is a marathon, but it seems like the Mets have both legs broken and no will

I'm actually pissed at Stanton for getting knocked out for the year, because it's letting all of this still linger just as I had finally come to terms with this season.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:33 PM, Rangers9 said:

If you want to kick start this team in mid August you bring in Wally not Scott. But the players on this team once again show they can't hit big league pitching. We know they can hit minor league pitching. Except for last year's offensive spurt it's been the same thing, an anemic offense for several years esp since getting rid of Beltran. But at least the org tried to significantly upgrade it by re-signing Cespedes, trading for Walker after Murphy left and trading for Bruce. Some of their younger players in 2016 just haven't come through like Travis and like Conforto.

They won't fire Terry with all these injuries. We're back to a AAA line-up. 

Let's see if Cespedes comes back this week what the offense looks like with both him and Reyes in it. I am starting to  give up on Granderson ever hitting but yeah, that would be nice. Bruce is over due as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the Mets remain hanging around with a chance but the rest of this road trip is two tough places to play- especially historically for the Mets

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 games between now and the end of the month with teams ahead of them in the wild card.  Either they turn it around now, on this trip, or they don't turn it around at all.  Niese on the hill tonight does not exactly fill me with confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Mets just sent me the greatest email ever. They are raising ticket prices.

Timing.   It is everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cespedes is going to have to have another monster month like last year for us- with all the flaws and injuries on this team

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYPaperAirplanes said:

Cespedes coming through in the clutch.

He's an animal when healthy.  Hoping we are about to go on a run led by his bat and some pitching performances like the one Thor is giving us tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/08/2016 at 1:06 PM, Lith said:

9 games between now and the end of the month with teams ahead of them in the wild card.  Either they turn it around now, on this trip, or they don't turn it around at all.  Niese on the hill tonight does not exactly fill me with confidence.

we have Twins, Braves and Phills all at home late september.....a lot of baseball to be played yet. But yeah, i get no confidence from Niese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back Yo-yo!!!!

At least someone is fun to watch on the team.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, remember how Doc still looked like a complete tweaker on the 30 for 30 show?  Straw is saying he's still a junkie and afriad he's going to kill himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

ALL OF YOU NEED TO STOP BEING POSITIVE. YOU ARE HELPING THEM SUCK ME BACK IN AND I CANT HAVE THAT ANYMORE THIS YEAR.

Let the love flow through you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MetsJets1962 said:

we have Twins, Braves and Phills all at home late september.....a lot of baseball to be played yet. But yeah, i get no confidence from Niese

Yeah when Harvey went down I really had hoped that Sandy would have addressed the 5th starter in a better manner than Verrett and Niese....especially when he already knew that Thor and Matz were dinged up and could go down at any time. Maybe he was counting on Wheeler's return.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JiF said:

So, remember how Doc still looked like a complete tweaker on the 30 for 30 show?  Straw is saying he's still a junkie and afriad he's going to kill himself. 

Yeah, Doc has not looked good lately. His ex-girlfriend said something also. Darryl said Doc's son asked him to help. Sounds bad.

9 hours ago, Lith said:

Matz to the DL.  Gsellman being called up.

 

Retro to 8/15..

It was too good to be true to get Jake, Noah, and Matz lined up nicely as we got Ces, Jose, and Cabrera back.....

 

<_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the young pitchers are experiencing problems this year- Collins seems to think it was because of added workload last year for them- what do you guys think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, faba said:

All the young pitchers are experiencing problems this year- Collins seems to think it was because of added workload last year for them- what do you guys think

Brian Sabean EVP of the Giants has made similar comments in the past related to his team's young pitching.  And the results seem to bear it out with titles every other year from 2010-14.  Hopefully our guys bounce back just as well next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lith said:

Brian Sabean EVP of the Giants has made similar comments in the past related to his team's young pitching.  And the results seem to bear it out with titles every other year from 2010-14.  Hopefully our guys bounce back just as well next season.

I don't know if the Giants are built so much on young or homegrown pitching. I think their formula for success is built on  Bumgarner and Bochy who I think is the best Manager in the game.

Mets head to the ninth with a chance to make it 3 straight for the first time in forever. Huge series.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

med Rosario drew lofty praise and a heady comparison from his hitting coach on Tuesday night.

The Mets' top prospect smacked three hits and drove in three runs, leading Double-A Binghamton to a 9-1 victory over Hartford at NYSEG Stadium.

Rosario opened the scoring with an RBI double to center field in the first inning. He struck again in the fifth, driving in another run with another double to left before delivering an RBI single up the middle in the eighth. The 20-year-old shortstop also scored twice in his 12th three-hit game of the season and fifth in the Eastern League.

"He's got all the talent in the world and right now he got better with his plate discipline," B-Mets hitting coach Luis Natera said. "He uses the whole field, he's got a great two-strike approach and the ability to go the opposite field. He's reminding me a lot of Jose Reyes."

