adb280z

2016 Mets Thread!

Congrats to the players esp to Lugo and Gsellman, and thanks. I'd love to go on Wed. and might even though right now the ticket prices are high. Anything after this is gravy. I don't want to face Baumgarner. But you always have to fear the Cardinals franchise. 

• Upvote 2

I damn near cried seeing Jose, and then other players drench Terry in his locker room interview....

Fvcking A.........

I hope he can get that ring in the next two years. He fvcking deserves one

6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Chicago is LOADED!

I like our line-up at the moment over theirs.  Where they kill us is 1 through 3 of their SP's are Aces this year. Our Aces were lost to injury.

Still, if we get past the WC game, we have a punchers chance with our bats. 

Sandy said it in the post game, if it weren't for Lugo and Gsellman we wouldn't have made it. Gotta give the man credit for mining out those two, and having them in the system........

After the split in SF in August, Lugo pitched a gem in a pivotal game in St. L to give us the series 2-1. That game held the fort and led to the season turning around. Those two series could have buried us.

Thor and the house rocking Wednesday night!

We win this game you know Terry and the boys are going after Chicago with bad intent

44 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

I like our line-up at the moment over theirs.  Where they kill us is 1 through 3 of their SP's are Aces this year. Our Aces were lost to injury.

Still, if we get past the WC game, we have a punchers chance with our bats. 

I love that matchup. Pressure is entirely on them and the Mets are playing with house money from here on out. If the Mets could just take one of those games at Wrigley and bring it back to Flushing with Thor going things could get reeeeeally interesting. 

13 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Sandy said it in the post game, if it weren't for Lugo and Gsellman we wouldn't have made it. Gotta give the man credit for mining out those two, and having them in the system........

It's ironic that we have constantly been bombarded with everyone's favorite tough guy telling us how mediocre the farm system is, and yet here we are. Mediocrity just got us to the postseason again. Go figure. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Go Cards for a potential game 163! :)

Hopefully SF doesn't make it to the WC game!

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Nôw if the Jets win tomorrow I'm a happy camper. ^_^

Thank God for the Mets... 

Congrats to the Mets for perservering through with unlikely contributions. Collins with his faults deserves credit and Reed addition has been huge as setup guy all year

1 hour ago, faba said:

Congrats to the Mets for perservering through with unlikely contributions. Collins with his faults deserves credit and Reed addition has been huge as setup guy all year

Absolutely Frank - you guys have been decimated by injury and kept getting up after the knock down. Way to fight.

p.s.  - you can lay back down again now:P

• Upvote 1

Bumgarner vs Thor it is.

Oh well. Regardless of what happens, we got to watch meaningful baseball into October again. And you gotta admit, it's a fun matchup to get to watch. I'm sure the entire baseball world is going to be looking forward to both pitchers going at it, and I think that's pretty cool.

23 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's ironic that we have constantly been bombarded with everyone's favorite tough guy telling us how mediocre the farm system is, and yet here we are. Mediocrity just got us to the postseason again. Go figure. 

Not that anyone gives a sh*t because comic book villains and stories are more fun but....

- I said the Mets would squeak into the playoffs.

- I've heaped praise on Rosario, Nimmo, Dunn, Szapucki, Cecchini, and Herrera throughout the year. However I understand since that does not fit the narrative and quench the thirst for in-board sh*t talk, total accuracy is unnecessary. I've said they lack impact young positional talent outside of Rosario on the farm, and that's not so far from the truth. The lineup's pretty old, there's going to be a ton of turnover over the next 1-3 years, and guys like Rosario, the two catchers, Conforto, Dominic Smith, Nimmo, and whoever else will be doing the daily leg work. Dominic Smith had a very quality season at AA this year and maybe I undersold him earlier in the year.

- It's a little odd to read the poster on this site historically most willing to talk sh*t or insult call anyone else a tough guy sarcastically, but again I have to remember and understand that there's a tale being spun. No one's challenging your authorita as JN's leading man and swiss army knife, you can have it forever and ever as you please. 

I get the feeling I came up often enough in this thread just from that comment. Clearly I did some psychological damage to some in May, the effects of which seem to be permanent. That sucks, but perhaps one decade life will move on....Anyway, congrats to the Mets for doing what they were supposed to do and getting into the playoffs. With one of the handful best pitchers in the game with Syndergaard and an almost totally veteran lineup, they've got a shot to cash in on this window before the positional talent turns over. Once the playoff ticket is punched it's basically a free for all, and a pitcher of Syndergaard's talents can take over a short 5-7 game series.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Not that anyone gives a sh*t because comic book villains and stories are more fun but....

- I said the Mets would squeak into the playoffs.

- I've heaped praise on Rosario, Nimmo, Dunn, Szapucki, Cecchini, and Herrera throughout the year. However I understand since that does not fit the narrative and quench the thirst for in-board sh*t talk, total accuracy is unnecessary. I've said they lack impact young positional talent outside of Rosario on the farm, and that's not so far from the truth. The lineup's pretty old, there's going to be a ton of turnover over the next 1-3 years, and guys like Rosario, the two catchers, Conforto, Dominic Smith, Nimmo, and whoever else will be doing the daily leg work. Dominic Smith had a very quality season at AA this year and maybe I undersold him earlier in the year.

- It's a little odd to read the poster on this site historically most willing to talk sh*t or insult call anyone else a tough guy sarcastically, but again I have to remember and understand that there's a tale being spun. No one's challenging your authorita as JN's leading man and swiss army knife, you can have it forever and ever as you please. 

