2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I didn't know he was sitting Conforto against lefties even in the minors. Wtf. No wonder he's ******* lost against them.

He buried Cecchini in the lineup, also benched Nimmo against Lefties.  He's been with the Mets for 5 years and no one even bothered to interview him.

Read this and tell me you want Wally Backman as your manager.http://macksmets.blogspot.com/2015/07/fire-wally-backman-firewally.html

8 minutes ago, adb280z said:

He buried Cecchini in the lineup, also benched Nimmo against Lefties.  He's been with the Mets for 5 years and no one even bothered to interview him.

Read this and tell me you want Wally Backman as your manager.http://macksmets.blogspot.com/2015/07/fire-wally-backman-firewally.html

Always knew he was an abrasive dude but I didn't know he was going against the FOs wishes to that degree. In the majors you have to let the manager have his lineup, but minor league guys can't do that. No ******* way. There are larger goals at stake than winning ballgames in the minors.

I'm one Mets fan that is glad I don't have to hear about Wally taking over anymore. Never bought into that, or that he could push the team hard. There's more to motivating than some rah rah noise. On top of all the baggage that is attached.....

C-Ya Wally

3 hours ago, no psls said:

Wally was fired because he didn't kiss Sandy's ass . **** SANDY !!!! Wally is getting screwed (as per usual with the Mets) !!!!

Exactly what proof do you have of that?

Backman, unfortunately, is very much like his mentor (Davey Johnson). Johnson did not  give one bleep about what management thought, and went to extremes on that. That was a different time too. And, there was no domestic problems, no DUIs and no IRS problems for Johnson, that Wally has. Teams stay clear of that stuff now. Especially if you choose to be a maverick.

If Wally comes out now and bashes his time with the Mets, he will be cutting his own throat further. No team will touch him then. He should be advised to keep his yap shut

Wally was fired because he didn't kiss Sandy's ass . **** SANDY !!!! Wally is getting screwed (as per usual with the Mets) !!!!

If Wally was so great someone else would have at least interviewed him in the last five years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Exactly what proof do you have of that?

Backman, unfortunately, is very much like his mentor (Davey Johnson). Johnson did not  give one bleep about what management thought, and went to extremes on that. That was a different time too. And, there was no domestic problems, no DUIs and no IRS problems for Johnson, that Wally has. Teams stay clear of that stuff now. Especially if you choose to be a maverick.

If Wally comes out now and bashes his time with the Mets, he will be cutting his own throat further. No team will touch him then. He should be advised to keep his yap shut

Wally is going to be on Francesa's show at 2:00 PM to tell his side of the story .

52 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Collins is getting murdered today. Rightfully so, his pitching decisions have put two games out of reach. Wasting Robles the other night on one batter and that inexcusable bullsh*t he pulled with Montero yesterday. 

Fired Wally at a bad time !!!!!!

55 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Collins is getting murdered today. Rightfully so, his pitching decisions have put two games out of reach. Wasting Robles the other night on one batter and that inexcusable bullsh*t he pulled with Montero yesterday. 

Collins has his moments of non-clarity of managing in game at times, but the way he holds a clubhouse together, I will dismiss those.

Consider that of the opening day line-up, all positions with the exception of Grandy have either been on the DL or sent to Minors. As well 3 of 5 starters gone.

Who else holds that together?

21 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Collins has his moments of non-clarity of managing in game at times, but the way he holds a clubhouse together, I will dismiss those.

Consider that of the opening day line-up, all positions with the exception of Grandy have either been on the DL or sent to Minors. As well 3 of 5 starters gone.

Who else holds that together?

Hey I agree. Been saying for years that Collins' one redeeming quality is that he's kept the team playing hard through a full 162. But man, it's hard to ignore that he's been pretty ******* brutal at times, and the past couple games are good examples of even in the face of the success of the team a lot of the fanbase still has problems with him, myself included. I still think we're a few games ahead of where we are right now if he hadn't been pulling all the sh*t with the lineup June through early August.

What he did last night though, you can't do when you're chasing a playoff spot, and it's his job to know that. You have to make the right decision when it matters, that's his job, and he just blew it. I get that he wanted to see what the kid was made of, but continuing to leave him out there after that leadoff in the 2nd was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen a manager do. And that's saying a ton considering I watched Willie Randolph try to pull off double switches for 4 years.

I listened to it. He said he resigned not fired. He doesn't think he had a path to the Majors with the Mets. He did say some interesting things, though. Like that he used his PCL assignment to help get the Mets players like Loney who told him he had a 24 hour out in his contract which the Mets used to sign him. And that he was in contact with Reyes too during his time in the PCL. Also he recommended Rivera. 

20 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I didn't know he was sitting Conforto against lefties even in the minors. Wtf. No wonder he's ******* lost against them.

16 hours ago, adb280z said:

He buried Cecchini in the lineup, also benched Nimmo against Lefties.

Are we sure about this?  I checked the Minor League box scores for Las Vegas out of curiosity, and so far I haven't seen anything irregular about Conforto and Nimmo's usage against lefty starters OR Cecchini getting buried.  I could definitely be wrong though. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Are we sure about this?  I checked the Minor League box scores for Las Vegas out of curiosity, and so far I haven't seen anything irregular about Conforto and Nimmo's usage against lefty starters OR Cecchini getting buried.  I could definitely be wrong though. 

Backman disputed those claims, and seemed to have the numbers behind that.

Wow, this would have been a devastating one to lose.  Huge spot for the rookie to come through in the 10th.  And when Murphy came up in the bottom of the inning, what could possibly have gone wrong.

Huge win tonight.  May have taken a year or two off my life, but still a "W".

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So we're all in the same boat about being 1,000% sure that Murph was gonna hit a walk-off there, right? I was turning away the entire AB.

Oh yeah.  After almost pissing the game away in the 9th, to blow it again an inning later would have been a tough loss to recover from.....could of been season changing.

Just now, GimmeShelter said:

Oh yeah.  After almost pissing the game away in the 9th, to blow it again an inning later would have been a tough loss to recover from.....could of been season changing.

That a$$hole was walking to the plate and I looked at my dog and said this is when the season goes Mets. Blevins had a chance to really go down in Mets lore right there.

Great job having Warthen out there imploring the boys not to cave in. It worked for me too. :o

That's one thing about this team, as bad as it is they never let themselves go south.

Familia is scary when he has to play D.....:unsure:

Shout out to TJ Rivera from da Bronx and Lehman HS.

Let's get some runs for my boy Lugo tomorro

Archived