2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I love this team and its personalities, so much.  The whole cast of characters.  Yes, even you, Harvey. 

It really is the most excited I've been in a long long time for a Mets season.  I've already got like 4 full weekends during the season planned for home games which I'm going to incorporate the Jets into now that my chick is up there. 

I dont know what it is, but I feel like we're about to pull a Royals.  WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, JiF said:

It really is the most excited I've been in a long long time for a Mets season.  I've already got like 4 full weekends during the season planned for home games which I'm going to incorporate the Jets into now that my chick is up there. 

I dont know what it is, but I feel like we're about to pull a Royals.  WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're going to watch the Royals get their stupid rings on opening day.  And use that for fuel for every single one of our 162 games and the postseason. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're going to watch the Royals get their stupid rings on opening day.  And use that for fuel for every single one of our 162 games and the postseason. 

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lowest combined team ERA for starters in Mets  history?  Maybe MLB!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lowest combined team ERA for starters in Mets  history?  Maybe MLB!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my fantasy baseball keeper league, I'm keeping Harvey and Thor this season.  Passing over guys like Joey Votto, Sonny Gray, and Yasiel Puig in the process.  I'm supremely confident in this team.  And we get Wheeler back around June too.  Holy sh*t.

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In my fantasy baseball keeper league, I'm keeping Harvey and Thor this season.  Passing over guys like Joey Votto, Sonny Gray, and Yasiel Puig in the process.  I'm supremely confident in this team.  And we get Wheeler back around June too.  Holy sh*t.

Seriously.  If we can just get a solid year from Duda and Conforto at the plate, this team is very capable of another postseason.  And with all those pitchers having some experience heading into another postseason....dare I say IT? 

52 minutes ago, JiF said:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Impossible. If you consider 1968 alone (the last year before they lowered the mound), the average ERA for a team was just under 3.00. Best team in the majors last year, the Cardinals at 2.96.

Whenever you want to look at pitching records, 1968 is a good place to start.

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Impossible. If you consider 1968 alone (the last year before they lowered the mound), the average ERA for a team was just under 3.00. Best team in the majors last year, the Cardinals at 2.96.

Ok, so team ERA? 

haha

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

So tricky comparing an era where guys pitch 6-7 innings once or twice a week to some of the earlier eras. I think Walter Johnson has more complete games pitched than Bartolo has total career starts.

23 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So tricky comparing an era where guys pitch 6-7 innings once or twice a week to some of the earlier eras. I think Walter Johnson has more complete games pitched than Bartolo has total career starts.

I am reading a book by Bob Gibson right now What he did in 1968 is absolutely sick:

22-9 1.12 ERA 304 innings 268ks 34 starts 28 complete games

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The fact that there were only 16 teams for much of baseball history is big also.  A very high percentage of the 20 teams in 1968 had multiple superstars or even HOFers. 

And no black people playing. If pitchers had to face lineups with Cool Papa Bell and Oscar Charleston every day I imagine the numbers would be just a bit different. Just a tad.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

And no black people playing. If pitchers had to face lineups with Cool Papa Bell and Oscar Charleston every day I imagine the numbers would be just a bit different. Just a tad.

I would have loved for Babe Ruth to have faced Satchel Paige in meaningful games as well.

This is so awesome. lmfao  And how can you blame him?  Cuban's are the best sandwiches in the world!!!

Remember the 275-pound, prize-winning pig Yoenis Cespedes bought earlier this week at the St. Lucie County Fair? Well, it's about to go under the knife. 

Cespedes, known for his love of fresh pork, will have plenty on hand to create his beloved Cuban sandwiches. The Mets outfielder told reporters Wednesday he wasn't allowed to keep the $7,000 pig so he sent it to the butcher instead. 

MORE: MLB records in reach this season | Schilling: Hillary 'should be buried under a jail'

The new king of spring training stunts showed up to the fair in full cowboy gear last Thursday and was so enamored with the pig that he came back to buy it the next day. 

Mets manager Terry Collins said "fun time is over" after Cespedes rode a horse to practice but the outfielder might throw one last party with his new meat like he did in November after slaughtering an 800-pound cow. 

No word on when PETA will begin boycotting the Mets. 

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

12801189_10209154423885524_1249964137512

This pic inspired me to look at some other pics of him.  OMG there are so many ******* hilarious pictures.  I was trying to find the one where he was the first to the champagne after the NLCS because he's so big and disgusting its amazing.  

I found this picture of my favorite thing to watch when watching Colon and its glorious:

bartolo-colon-swing-530x326.jpg

Archived