I get the feeling I came up often enough in this thread just from that comment. Clearly I did some psychological damage to some in May, the effects of which seem to be permanent. That sucks, but perhaps one decade life will move on....Anyway, congrats to the Mets for doing what they were supposed to do and getting into the playoffs. With one of the handful best pitchers in the game with Syndergaard and an almost totally veteran lineup, they've got a shot to cash in on this window before the positional talent turns over. Once the playoff ticket is punched it's basically a free for all, and a pitcher of Syndergaard's talents can take over a short 5-7 game series.

Yeah, you undersold Smith.

You go on about the positional turnover all you want.

But it's about the arms though bro.....Mad arms.....

32 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You go on about the positional turnover all you want. But it's about the arms though bro.....Mad arms.....

As scientific as that sounds, there's a pretty good chance you need both. I mean you literally just went through a hell season with young arms - Matz, Harvey, deGrom, and Wheeler are all out, and it wasn't even a tough call to say young arms with major injury histories would get hurt. Pitching's necessary but sustaining success is all about developing bats, they just hold up a little better.

Agreed on Smith THO, really interesting young hitter. I wonder what kind of power he develops, there's potential, but I like what he did this year with the combo of low strikeouts, solid walk rate, gap power, and ARL.

44 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

Not worth the effort.:rolleyes:

The six months of trolling a thread because butt hurt or my post there? I'm feeling fine on my end.

9 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

As scientific as that sounds, there's a pretty good chance you need both. I mean you literally just went through a hell season with young arms - Matz, Harvey, deGrom, and Wheeler are all out, and it wasn't even a tough call to say young arms with major injury histories would get hurt. Pitching's necessary but sustaining success is all about developing bats, they just hold up a little better.

The six months of trolling or my post there? I'm feeling fine on my end.

The moral of the story? Arms, arms in the bank bro. That's science yo.... 

Just now, JohnJ said:

The moral of the story? Arms, arms in the bank bro. That's science yo.... 

:shrugs:

Whatever you want/need to believe, which seems to be whatever that above post is supposed to mean. The most important thing is that you believe in yourself. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

:shrugs:

Whatever you want/need to believe, which seems to be whatever that above post is supposed to mean. The most important thing is that you believe in yourself. 

You got wisdom man....Wise One

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

You got wisdom man....Wise One

No doubt it about it broski. If you believe in yourself then anything is possible.

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

No doubt it about it broski. If you believe in yourself then anything is possible.

You gotta believe!! Man.....

11 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Go back to the cubs site you loser . Choke cubbies Choke .

On 10/1/2016 at 5:21 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I love that matchup. Pressure is entirely on them and the Mets are playing with house money from here on out. If the Mets could just take one of those games at Wrigley and bring it back to Flushing with Thor going things could get reeeeeally interesting. 

Anyone can beat anyone 4 out of 7. 

Best of Luck to you guys this post season.

• Upvote 2

I dont want Bum in one game but they did get to him early in the game earlier this season.

If we can just get a few runs and hope Thor goes mental...we've got a shot.

Either way, this is an a killer match up.

• Upvote 2

There is some buzz that Collins is going to start Duda and leave Loney off the roster completely because he has to cut down to 25.

IMO colossal mistake and Loney has not only earned the start and I'd rather have his glove. But I'm done doubting Collins in the fall. Have to give him the benefit of the doubt if that's the way he goes.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiF said:

I dont want Bum in one game but they did get to him early in the game earlier this season.

If we can just get a few runs and hope Thor goes mental...we've got a shot.

Either way, this is an a killer match up.

Hopefully Thor pitches well and at the very least, we can get Bumgarner's pitch count up and get into their bullpen.  He has been a great big game, post-season pitcher, but in 12 starts in August/September, Bumgarner has not been anywhere near as dominant as he was early in the season. 5-3 with 4.02 ERA with 11 HRs allowed in 76 innings since Aug 1. Hopefully we can get to him.

Thor on the other hand is 5-4 with 2.88 ERA and 4HRs allowed in 60 innings since 8/1. 

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hopefully Thor pitches well and at the very least, we can get Bumgarner's pitch count up and get into their bullpen.  He has been a great big game, post-season pitcher, but in 12 starts in August/September, Bumgarner has not been anywhere near as dominant as he was early in the season. 5-3 with 4.02 ERA with 11 HRs allowed in 76 innings since Aug 1. Hopefully we can get to him.

Thor on the other hand is 5-4 with 2.88 ERA and 4HRs allowed in 60 innings since 8/1. 

Yeah, its just the big game thing.  Not that Thor hasnt seen a big game and cant step up accordingly, its just Bum has made a career out of it.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, its just the big game thing.  Not that Thor hasnt seen a big game and cant step up accordingly, its just Bum has made a career out of it.

I hear you -- this is not the matchup I wanted, but its the matchup we got.  I am trying to make the best of it.

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

I hear you -- this is not the matchup I wanted, but its the matchup we got.  I am trying to make the best of it.

I'm stoked.  This is one of the better pitching duels you could ask for in a one and done game.

I've got nothing but confidence in Thor.  At the same time we're worrying about Bum, you best believe San Fran is worried about Thor.  He just needs to limit his base runners as much as possible...which is duh but we knows Thor's problem holding runners.  While Rivera is much better behind the plate, they're still going to take every chance they get to run.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thor shows up for big games. He pitched damn well for a rookie in the playoffs last year. I don't think the concern is if he'll bring his A game, it's if he can keep his pitch count down and give the Mets 7. Guy's a fighter but he really got into a habit this season of having to get himself out of trouble. Rivera emerging as his go-to had a lot to do with that as well.

• Upvote 3