2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

On 3/2/2016 at 3:20 PM, JiF said:

This is pretty cool.  When I was searching for more funny pictures I found some pictures of my niece!  She's was in the Seven Line Army calendar a few years back and goes to a ton of games with that crew:

9k=blog_MARCH_low-663x1024.jpg?171381175879

I saw her at the game last Friday in Port St. Lucie with the 7line

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, adb280z said:

I saw her at the game last Friday in Port St. Lucie with the 7line

Yep!  She was down there.  Didnt invite her Uncle.  haha.  Good thing though, she ended up getting pretty sick and had to head back to Orlando.  We will be back down soon though.

It's actually pretty cool what transpired after this whole calendar girl fiasco.  When 7line had the cover girl competition for the calendar, my whole family flew up and went to the Reveal Party at McFaddens in the stadium.  It was a blast and we ended up meeting a Mets tickets sales guy who told Collins about her story.  Collins embraced it, knew she was a passionate Mets fan and any time she wants tickets, Collins leave her a few.  Really cool of him, he's been a big supporter and even made a donation to the gym that my family started in Orlando - Step it up Recovery which got picked up by Project Walk.

Here's an articles on her if you're interested.  She's truly an amazing inspiration.  

http://www.tcpalm.com/opinion/guest-columns/amanda-perla-dont-tell-this-new-york-mets-fan-she-will-never-walk-again-ep-632799270-341437461.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/wheelchair-no-handicap-mets-fan-calendar-model-amanda-perla-article-1.1985293

On 3/9/2016 at 10:49 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Pretty damn encouraging that both Walker and Dilson are having great camps.

Have to agree with the Tejada to the Cardinals stuff as well. The Mets need roster space bad and it's pretty clear he's going to be the odd man out.

Saves us about $2.25M from the looks of it also.

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yep!  She was down there.  Didnt invite her Uncle.  haha.  Good thing though, she ended up getting pretty sick and had to head back to Orlando.  We will be back down soon though.

It's actually pretty cool what transpired after this whole calendar girl fiasco.  When 7line had the cover girl competition for the calendar, my whole family flew up and went to the Reveal Party at McFaddens in the stadium.  It was a blast and we ended up meeting a Mets tickets sales guy who told Collins about her story.  Collins embraced it, knew she was a passionate Mets fan and any time she wants tickets, Collins leave her a few.  Really cool of him, he's been a big supporter and even made a donation to the gym that my family started in Orlando - Step it up Recovery which got picked up by Project Walk.

Here's an articles on her if you're interested.  She's truly an amazing inspiration.  

http://www.tcpalm.com/opinion/guest-columns/amanda-perla-dont-tell-this-new-york-mets-fan-she-will-never-walk-again-ep-632799270-341437461.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/wheelchair-no-handicap-mets-fan-calendar-model-amanda-perla-article-1.1985293

Very brave young lady and an inspiration. A lot of complain about so much stuff, and really have no right in doing so.

But the Dolphins? The Dolphins?

48 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Very brave young lady and an inspiration. A lot of complain about so much stuff, and really have no right in doing so.

But the Dolphins? The Dolphins?

She's amazing.  And you're right.  When I'm having a sh*t day and I think the world is crashing down on me.  I think about her and what she battles daily just to do the simple stuff we take for granted.

The Dolphins is heartbreaking stuff.  haha.  I felt dirty buying her a bunch of Dolphins gear for Christmas.  It does make for some fun sh*t talking though.  

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14976693/new-york-mets-place-ruben-tejada-waivers

Sources: Mets place IF Ruben Tejada on waivers

JUPITER, Fla. -- Ruben Tejada's days with the New York Mets appear numbered.

Tejada has been placed on waivers, paving the way for the Mets to free themselves from paying a large portion of the infielder's salary, multiple baseball officials told ESPN.

Tejada was due to be on Tuesday's trip for a Grapefruit League game against the St. Louis Cardinals, but his bag was left behind when the bus departed.

Mets general manager Sandy Alderson declined to comment. Major League Baseball prohibits teams from discussing waivers.

Tejada was due to make $3 million this season, his final year before free agency. However, when the Mets tendered him a contract on Dec. 2, they did not foresee adding two middle infielders later that month -- Neil Walker and Asdrubal Cabrera.

If no team claims Tejada by Thursday, the Mets could cut him more than 15 days before Opening Day and would then have to pay only one-sixth of his salary, or $500,000.

Even with Cabrera potentially opening the season on the disabled list with a strained patellar tendon in his left knee, the Mets are comfortable parting with Tejada. Wilmer Flores can handle shortstop until Cabrera is ready, and prospect Matt Reynolds can serve as a backup.

