2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some from conjecture from the SNY blog, which I like because he likes Fowler who I covet. Sounds like they want to hold onto Conforto but I don't believe he'll be a good CF but am willing to take a look at RF. 

Getting Fowler would make it easier to plug in a guy like Wieters at C if that's what it would take to land Folwer and solidify us up the middle and get us some speed....WITH Jose

Everybody's plugging in Wright and putting Reyes on the bench and that is a major pain in my ass, but I'll wait and see about that. C'mon man.

What would I do?

It looks like the Mets can operate as if having around $10 million more to spend this winter, assuming they deal Bruce and clear his salary.

If I were the GM, I would try to trade Travis d'Arnaud and Bruce or Granderson to the Blue Jays in a deal that gets me Russell Martin, who is due a whopping $20 million each of the next three seasons.

To raise money, I would then work to send Granderson to the Orioles for a low-cost reliever.

I'd then give a three- or four-year deal to Dexter Fowler, which after all the addition and subtraction, would put my Opening Day payroll around $142 million.

In this reality, my outfield would be Cespedes, Fowler and Conforto, with Martin behind the plate, Asdrubal Cabrera and Neil Walker manning my middle infield, David Wright and Lucas Duda on the corners, and Wilmer Flores and Jose Reyes backing up the infield. I'd also have two leadoff hitters, more balance in my lineup, three guys that can switch hit and a tough, veteran catcher to guide my pitching staff, which, let's be honest, is the most important part of the roster.

I wanted Fowler last season, really like the idea of him, Ces, and Conforto, with De Aza, Nimmo, and Lagares off the bench. That's a solid OF. It's a shame that Nimmo may get frozen out of some more playing time as a result, but the Mets just shelled out a f-ckton of money for some short term success and you have to go for it.

Heyman is reporting that Granderson is drawing more interest than Bruce. It's would be pretty amazing if Sandy could unload both, acquire a catcher and some prospects, then use the extra dough to sign Fowler. Along with the Yo contract, sign me up for that offseason any day.

29 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I wanted Fowler last season, really like the idea of him, Ces, and Conforto, with De Aza, Nimmo, and Lagares off the bench. That's a solid OF. It's a shame that Nimmo may get frozen out of some more playing time as a result, but the Mets just shelled out a f-ckton of money for some short term success and you have to go for it.

Heyman is reporting that Granderson is drawing more interest than Bruce. It's would be pretty amazing if Sandy could unload both, acquire a catcher and some prospects, then use the extra dough to sign Fowler. Along with the Yo contract, sign me up for that offseason any day.

DeAza is a free agent. It was just a one year deal he signed with the Mets, I believe.

Wonder why Sandy is trying to get less left handed? Hmmmm?  SMH

On 11/29/2016 at 5:25 PM, Scott Dierking said:

News today that Harvey is coming along great also.

This is good news. The dude is an enigma. But it would be beautiful to see him 100% healthy at least. I'm not expecting the Dark Knight anymore. But a healthy Harvey pitching like a #2 or even a #3 would be a gift at this point.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Huh? I don't even think Boras is his agent.

My guess of the salary is on that I thought was fair to both sides. I certainly came armed with that I knew the Mets did not want to go 5 years. 

Have you been living under a rock? Of course Boras is his agent. Who do you think did all the bitching in '15?

Major personal coup today. Had a 20 weekday in promenade gold 211 last season and today was my select a seat access appt. Best it appeared I could do was move to the aisle.

Then 35 minutes before my time the only two seats in promenade gold ROW ONE opened up in 217. They almost went away about 8 minutes before but opened up again at the 2 minute warning and I got them locked up.

Call me Bob Eucker now

Braves are looking to add Archer or Sale. Atlanta is going for it. Seems like they're trying to imitate the Cubs (good young lineup with veteran pitching). The NL East is gonna be a fun race, wouldn't shock me at all if Atlanta comes out on top over us and Washington. They played some great baseball from August on.

37 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Major personal coup today. Had a 20 weekday in promenade gold 211 last season and today was my select a seat access appt. Best it appeared I could do was move to the aisle.

Then 35 minutes before my time the only two seats in promenade gold ROW ONE opened up in 217. They almost went away about 8 minutes before but opened up again at the 2 minute warning and I got them locked up.

Call me Bob Eucker now

Nice place to watch a game from. Get any foul balls? What does that run you? If you don't mind me asking

Nice place to watch a game from. Get any foul balls? What does that run you? If you don't mind me asking

762 per seat. Averages about $38 per game. Foul balls are rare to occasional.

View is pretty much home plate with a small lean towards 3B

Row one is pretty much locked up by full season holders and those available to 20 game folks are extremely hard to find.

My previous seats were very good in that row 4 was the last row with a wall and WC seating behind so when folks stood in front we could lean against the wall w/o bothering people behind us.

