2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Becoming quite the trend that Gsellman fades at 80. Really such a shame. He had been pitching a gem through 5.

As long as the team does not also fade at 80, wins that is.  Brutal inning so far -- balls finding holes, misplay in the outfield, non-strike call.  Tough luck.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ces is way overdue for something big. I have faith.

Hope you are right.  Yesterday took some of my confidence away.  If they can pull this one out, I will come back in off the ledge.  Nice job by Salas to limit the damage.

2 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

Like I think you said earlier ....he would be well suited for 2-3 innings if needed in the post season.  Assuming Matz is back and we of course...get in!

He had his velocity up tonight, so that's encouraging. This isn't an easy lineup to run through like he did through 5 too. And I think it was more him just getting tired than them figuring him out.

Well folks losing 2 in a row to Atlanta is brutal and inexcusable.  Only 11 games to go - I fear its gonna take 7-4 to get in the playoffs.   Time for Terry to be tough...NO MORE BRUCE, LONEY  OR D'ARNAUD,

New Lineup starting tomorrow

3B Reyes

CF Nimmo

SS Cabrera

1B Duda

LF Cespedes

RF Granderson

2B Rivera

C Plawecki/Rivera

Loney is spent - he was nice for awhile but now he just stinks...Bruce should be flown out of NY so fast he wont know what happened.

6 hours ago, deucebag said:

Well folks losing 2 in a row to Atlanta is brutal and inexcusable.  Only 11 games to go - I fear its gonna take 7-4 to get in the playoffs.   Time for Terry to be tough...NO MORE BRUCE, LONEY  OR D'ARNAUD,

New Lineup starting tomorrow

3B Reyes

CF Nimmo

SS Cabrera

1B Duda

LF Cespedes

RF Granderson

2B Rivera

C Plawecki/Rivera

Loney is spent - he was nice for awhile but now he just stinks...Bruce should be flown out of NY so fast he wont know what happened.

Cespedes hitting 5th and Rivera 8th???

I think we need to run Bruce out there as he's overdue to get hot. Sit him against lefties if anything. 

Give me Rivera and Plawecki from here on out. Plawecki had a chance to regroup in the minors and I'd rather die with him at this point. As bad as he looked when d'Arnaud was hurt, at least he showed some emotion.

I'm sick of d'Arnaud's wishy washy blank ******* look.

Well, if we miss out on the playoffs we are going to look back at this three game series.  No excuse for getting swept by the Braves.  Credit to Inciarte for a great play to take the HR away from Ces, but should not have come to that.

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Well, if we miss out on the playoffs we are going to look back at this three game series.  No excuse for getting swept by the Braves.  Credit to Inciarte for a great play to take the HR away from Ces, but should not have come to that.

There is a legit chance this is going to be a 3-way tie. Which would be insane. 

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Sickening.

If you want to blame somebody blame Loney. That was a bad error at a critical time.

I blame Terry, left Colon in for one batter too many and Reid in for one batter two few.  Cute to trust Smoker, but Reed had done nothing wrong and Smoker is no Sparky Lyle.  Why is it Terry is the only one who does not know that Familia stinks when not given a clean inning. 

Mets need to take at least 3 of 4 from the Phills - can they - YES, will they?

If there is a 3-way tie (per Jayson Stark):

http://www.espn.com/blog/jayson-stark/post/_/id/1866/if-three-teams-tie-for-nl-wild-card-its-going-to-get-crazy

First, let’s tell you, with 99.9 percent certainty, who would play whom and when. Then we’ll explain how and why.

Monday, Oct. 3: Mets at Cardinals. The winner would win the first wild-card spot and host the NL wild-card game on Oct. 5.

Tuesday, Oct. 4: Loser of the Mets-Cardinals game plays the Giants in San Francisco. The winner heads for either New York or St. Louis to play in the wild-card game the next day. The loser heads for the fishing hole, the putting green or possibly both.

Wednesday, Oct. 5: The survivors play in the NL wild-card game. The winner goes on to Chicago to play the Cubs in the NLDS. As for the loser, see above.

Seeding is determined by the season series. The Cardinals (thanks to two huge wins in San Francisco on Saturday and Sunday) won the season series against the Giants, four games to three. And the Mets also won their season series against the Giants, 4-3. Meanwhile, the Cardinals and Mets split their season series 3-3, but the Cardinals would hold the tiebreaker because of a better record in their own division.

So the Cardinals get first dibs on which scenario they’d choose. And while it may be true that it’s never come to this, there have been enough close calls through the years that teams have at least had to choose their path. So we know that every team that has been in the Cardinals’ position has opted for the schedule we just outlined: Two chances to get in. Host the first game. Play the second game on the road if they lose.

he Mets would get the second choice -- which comes down to whether they’d prefer two road games, only needing to win one, or one home game with the whole season riding on it. So is it theoretically possible they would decide that their rotation is so thin, they would rather just play one tiebreaker game instead of burning both Noah Syndergaard and Bartolo Colon before they even get to the wild-card game? Sure. Theoretically. But no team has ever made that choice. So it’s highly unlikely.

The ******* Braves, man.  I swear all of their wins are vs. the Mets.  Unreal.  To think that if the Mets miss the postseason that it was the Braves sweeping them late in the season to kill their hopes...ugh.  It makes me sick.

Ces getting robbed sucked but I really didnt understand why Collins brought Smoker in to face Freeman.  Why not just leave Reed in the game?

Oh well.  Need to go on a winning streak now. Jeez.

5 hours ago, deucebag said:

I blame Terry, left Colon in for one batter too many and Reid in for one batter two few.  Cute to trust Smoker, but Reed had done nothing wrong and Smoker is no Sparky Lyle.  Why is it Terry is the only one who does not know that Familia stinks when not given a clean inning. 

Mets need to take at least 3 of 4 from the Phills - can they - YES, will they?

If Loney makes that play does any of that matter? Smoker made the pitch to Freeman- busted him on the hands. Of course if Terry leaves Colon in and pitches to Freeman, Chipper Jones 2.0, and he hits a HR Terry is wrong again. Lefty/lefty, it's SOP.

Familia did the same thing last year down the stretch. You play your best players when the chips are down.

The Loney error costs us that game. Maybe Terry should have played Campbell at first at that time?

Archived