Tejada had returned healthy this spring training after suffering a fractured fibula in his right leg on a slide from Chase Utley of the Los Angeles Dodgers during Game 2 of the National League Division Series.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14976693/new-york-mets-place-ruben-tejada-waivers

Tejada has been placed on waivers, paving the way for the Mets to free themselves from paying a large portion of the infielder's salary, multiple baseball officials told ESPN.

Tejada was due to be on Tuesday's trip for a Grapefruit League game against the St. Louis Cardinals, but his bag was left behind when the bus departed.

Mets general manager Sandy Alderson declined to comment. Major League Baseball prohibits teams from discussing waivers.

Tejada was due to make $3 million this season, his final year before free agency. However, when the Mets tendered him a contract on Dec. 2, they did not foresee adding two middle infielders later that month -- Neil Walker and Asdrubal Cabrera.

If no team claims Tejada by Thursday, the Mets could cut him more than 15 days before Opening Day and would then have to pay only one-sixth of his salary, or $500,000.

Even with Cabrera potentially opening the season on the disabled list with a strained patellar tendon in his left knee, the Mets are comfortable parting with Tejada. Wilmer Flores can handle shortstop until Cabrera is ready, and prospect Matt Reynolds can serve as a backup.

Tejada had returned healthy this spring training after suffering a fractured fibula in his right leg on a slide from Chase Utley of the Los Angeles Dodgers during Game 2 of the National League Division Series.

:(

seven13n-3-web.jpg

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The guy had a bright future, seemingly 3 years ago. He was a tough out and would battle in at bat better than any Met at the time. Then, he just seemed to get lazy.

Let's you know bios worth that no team would trade for him, and that it has to come to a release.

Sad to see him go because of game 3, weird some of the backlash I've seen about this. We've known this was coming for weeks. Roster space in baseball is a finite thing and the Mets have a surplus in middle-infielders, one had to go and it certainly wasn't going to be Walker, Dilson, or Cabrera. Ruben has a better glove but Wilmer is a much better bat and has way more value because he's turning into a nice little utility player. That's not even counting the fact that we're pretty deep at SS in the minors.

I think a mistake esp with Cabrera injured. He was their 2nd best shortstop. But they did try to trade him and couldn't get a trade partner. Last week there were rumors he was getting traded to the Cardinals but no deal. btw the Mets saved 2.5 million cutting him. He won 3 mil in arbitration (maybe the key reason he was released) but the Mets had to give him about 500K off of that contract. 

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I think a mistake esp with Cabrera injured. He was their 2nd best shortstop. But they did try to trade him and couldn't get a trade partner. Last week there were rumors he was getting traded to the Cardinals but no deal. btw the Mets saved 2.5 million cutting him. He won 3 mil in arbitration (maybe the key reason he was released) but the Mets had to give him about 500K off of that contract. 

Mets and Tejada never went to arbitration. They agreed upon a 1-year $3 mill contract

Well, Tejada did sign with the Cardinals for about 1.5. Nobody picked up his contract so he had to take a big hit financially. I think in that atmosphere he'll do well. Even though they've been hit with a scandal or two recently they are still one of the best orgs in MLB history. 

On 3/17/2016 at 1:31 PM, Scott Dierking said:

The Mets have obviously told us that they are not worried about defense, that they would much rather have offense first players.

That's been the deal for a few years now, why would you think things have changed?  They went to the WS last year with Wilmer Flores as the SS, Murphy at 2b and Cespedes in CF.  

Matt Harvey shut down for the rest of spring training for . . . reasons

Matt Harvey did not travel with the team to Jupiter, Florida today because he had a “non-orthopedic doctor’s appointment.” The Mets did not say what it was about, but now they are saying that he is being shut down for the spring. What’s more, when asked about how this impacts his season opening start against the Royals on Sunday, Mets manager Terry Collins, when asked about Harvey said “it’s hard to say about Opening Day.”

This is all kind of weird, especially given the unusual lack of details regarding a player’s health. But we presume there will be updates in due time. In the meantime, here’s hoping it’s not serious.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Matt Harvey did not travel with the team to Jupiter, Florida today because he had a “non-orthopedic doctor’s appointment.” The Mets did not say what it was about, but now they are saying that he is being shut down for the spring. What’s more, when asked about how this impacts his season opening start against the Royals on Sunday, Mets manager Terry Collins, when asked about Harvey said “it’s hard to say about Opening Day.”

This is all kind of weird, especially given the unusual lack of details regarding a player’s health. But we presume there will be updates in due time. In the meantime, here’s hoping it’s not serious.

He probably has an ulcer .

16 hours ago, JiF said:

Supposedly, blood clots in bladder, is fine now.

Hopefully throw Wednesday, and then is good to go on Opening Day.

We will see

Archived