Row 1 eliminates the standees blocking home plate issue entirely

15 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

762 per seat. Averages about $38 per game. Foul balls are rare to occasional.

View is pretty much home plate with a small lean towards 3B

Row one is pretty much locked up by full season holders and those available to 20 game folks are extremely hard to find.

My previous seats were very good in that row 4 was the last row with a wall and WC seating behind so when folks stood in front we could lean against the wall w/o bothering people behind us.

Row 1 eliminates the standees blocking home plate issue entirely

The first row is a coup. Behind home first row is outstanding.

I'm thinking about looking into sections 328-330 for something similar. I like to see the dugout if not behind home.

12 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Call me Bob Eucker now

I didn't know the Mets had 20 game plans in the Promenade . When did they start this ?

9 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Not sure. I got a 10 game plan in 2015. In 2016, the min plan was 20 games. That's when they had select a seat visits and I got 411 row 4 in front of the HC seating wall.

Those were great seats until I grabbed the only row one I saw yesterday

I love those seats right in front of the wall ; no riff raff behind you .

The Mets' top prospect for 2017 is 21-year-old SS Amed Rosario, according an organizational Top 10 list by Baseball America...

BA Rank    Player    Age    ETA
1    SS Amed Rosario    21    2017
2    1B Dominic Smith    21    2017
3    RHP Justin Dunn    21    2019
4    OF Demond Lindsay    19    2019
5    OF Brandon Nimmo    23    -
6    INF Gavin Cecchini    22    -
7    RHP Robert Gsellman    23    -
8    LHP Thomas Szapucki    20    2019
9    RHP Gabriel Ynoa    23    -
10    C Tomas Nido    22    2018

Nice to see Nido on this list. I wonder how much the FO thinks of him.

31 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The Mets' top prospect for 2017 is 21-year-old SS Amed Rosario, according an organizational Top 10 list by Baseball America...

BA Rank    Player    Age    ETA
1    SS Amed Rosario    21    2017
2    1B Dominic Smith    21    2017
3    RHP Justin Dunn    21    2019
4    OF Demond Lindsay    19    2019
5    OF Brandon Nimmo    23    -
6    INF Gavin Cecchini    22    -
7    RHP Robert Gsellman    23    -
8    LHP Thomas Szapucki    20    2019
9    RHP Gabriel Ynoa    23    -
10    C Tomas Nido    22    2018

Nice to see Nido on this list. I wonder how much the FO thinks of him.

I like that Dunn is already ranked 3.

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Teams inquiring about Gsellman, Alderson saying no dice. Great to hear he's highly thought of, and glad to hear Sandy is playing it safe with the rotation.

My guess is that they look to extend Syndergaard and DeGrom when the time comes, and fill in with youngsters elsewhere. Want to see what Wheeler gives this year

Starting to look like d'Arnaud is getting another chance to rebuild himself, and adding a Catcher may be a longshot.  He looked lost last year, but the latter part of '15 is what they're hopeful for.

Sandy did say that relatively around MLB they're in fair shape, that there's few Catchers that are top players. And that d'Arnaud is working with a coach, and K. Long, to pull himself together.

If d'Arnaud can somehow get his ass back to what he was during that time in '15 we'd be in pretty good shape. It would a tremendous boost really.

21 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Starting to look like d'Arnaud is getting another chance to rebuild himself, and adding a Catcher may be a longshot.  He looked lost last year, but the latter part of '15 is what they're hopeful for.

Sandy did say that relatively around MLB they're in fair shape, that there's few Catchers that are top players. And that d'Arnaud is working with a coach, and K. Long, to pull himself together.

If d'Arnaud can somehow get his ass back to what he was during that time in '15 we'd be in pretty good shape. It would a tremendous boost really.

My guess is that since they avoided arbitration with Rivera for very cheap, they think it's worth the gamble to see if he can come around, evaluate how Nido performs in the meantime given the 2016 he had, and if all else fails they can make a deadline deal over the summer. I would have preferred better value than a reliever (like a known catcher) for Bruce given what we had to trade for him, but whatever. We got Yo back and that's really all that matters.

51 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

My guess is that since they avoided arbitration with Rivera for very cheap, they think it's worth the gamble to see if he can come around, evaluate how Nido performs in the meantime given the 2016 he had, and if all else fails they can make a deadline deal over the summer. I would have preferred better value than a reliever (like a known catcher) for Bruce given what we had to trade for him, but whatever. We got Yo back and that's really all that matters.

Yeah, once that happened with Rivera it looked like that was the direction they would take.

I was hopeful they would make a splash with another player, but it's not likely at this point. Unless Sandy gets an offer he can't refuse.

Sounds like Conforto, Nimmo and the rest will be counted on this season

Thanks to the schmucks Familia and Mejia our options have been more limited. :angry:

But Sandy is patient and that's a good thing. Moves can be made down the road....

Archived