Rosario, who missed 11 days with a strained hamstring at the end of July, has nine hits and six RBIs in 26 at-bats over his last six games.

"He was out for a couple of days with a hammy and he lost his rhythm," Natera said. "We've been working to get his timing back and use his legs a little more. We try to get him to use his two-strike approach earlier in the count, and that worked for him."

Promoted from Class A Advanced St. Lucie on June 23, MLB.com's No. 15 overall prospect has provided a strong presence in Binghamton's lineup. He's batting .327 with two homers, four triples, 12 doubles and 34 runs scored in 42 games and has not had his average dip below the .300 mark since the promotion.

"He was pretty good from the beginning," Natera said. "Then they made an adjustment on him and he started chasing a little bit. Now he's back and he doesn't chase as much. You come from A-ball, the pitcher's gonna challenge you and then make an adjustment on you. They challenge you in the beginning to see if you can hit the fastball and then they make the adjustment and he made the adjustment. It's a big jump from A-ball to Double-A."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gsellman wasnt terrible in a spot call last night.  Had some control issue but got himself out of some jams too.

Reyes, Cabrera, Cespedes, Flores/Duda, Bruce???  Will that be the line up moving forward?  It aint terrible.  Especially with as hot as Cabrera has been since he got back. 

Maybe?  Just maybe??????

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Gsellman wasnt terrible in a spot call last night.  Had some control issue but got himself out of some jams too.

Reyes, Cabrera, Cespedes, Flores/Duda, Bruce???  Will that be the line up moving forward?  It aint terrible.  Especially with as hot as Cabrera has been since he got back. 

Maybe?  Just maybe??????

lol

Forget Duda he will not be back this year. the lineup should exclude Granderson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, faba said:

Forget Duda he will not be back this year. the lineup should exclude Granderson

True.  For some reason I thought he was coming back.  Either way, I like that top of the line up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how many of you are season ticket holders, but to give you an idea of how completely douche this franchise is and always has been, the Mets are requesting that you put a 35% deposit down on playoff tickets by Sept 2. Refundable, but I still have to shell out a grand, and if they miss the postseason I won't get that back until November or December. Not a bad racket, hold on to a couple hundred thousand dollars to make some money off of for the Wilpon's next Madoff payment. Dicks.

Worth noting they have been sending these notices out (the price increase and playoff deposits) amidst this team collapsing and being completely unwatchable until about 2 days ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

 I still have to shell out a grand, and if they miss the postseason I won't get that back until November or December. Not a bad racket, hold on to a couple hundred thousand dollars to make some money off of for the Wilpon's next Madoff payment. Dicks.

Worth noting they have been sending these notices out (the price increase and playoff deposits) amidst this team collapsing and being completely unwatchable until about 2 days ago.

 

I think a million dollars is more like it. 

Collected interest on deposit pays for the fuel in Wilpons' jet

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night was so typical of this year. Truth is the Mets desperately needed a sweep this series to not only position themselves but gain some much needed space in the WC race. They go into the game with all the momentum and their hottest pitcher on the mound and they muster up 1 entire run whilst injury reports roll in (Niese and Bruce). That's your 2016 Mets in a nutshell right there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The optimism of this year has been shorted out by injuries and underperformance- count the Nats and Marlins being better in that also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking 2 of 3 from the Cards on the road was a step in the right direction.  Especially because outside of one night, the bats were pretty hot. 

I'm resigned to the fact that we suck and arent making the playoffs but if I was an optimist, I could find something to keep me going from that series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, we take 2 of 3 from St Louis, with the two Ws going to Seth Lugo and Robert Gsellman, who could have seen that coming a couple of months ago.  And in typical Met fashion, Lugo gets hurt and has to come out of his best outing of the year, nothing serious though.  I was just about set to disengage emotionally after losing the first two in SF and move on football season, and now 4 out of 5 has me back.  Still watching.  Still hoping we can snag a WC.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lith said:

So, we take 2 of 3 from St Louis, with the two Ws going to Seth Lugo and Robert Gsellman, who could have seen that coming a couple of months ago.  And in typical Met fashion, Lugo gets hurt and has to come out of his best outing of the year, nothing serious though.  I was just about set to disengage emotionally after losing the first two in SF and move on football season, and now 4 out of 5 has me back.  Still watching.  Still hoping we can snag a WC.

Pretty much.  I'm watching every night, especially now with the season being defined basically over the next 9 games. 

3 vs. Philly, 3 vs. Marlins, 3 vs. Wash.

Wishful thinking but if they can take go 7 of 9 or something along those lines...you never know!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Seth Lugo....he has cajones. He's a survivor. That was a huge spot for him too.

 

Bruce has to relax. He starts hitting and......

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...